United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2009, 07:33 AM
koppas

Talking City chairman is seriously seeing his arse

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6516591.ece

Quote:
“There are two things going on,” said al-Mubarak, who took over as City chairman after Sheikh Mansour's £200million takeover last September. “One, a general view of Arab investors, and two, a whole hierarchy where there is a group of clubs that fall within the hierarchy, and clubs that fall outside don't have a seat at the table and shouldn't demand one.

“When we looked at Kaká, the numbers being thrown around were crazy. Suddenly in the news you see ‘City are crazy' and ‘City are irresponsible'.

Why is it when Real Madrid not only talks about but actually closes two deals, like the ones they've closed [for Kaká and Cristiano Ronaldo] with the numbers [£136million] they've committed to, it's fine?

“I'm frustrated with people assuming that we are going to throw crazy money at deals, that we won't understand true values and we can't negotiate or get value for a player.

“We've had numbers thrown at us that are a joke. There are situations where a £10million player will be offered to us for a ‘City price' of £20million. We just leave because at that point there's no point arguing. If people are throwing crazy numbers at us, fine, deals won't be done.”
Errr, maybe because you offered £100m for just ONE player when they got two of the world's best players for £136m. Think he is bitter cos Real got him for, near enough, half price.

Awww, diddums.

Unread 17-06-2009, 07:40 AM
thatsfuctit

There are situations where a £10million player will be offered to us for a ‘City price' of £20million. We just leave because at that point there's no point arguing. If people are throwing crazy numbers at us, fine, deals won't be done

welcome to our world - you've got Barry though, so if you don't do any more deals you should be ok

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:21 AM
koppas

He moans the numbers being thrown around, for Kaka, were crazy. So why make a public statement of intent by offering £100m for him? Did they honestly think that clubs weren't going to try and take the piss out of them? Especially with them being a small club with all this cash?

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

This is how it feels to be Citeh

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:35 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
This is how it feels when you can't sign no one at all! No one at all!

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:48 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
This is how it feels when you can't sign no one at all! No one at all!
Good Work

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
This is how it feels that in living history your best manager is arguably Alan Ball.

These @#%&!s have got about as much prestige as Preston ffs and they think they are relevant in world football.

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:52 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
This is how it feels that in living history your best manager is arguably Alan Ball.

These @#%&!s have got about as much prestige as Preston ffs and they think they are relevant in world football.
Alan Ball was a legend. Best voice ever.

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:54 AM
elephantstone

maybe it was because they put in bids for 24 players on the last day of the transfer window.

delusional blue @#%&!

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:

3 statements and only one is true - and I think the majority are more aware of our limitations than you're suggesting.

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunne's Half-Time Pint
3 statements and only one is true - and I think the majority are more aware of our limitations than you're suggesting.
Talking more of your owners and Gary Cook tbh. Delusions of grandeur indeed.

Nowt against you lot tbh, some of my best mates are blues.

Unread 17-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Talking more of your owners and Gary Cook tbh. Delusions of grandeur indeed.

Nowt against you lot tbh, some of my best mates are blues.
As long as their delusions mean I don't have to watch Samaras and Corradi I reckon we're going in the right direction.

Unread 17-06-2009, 09:06 AM
koppas

Quote:
As long as their delusions mean I don't have to watch Samaras and Corradi I reckon we're going in the right direction.
I think it's fair to say Samaras won't play for your shower of shite again. He has been absolutely shocking even in the SPL this year.

Unread 17-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Definitely - it must be great not worrying about getting relegated for once.

thatsfuctit

Quote:
some of my best mates are blues.

wiganste

Quote:
He could have been as good as van Nistelrooy according to markthered

Unread 17-06-2009, 09:19 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He could have been as good as van Nistelrooy according to markthered
Whatever happened to markthered?

Unread 17-06-2009, 09:20 AM
dunk

They were utterly convinced this was going to be the summer of City.

Big transfers, masses of publicity, improved profile and team ready to push on next year, the reality is they are going to get nowt. Any decent player that is available will be snapped up by Milan, Inter, Real, Barca, Chelsea, Bayern, United, Lyon etc, they aren't going to get near any of them, despite their money.

It is £#%&!ing ace

Unread 17-06-2009, 09:24 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
Whatever happened to markthered?
He died.

Unread 17-06-2009, 09:25 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They were utterly convinced this was going to be the summer of City.

Big transfers, masses of publicity, improved profile and team ready to push on next year, the reality is they are going to get nowt. Any decent player that is available will be snapped up by Milan, Inter, Real, Barca, Chelsea, Bayern, United, Lyon etc, they aren't going to get near any of them, despite their money.

It is £#%&!ing ace
No European football has made signing for cITEH even less attractive than normal.
Closed Thread