United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-05-2019, 09:14 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
can’t wait until Rooney gets the burger van gig
....and they mocked him when he got his kids one.

Vision

Pass it forward

Retirement

Unread 23-05-2019, 09:22 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Liverpool actually got rid of their transfer committee for their current far more effective system.
This. Every day brings yet more confirmation that we have no coherent plan in place. I bet Woodward sees the Sanchez signing as a success because of shirts sold etc, he couldn't care less about the actual football part. I'm growing really quickly sick of us, we've grown into something unrecognisable.

Unread 23-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Manchester United 'to create transfer committee of three ex-players to make sure they avoid signing flops' as club look to copy Liverpool-style model

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ing-flops.html
How does it ensure the club doesn’t sign flops?

Unread 23-05-2019, 09:23 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
How does it ensure the club doesn’t sign flops?
Liverpool don't, apparently.

Unread 23-05-2019, 09:25 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Liverpool actually got rid of their transfer committee for their current far more effective system.
Even under their previous system they signed well at times. Coutinho made them a fortune. Firmino a good spot.

They seem to have a group of good scouts working under a director who has a lot of power and a good relationship with Klopp. And they all know the types of players to fit his system and style. It can't be that hard tbh.

Although after six months of Ole I'm not sure what his type of player is, anywhere on the field. We don't seem to place much of an emphasis on building the play in defence and playing out from there, yet apparently De Ligt is a priority....

Unread 23-05-2019, 09:42 AM
Buck

Warming to the idea of having an ex player as a go-between the manager and board. Not unheard of. Ajax have Van der Sar and Overmars, Juventus have Nedved and QPR have Les Ferdinand.

Unread 23-05-2019, 09:46 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“Manchester United today announced long-awaited plans to expand the Sir Bobby Charlton (South) Stand, and are set to appoint ex-Reds defender Mikael Silvestre to be at the helm the project.

It’s thought that the Frenchman’s experience in United’s back line, where he was part of 5 title-winning sides, should stand him in good stead to oversee a multi-million pound construction scheme”

keith gillespie and scholesy are currently doing a coin toss (best of 100) to see who will get to run the betting concessions on the concourse.

what a £#%&!ing shambles the supposed biggest club in the world is at the moment.

Unread 23-05-2019, 11:09 AM
Sandman

Unread 23-05-2019, 12:14 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Even under their previous system they signed well at times. Coutinho made them a fortune. Firmino a good spot.

They seem to have a group of good scouts working under a director who has a lot of power and a good relationship with Klopp. And they all know the types of players to fit his system and style. It can't be that hard tbh.

Although after six months of Ole I'm not sure what his type of player is, anywhere on the field. We don't seem to place much of an emphasis on building the play in defence and playing out from there, yet apparently De Ligt is a priority....
Well, that’s probably the reason he is a priority.... if he is, in fact, a priority. Probably isn’t, though. Tbf, it’s a bit harsh to be judging Ole with this bunch of self-serving @#%&!s. As for building from defence; with Smalling, Young and Shaw? Could’ve shown a bit more enterprise but give the man a chance.

Unread 23-05-2019, 12:27 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Well, that’s probably the reason he is a priority.... if he is, in fact, a priority. Probably isn’t, though. Tbf, it’s a bit harsh to be judging Ole with this bunch of self-serving @#%&!s. As for building from defence; with Smalling, Young and Shaw? Could’ve shown a bit more enterprise but give the man a chance.
Won’t have any sympathy for Ole if he doesn’t act positively and drain the OT swamp. The opportunity is there - fans will be patient as long as they see progress.

I’m really worried though that he’s a bit of a company boy, not looking to rock the boat. Thinks saying hello to the tea lady and talking about Chongy and Greeny will see him through.

Unread 23-05-2019, 12:36 PM
sa7

Quote:
They haven't got a single £#%&!ing clue what they're doing.
It’ll end up being Bojan Djordjic, David May and £#%&!ing Di Maria

Unread 23-05-2019, 02:18 PM
utd99

Another example of the football industry not understanding that one set of skills do not equate to all sets of skills. The people judging these things should be as intelligent and as impartial as possible; whether you once played well for United is absolutely irrelevant. You can tell from whatever bits and pieces of punditry they do that this is rarely the case with ex pro’s.

Unread 23-05-2019, 04:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Link?
I'm sure that earsy can provide you with one.......

Unread 23-05-2019, 06:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Well Shaw can play, so can Lindelof. But I don't think coaches who have clear ideas wait this long before implementing them. It's part of what worries me about Solskjaer. We're in an era where every manager is now a coach and a very detailed one. Fergie had already started to become unique in that regard but I'm not sure his qualities were sustainable with someone else.

It doesn't mean De Ligt can't be a success. Ferguson wasn't too bothered about playing out from the back. A defender who was great on the ball was a bonus. Yet Ferdinand still had a great career here, even if he has intimated he does wonder how he'd have enjoyed more creative responsibility at club and international level. But someone like De Ligt may expect a certain style of play.

Unread 23-05-2019, 06:53 PM
dunk

Reckon they'd be better off with 3 Fredsters tbh.

Baron
Siders
Pure

Unread 23-05-2019, 11:35 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Well Shaw can play, so can Lindelof. But I don't think coaches who have clear ideas wait this long before implementing them. It's part of what worries me about Solskjaer. We're in an era where every manager is now a coach and a very detailed one. Fergie had already started to become unique in that regard but I'm not sure his qualities were sustainable with someone else.

It doesn't mean De Ligt can't be a success. Ferguson wasn't too bothered about playing out from the back. A defender who was great on the ball was a bonus. Yet Ferdinand still had a great career here, even if he has intimated he does wonder how he'd have enjoyed more creative responsibility at club and international level. But someone like De Ligt may expect a certain style of play.
As long as we get the rw sorted and maybe Shaw can push on (apparently starting his pre-season early) Fergie always had somebody playing from the back, with Pallister, Jonsen as well as Rio but yes, he didn’t mind a punt up the wing. Desperately need to get rid of attitude with the incumbent shit@#%&!s and with even four well placed recruits and a fresh pre-season, might manage 4th spot.

Unread 24-05-2019, 12:20 AM
Pepe le Pew

Quote:

Most new managers aren't unable to sign anyone in their first transfer window. He may be the wrong appointment; lets at least give him one chance to bring some players in though.

Unread 24-05-2019, 04:13 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe le Pew
Most new managers aren't unable to sign anyone in their first transfer window. He may be the wrong appointment; lets at least give him one chance to bring some players in though.
Regardless of signings, how does he want the team to play? What is his tactical vision?

We could all answer that question for Klopp, Sarri, Guardiola, Howe, Allardyce, Silva, Santo, Emery, Rogers, etc... I haven't a £#%&!ing clue how Ole wants the team to play. I'm worried that he doesn't either.

Unread 24-05-2019, 06:47 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe le Pew
Many managers are hired midway through a season and are expected to demonstrate a change in the team's play before signing players. Signing players can be vital to getting it to work, but the tactical outlook should take shape quickly.

Klopp's influence was evident in his first game away at Spurs before he probably knew most of the players by name. Same for managers at smaller clubs such as Poch at Southampton and even Marco Silva at Hull. After six months under Ole we looked un-coached.

Unread 24-05-2019, 06:47 AM
Clownbones

We really need to forget about Fergie and any attempts to replicate him.

He's gone. His time has gone.
Closed Thread