United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:13 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I think people are building up the return of Hargo far too much tbh. He hardly set the world alight for us when he was 'fit', and in the 2nd half of the season ended up being juggled in various positions.

I'm not quite sure what people are expecting from him when, or indeed if, he makes it back after a massive lay-off.
absence has honestly made peoples heart grow fonder.

fletchers performances this season were better than any hargreaves gave us in central midfield..

after his performances in midfield if I remember correctly fergie didn't play him in cm again. rw and rb to my knowledge.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:16 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
after his performances in midfield if I remember correctly fergie didn't play him in cm again. rw and rb to my knowledge.
He was used deep as a midfield shield for the defense early on (Arsenal away) and wasn't very good at it. But when played as a proper midfielder in the centre or right sided, I thought he did much better. Very good at rb too.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
absence has honestly made peoples heart grow fonder.

fletchers performances this season were better than any hargreaves gave us in central midfield..

Wonky described him as the new Bryan Robson.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
I think we found out in Rome that our midfield isn't AS good as we thought it was

I think deep down we already knew, that game just confirmed it.

To me, SAF's future plans for the team were altered after that game - the first interview straight after the match he said quite bluntly that we'd been beaten by a better team and that we'd need to go away and improve.

The midfield that night were just totally put in their place and he knows it, - I'm sure he'll try to rebuild a new one that can hold on to the ball much better against the very best opposition.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
I think we found out in Rome that our midfield isn't AS good as we thought it was

You had your back to the game you crank.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
You had your back to the game you crank.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Sloane

British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, spoke highly of Ronaldo, claiming the forward is one of the most "brilliant" players in the game.

"He's one of the most brilliant players in the world," he told the BBC. "I think people will be sad that he's lost to the game in England."

"I know Sir Alex (Ferguson) well and he will be rebuilding the team. He will make them emerge in a new way, and probably make them even stronger in the long run!" Brown reasoned.

see the PM knows

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Credit to Brown, he always makes himself heard on all top political matters. Speaking of which, anyone know how SuBo is doing?

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
He will make them emerge in a new way

Not sure it will help tbh

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Macca1990

Miguel Veloso + Wide Man = Win

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
Think we could get Puressence on a free if Scholesy puts a word in.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:42 PM
bruntyboy

Ronaldo is not a striker - just like Giggs (who Fergie used to say could eventually play up front).

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Have you been following Veloso this season? The guy is a mess. He'd be lucky to get a move to a top ten side.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
I'm sure he was linked with some utter shite recently. Can't say i've watched much of him this year mind.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Have you been following Veloso this season? The guy is a mess. He'd be lucky to get a move to a top ten side.
I dont think hes been that bad, but have you seen the shite hes playing with on top of his form I think he has the potential to be a top dominearing centre mid.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:49 PM
taff

essien. won't happen though

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
I'm sure he was linked with some utter shite recently. Can't say i've watched much of him this year mind.
Not only has he been utter shite and constantly talked about leaving, he's developed a ridiculous habit of talking about himself in the third person: "Miguel Veloso is back from injury and ready to start playing again"; "Miguel Veloso is not a left-back and he does not wish to be played at left-back"; "All players dream of playing for a top European club, Miguel Veloso is no different". Etc.

@#%&! of epic proportions

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Mr_Ed

In Fergie we trust.

I'm sure he'll sort something out.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Confirmed.

Still a handsome young chap though.

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek

Bolton were in for him.

Never rated Veloso, wasn't too happy when he was mentioned a couple of years ago.

Decent technical player but he's too one dimensional and I can't see how he can improve much. United always buy players that have the capability to improve.

That's why I can't see Tevez signing. He hasn't shown any great deal of improvement fron his days in Argentina. He looked like he could be a world beater then If anything, I think he has gone backwards
Closed Thread