Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-02-2024, 09:38 AM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
What does him under INEOS change?

It’s the new excuse.
He has been picking his own team, signing his own players and running the club how he wants.

We are giving away two goal leads almost constantly and that’s got nothing to do with INEOS.
We also don’t seem to stamp out authority on away game and stay in control.
Does he need INEOS to show some tangible improvements in that regard?

We have a squad full on internationals that all start for their countries who are top ranked ones etc…., not West Ham’s squad.

INEOS will want best in class and won’t tolerate a manager who can’t even make a good account of himself with what he has.

What next?
“They aren’t his players INEOS are just dumping players on him”

He will not be here next season, I’m sorry!

Just for a laugh …what does the right support mean? and how does it differ from the total support he has had from what players he signs to expelling players we payed a lot money for..
Apology accepted

Unread 02-02-2024, 10:03 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
I think anyone sane can see that we’ve been better the past couple of games with our first eleven back. We are capable of scoring goals again and, while we were extremely wasteful last night at 2-0 up, I think part of that is mostly a confidence thing, with the exception or garnacho where it’s inexperience.

If we can get a win against West Ham, playing the same way (without throwing a 2 goal lead away) it should help with that, we will start to build momentum and cloud put together a healthy run to the end of the season, which could give us a chance in the fa cup.

Things are certainly brighter than they were a month ago. Onwards and upwards.
West Ham at home is a biggy. A win and we start to build something with the chance to challenge for top 4 still available. We can’t allow our endeavour against wolves to be undone at home against West Ham. Old Trafford can be an unforgiving place for the home team when we’re poor so we need to start in the same way we did last night. With the same team.

Feel completely rejuvenated by last night. A proper United performance - high energy excitement goals etc.

Unread 02-02-2024, 10:10 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I think anyone sane can see that we’ve been better the past couple of games with our first eleven back. We are capable of scoring goals again and, while we were extremely wasteful last night at 2-0 up, I think part of that is mostly a confidence thing, with the exception or garnacho where it’s inexperience.

If we can get a win against West Ham, playing the same way (without throwing a 2 goal lead away) it should help with that, we will start to build momentum and cloud put together a healthy run to the end of the season, which could give us a chance in the fa cup.

Things are certainly brighter than they were a month ago. Onwards and upwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
West Ham at home is a biggy. A win and we start to build something with the chance to challenge for top 4 still available. We can’t allow our endeavour against wolves to be undone at home against West Ham. Old Trafford can be an unforgiving place for the home team when we’re poor so we need to start in the same way we did last night. With the same team.

Feel completely rejuvenated by last night. A proper United performance - high energy excitement goals etc.
The lads.

#NewportSpringboard

Unread 02-02-2024, 02:43 PM
Jethro

I absolutely adore him but the one thing that gets to me is how relaxed he is post game. Literally any other manager in the league would be frothing at the mouth after THAT penalty and 12 minutes injury time.

If he starts a siege mentality the players will follow suit and rally behind him.

We've had the piss well and truly taken out of us this season.

Unread 02-02-2024, 02:50 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
I absolutely adore him but the one thing that gets to me is how relaxed he is post game. Literally any other manager in the league would be frothing at the mouth after THAT penalty and 12 minutes injury time.

If he starts a siege mentality the players will follow suit and rally behind him.

We've had the piss well and truly taken out of us this season.
It’s not like it’s doing him any favours. The decisions get more ridiculous by the week.

Unread 04-02-2024, 08:49 PM
Dr Stranger

There’s been some questionable decisions and it’s not been a good season, but I’m convinced he’s worth sticking with for now. He’s changing the culture. There’s a good group of young players growing into the side and his signings have something about them, personality-wise.

Goals are starting to flow, players are returning and we’re seeing more of what he wants us to be

Decent signs in the last 4-5 games

Unread 04-02-2024, 08:55 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
There’s been some questionable decisions and it’s not been a good season, but I’m convinced he’s worth sticking with for now. He’s changing the culture. There’s a good group of young players growing into the side and his signings have something about them, personality-wise.

Goals are starting to flow, players are returning and we’re seeing more of what he wants us to be

Yep, sometimes it’s a simple as players who are positive about their experiences with Ten Hag outweighing the players who are unhappy. That photo of Hoijlund, mainoo and Garners today is a bit of a £#%&! you to the shade throwers (like Rashford and Bruno to a lesser extent).

Unread 04-02-2024, 09:04 PM
Finport Red

A real pity about Martinez, he’s the most important player in our team, in my humble opinion. I only hope the momentum we’ve got now, and the confidence flowing through the likes of Hojlund and garnacho, with Mainoo and Cass behind them, sees us through his absence.

It’s pretty clear to see that we have the makings of a team now, are attacking well and scoring goals. A couple more decent additions and we will be right up there again.

Happy days.

Unread 04-02-2024, 09:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Extend his contract....

Unread 04-02-2024, 09:23 PM
Dacter

Quote:

I 100% agree.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and from day 1 he’s had a massive job on his hands trying to go pretty much root and branch on this team.

Some decisions he makes are questionable at times, including some of his signings obviously, but he’s been fighting against the tide nearly all season with injuries and selfish players acting like #@&%!heads.

I see this season as the time when it’s important for us to hold our nerve. The club should continue to provide him the support, and empower him with the authority, he needs to progress.

Unread 04-02-2024, 09:52 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
A real pity about Martinez, he’s the most important player in our team, in my humble opinion. I only hope the momentum we’ve got now, and the confidence flowing through the likes of Hojlund and garnacho, with Mainoo and Cass behind them, sees us through his absence.

It’s pretty clear to see that we have the makings of a team now, are attacking well and scoring goals. A couple more decent additions and we will be right up there again.

Happy days.
If shaw keeps playing and stays fit we should be ok. He’s a proper attacking outlet on the left.

Similarly with Casemiro , he just sniffs the ball out in great situations and can be a good player in the middle.

The worry is slab (decent enough game but nearly gifted a goal) and varane. Their partnership just looks shaky. Rather lindelof and varane .(if Martinez is injured of course)

Unread 04-02-2024, 10:14 PM
jem

we should have kept reguilon so we could play shaw in the middle and not have play an rb at lb. but someone is stupid.

Unread 04-02-2024, 10:24 PM
The taste of...

The thread is borne out of certain agents getting nothing from ETH
and their wannabe errand boys trying to spread discord.

That spills over into every other thread - but no thread bans for this clown

The irony is Ineos will handle the agents (leeches) from now. Maybe the
decent ones will benefit

Close the £#%&!ing thread

Unread 04-02-2024, 10:26 PM
Sparky***

Can we change the title to "surveilling"

or are we turning up on his doorstep with a survey for him to fill in?

Unread 04-02-2024, 10:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post

It’s Marlo’s thread, so it’s only fitting that it’s completely wrong

Unread 04-02-2024, 10:31 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
The thread is borne out of certain agents getting nothing from ETH
and their wannabe errand boys trying to spread discord.

That spills over into every other thread - but no thread bans for this clown

The irony is Ineos will handle the agents (leeches) from now. Maybe the
decent ones will benefit

Close the £#%&!ing thread
Everyone is free to start threads instead of bitching in threads and asking for them to be closed. Some people would rather complain about how shit things are instead of taking the easy step themselves to improve things.

The previous sentence is a paraphrase of Ten Hag, btw.

Unread 04-02-2024, 10:33 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post

Maybe in Spanish

Unread 04-02-2024, 10:35 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
It’s Marlo’s thread, so it’s only fitting that it’s completely wrong

Unread 04-02-2024, 10:50 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Everyone is free to start threads instead of bitching in threads and asking for them to be closed. Some people would rather complain about how shit things are instead of taking the easy step themselves to improve things.

The previous sentence is a paraphrase of Ten Hag, btw.
And people are free to bitch in threads they disagree with?

I’m not that bothered what you may think of ETH as you don’t infest every thread with it

Unread 04-02-2024, 10:52 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
And people are free to bitch in threads they disagree with?

I’m not that bothered what you may think of ETH as you don’t infest every thread with it
Of course, I'm just trying to steer you to a path of positivity where you start a positive thread about ten hag that is maybe more popular than this one.