United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Default positives for next season

there's way too much doom-mongering on here, so i thought i'd (try) and lift the mood.

next season we should have:

a fit cougar
nani playing all season like the end of this one
an even better johnny evans
mad paddy
rafael improving even more

We're united, it's never as bad as it looks.

feel free to list your own (no doomlords)

thank you please

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Liu Jian

Default Re: positives for next season

Smalling providing back up for Evans, Rio and Vidic.

Hernandez providing back-up for Rooney, Owen, Berbatov and Macheda.

Jack Duckworth

we'll comfortably finish top 2 next season even if we don't buy anyone. arsenal and liverpool will be weakened, spurs will be distracted by the champions league and city will continue to pay over the odds for average - good players. it'll be between us and chelsea for the title again.

naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Smalling providing back up for Evans, Rio and Vidic.

Hernandez providing back-up for Rooney, Owen, Berbatov and Macheda.

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:42 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
a fit cougar Wants out after Fergie not letting him go to the wc
nani playing all season like the end of this one Bound to suffer a loss of form as always
an even better johnny evans Injury prone
mad paddy Off to real madrid
rafael improving even more Curly hair
Positive:

Thierry Henry

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:44 PM
The Return of JC

We'll be in around the big prizes and, more importantly, we'll provide some special moments. Because we always, always do.

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:47 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
we'll comfortably finish top 2 next season even if we don't buy anyone. arsenal and liverpool will be weakened, spurs will be distracted by the champions league and city will continue to pay over the odds for average - good players. it'll be between us and chelsea for the title again.
Agreed.

Apart from Liverpool's accidental title challenge last season, it's been us and Chelsea since '05 and I can't see that changing next season.

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:50 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Agreed.

Apart from Liverpool's accidental title challenge last season, it's been us and Chelsea since '05 and I can't see that changing next season.
The only team that could catch us and chelsea next year is City, and only then if they sign (a lot of) quality this summer

Arsenal could have a distinctly dodgy season if Wenger does his usual kind of summer business. Fabregas and van Persie are the only two true quality performers (on a consistent basis, I find Arshavin very hit and miss) they have. One's off to Barcelona and the other is permanently injured. Add to that Spurs' improvement and City's money.

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:51 PM
El Chalten

i'm looking forward to seeing Rafael, Fabio and hopefully Macheda. i'd like to see him get a proper run in the team, seeing as we're skint.

nft.

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:52 PM
JakeB

A positive would be Tosic's performance while on loan in Germany, but Fergie seems dead against him

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:54 PM
suedeshoes

The Glazers will be gone coz thousands won't renew and the Red Knights will be in charge.

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Harri Jaffa

Wellbeck and Macheda hopefully

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:56 PM
forzagarza

I've got HIV

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Appletango

Postives.

We have that 9 year old Australian lad who will hopefully get a few carling cup games.

Negatives.

We have less money left than the lotto lout Michael Carroll

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
A positive would be Tosic's performance while on loan in Germany, but Fergie seems dead against him
Yeah, can't see the mileage in binning him off if things are as dire as most are dying to believe on here. May as well keep what we have and give them a shot.

Anyhoo, positives, in no particular order...

The twins
Obertan
Diouf
Hernandez
Nani
Anderson
Evans
Smalling
Sir Alex Ferguson
Macheda
Rooney
Hargreaves (Fit again)
Carrick (can't be as indifferent as last season)
Fletcher (gets better every season)
Valencia

In fact, just about everyone who played a part last season and will play an even bigger part next time out...

...except Michael £#%&!ing Owen

Unread 19-05-2010, 02:58 PM
borsuk

we finished a point behind chelsea with 3/4 of the defence out for a fair chunk of the season and but for a ridiculous red card we'd be waiting for a cl final right now.

we've got some cracking young players coming through.

fergie is here for another year and mourinho will be out of the picture when he eventually does go.

arsenal and liverpool will be even further behind us next year.

city will still be funny. mancini out by new year.

Unread 19-05-2010, 03:04 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
The only team that could catch us and chelsea next year is City, and only then if they sign (a lot of) quality this summer

Arsenal could have a distinctly dodgy season if Wenger does his usual kind of summer business. Fabregas and van Persie are the only two true quality performers (on a consistent basis, I find Arshavin very hit and miss) they have. One's off to Barcelona and the other is permanently injured. Add to that Spurs' improvement and City's money.
Sure.

City: The main ones to watch out for. They proved last season though that they have a lot to learn and are still way off the pace and further behind teams like Everton, Villa and Spurs in terms of progression and experience in competing at the top end of the table. But they'll get it right eventually. I expect steady improvement from them, but not a sustained title challenge just yet.

Arsenal: Will struggle again (if you consider this season a struggle). They're 4 or 5 players away from the league and they can't compete to get said players. And they're about to lose an absolutely fantastic player and the heartbeat of their side.

Liverpool: No.

Spurs: About the same again, I suspect. I have a sneaking suspicion they won't qualify for the Champions League.

Chelsea: It's Chelsea. They'll be right there again.

Us: We'll never not be challenging while Fergie is here.

Unread 19-05-2010, 03:08 PM
captain scarlet

My mate has opened a health shop and I get free yoghurt raisins.

Unread 19-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Sure.

City: The main ones to watch out for. They proved last season though that they have a lot to learn and are still way off the pace and further behind teams like Everton, Villa and Spurs in terms of progression and experience in competing at the top end of the table. But they'll get it right eventually. I expect steady improvement from them, but not a sustained title challenge just yet.

Arsenal: Will struggle again (if you consider this season a struggle). They're 4 or 5 players away from the league and they can't compete to get said players. And they're about to lose an absolutely fantastic player and the heartbeat of their side.

Liverpool: No.

Spurs: About the same again, I suspect. I have a sneaking suspicion they won't qualify for the Champions League.

Chelsea: It's Chelsea. They'll be right there again.

Us: We'll never not be challenging while Fergie is here.
nft

things could always be worse. we could always be liverpool

Unread 19-05-2010, 03:09 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
My mate has opened a health shop and I get free yoghurt raisins.

Sh'yeah right. It's just adding to the debt.
Closed Thread