United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:56 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Been through Stanley Park plenty of times, maybe didn't phrase the comparing ourselves bit correctly but they are our peers.

If there's plenty out there you shouldn't have a problem linking any of it? I've not seen Liverpool claiming their squad is full of asthmatics nor have I seen anything other than one bloke claiming they have high asthma rates. Do you have anything more concrete than that?
Sorry but I have better things to do with my time than trawling the internet to demonstrate to a united fan that the lot down the road can’t be trusted.

peer
noun
a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status.
something of equal worth or quality

Are you sure you are on the right forum?

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:59 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Sorry but I have better things to do with my time than trawling the internet to demonstrate to a united fan that the lot down the road can’t be trusted.
Avocado smashed by Quayders

Unread 07-03-2023, 12:00 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Just glad you found the time to move the goalposts on what was being discussed, have a good evening mate

Unread 07-03-2023, 12:03 AM
avocado

Quote:
Just glad you found the time to move the goalposts on what was being discussed, have a good evening mate
Still not answered the question ….

Unread 07-03-2023, 12:10 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Still not answered the question ….
You edited it after the fact

Happy to answer your question which is really you trying to divert away from the discussion about cheating. See you managed to find the time to stay and chat, any luck digging up any of the plentiful evidence out there?

Unread 07-03-2023, 12:24 AM
Hyman_Roth

Thumbs up

Leave for a couple of hours and obvs quayders volleys it home.

Unread 07-03-2023, 07:41 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
That proper club would kill for Qatari owners.
Laughable that people are pretending they wouldn't give a shit if that happened.

Unread 07-03-2023, 08:49 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Laughable that people are pretending they wouldn't give a shit if that happened.
I think a lot of their support and hierarchy wouldn’t. You don’t spend your entire history building yourself up as one the most iconic, revered and successful football clubs in the world (yes Liverpool) to simply allow yourself to become the playing thing of a sports washing exercise that is destroying the very game you’ve been successful in.

But if they did then more fool them.

There’s a good reason why the sports washers have picked off non entity clubs to run with.

Unread 07-03-2023, 08:53 AM
believe

Are we saying City and Newcastle are non entities now?

Unread 07-03-2023, 09:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I think a lot of their support and hierarchy wouldn’t. You don’t spend your entire history building yourself up as one the most iconic, revered and successful football clubs in the world (yes Liverpool) to simply allow yourself to become the playing thing of a sports washing exercise that is destroying the very game you’ve been successful in.

But if they did then more fool them.

There’s a good reason why the sports washers have picked off non entity clubs to run with.
Must admit, beginning to waver back towards Qatar a bit. The guy does seem as much a United fan as Jim. Where do you draw the line? Because he is foreign/Arab loses cred. But where’s Jim’s cred? From Failsworth but watches Chelsea and tried to buy them? Also, has he got the dish? Will he impose his own economics on us? Stadium issue?
Shazam or whatever his name is, has the readies. He was involved with fan groups fwiw, so doesn’t appear clueless.

Still wavering.

Unread 07-03-2023, 09:07 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Now, then and always will be.

Unread 07-03-2023, 09:13 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Yes

Unread 07-03-2023, 09:15 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Yes
Fair enough from a United fan perspective but calling the current English champions a non entity is slightly disingenuous.

Unread 07-03-2023, 09:27 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Fair enough from a United fan perspective but calling the current English champions a non entity is slightly disingenuous.
Not if they get Juventused

Unread 07-03-2023, 09:59 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
What?

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:09 AM
shenwen

Quote:
But they were before they were bought, which is the point no?

I'd say a combination of two things for both City and Newcastle. Cheap and desperate. Two very attractive attributes for a prospective buyer

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:16 AM
Pop

Best description I ever heard of Newcastle is that Newcastle are a massive club, in Newcastle.

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:39 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Ah goody, we get dicked by a proper club, one that hasn’t relied on cheating to become successful and within minutes, we’re like ‘inject that oil into my veins to make the pain stop.’
you mean apart from the salbutamol

Quote:
Been through Stanley Park plenty of times, maybe didn't phrase the comparing ourselves bit correctly but they are our peers.
Quote:
hyman is right, what is going on

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:02 AM
believe

Quote:
What?
I’m confused because people keep calling you Keith but didn’t Keith post last week? I’m assumed he just didn’t post much nowadays.

Unread 07-03-2023, 01:20 PM
tatty

I've said all along that I have some sympathy for those against a Qatari takeover, and in some ways I actually admire the willingness to prioritise idealism over sucess for the club.

But my enthusiasm in the face of being perpetual also-rans to City, Newcastle and possibly Liverpool wouldn't be sustained by the thought we were financially 'purer' than them.
Closed Thread