United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
That's a change of heart, wasn't you gonna get in the top 4 last season and also take over United in terms of stature very soon?

Chelsea got loads of money and already had a CL squad, look where they are now. Still little Chelsea and Peter Kenyon is still talking shite the deluded @#%&! about 'breaking even' and becoming a big club.

I have to laugh how you always claimed we sold our soul, yet you got taken over by a criminal and lauded him, and when Arabs bought your club you was running around outside Eastlands with tea towls on your head.

That is selling your soul.
1. No.
2. I'm not arsed about being a "big club" or even a "massive club" - I'd like us to win a trophy or two. Chelsea have done that. I doubt it matters to their supporters, the ones that watched them when they were shit, that their 'global brand positioning' hasn't been as sucessful as yours. Next year they will be in contention for the title and the champion's league. Again. Not exactly abject failure.
Presumably you'd have steamrollered just about everything - maybe even bored the Premiership into submission (or your manager into retirement) - without the oil money giving you a decent rival for a couple of years at least.
3. Do you break even?
4. Fans are powerless to prevent takeovers - you know that. I've neither lauded Thaksin nor run round wearing a tea-towel... If you take 50000 (or whatever) people there are always going to be some dick heads. Most are not. I cannot imagine - what with their being so many united fans - how many of them are know-nothing dicks too. That shouldn't necessarily reflect on those that are not.

It's also worth pointing out that our new owners are quite a lot better than yours - I'm sure your fans would bend and spread just as fast if someone legitimately (and ridiculously) wealthy saved you from the Glazers/wiped out that debt.

Unread 17-06-2009, 11:43 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunne's Half-Time Pint
If you take 50000 (or whatever) people there are always going to be some dick heads. Most are not. I cannot imagine - what with their being so many united fans - how many of them are know-nothing dicks too. That shouldn't necessarily reflect on those that are not.
Very few United fans aren't #@&%!s.

Unread 17-06-2009, 11:44 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
othing dicks too. That shouldn't necessarily reflect on those that are not.

It's also worth pointing out that our new owners are quite a lot better than yours - I'm sure your fans would bend and spread just as fast if someone legitimately (and ridiculously) wealthy saved you from the Glazers/wiped out that debt.
Chelsea had a CL squad in place, the spine of their team that won 2 titles was already there. City's situation is completely different.

So your owners are lot better than ours? What, like your last owner was?

Get a grip. At best you will finish 6th this season.

Unread 17-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
The limit of most bitter £#%&!er's aspirations.

We're moving forward. You'd just go for the opposite joke if I suggested we should be challenging those teams, or that our money gives us more clout than any of them.
We have money and ambition - that beats the shit out of the last 10 years. I don't know what will happen to all of those teams (or even the leagues) in the next ten - it's equally clear that you don't either.

Unread 17-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Chelsea had a CL squad in place, the spine of their team that won 2 titles was already there. City's situation is completely different.

So your owners are lot better than ours? What, like your last owner was?

Get a grip. At best you will finish 6th this season.
OK... so when you said "I thought you were going to be in the top 4" and I said "No" you thought you'd provide reasons why my actual, stated view was the sensible one?
Do you think I don't know that Chelsea's situation was different?
In fact, it was you that brought up Chelsea...

Our owners are better insofar as they did not need to perform a leveraged takeover.
I'll give you more credit than you're giving me and just assume you know what your interest repayments etc. look like. The fact that you were all outside the ground protesting (i think that's what you said) suggests that you don't think they're much cop either...

6th would be our best ever Premiership finish (laugh all you like - I can cope because I support my club; I do not live vicariously through them) - it might cost Hughes his job but I know a lot of people who'd get over that... It wouldn't surprise me if we did either slightly better or slightly worse than 6th and had a decent run at one of the cups. Not exactly a disaster if you think where we've been... hopefully we're on an upward trajectory, but breaking the big 4's monopoly is a big ask.

Unread 17-06-2009, 12:21 PM
koppas

Quote:
OK... so when you said "I thought you were going to be in the top 4" and I said "No" you thought you'd provide reasons why my actual, stated view was the sensible one?
Do you think I don't know that Chelsea's situation was different?
In fact, it was you that brought up Chelsea...

Our owners are better insofar as they did not need to perform a leveraged takeover.
I'll give you more credit than you're giving me and just assume you know what your interest repayments etc. look like. The fact that you were all outside the ground protesting (i think that's what you said) suggests that you don't think they're much cop either...

6th would be our best ever Premiership finish (laugh all you like - I can cope because I support my club; I do not live vicariously through them) - it might cost Hughes his job but I know a lot of people who'd get over that... It wouldn't surprise me if we did either slightly better or slightly worse than 6th and had a decent run at one of the cups. Not exactly a disaster if you think where we've been... hopefully we're on an upward trajectory, but breaking the big 4's monopoly is a big ask.
Really?

Unread 17-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Really?
yeah.
I reckon you miss Owen Hargreaves too.

Unread 17-06-2009, 12:24 PM
koppas

Quote:
yeah.
I reckon you miss Owen Hargreaves too.
The avatar and "Missed" next to my name gives it away. I know.

Unread 17-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:

We're moving forward. You'd just go for the opposite joke if I suggested we should be challenging those teams, or that our money gives us more clout than any of them.
We have money and ambition - that beats the shit out of the last 10 years. I don't know what will happen to all of those teams (or even the leagues) in the next ten - it's equally clear that you don't either.
I'm not pretending to you blue @#%&!.

Of course I'd go for the opposite joke - it's a United forum FFS and your club are a joke. This is a widely recognised fact and no £#%&!ing Arab inspired shopping spree buying players interested only in money is going to change that.
Closed Thread