United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:31 PM
wiganste

Question Berbatov haters

So how did you think he peformed today?

Personally, I thought he was terrific, especially the 2nd half (like the rest of the team) Fully deserved his goal, even if he should have buried his header.

I also think we looked £#%&!ing brilliant with Rooney on the left, Berbs & Tevez up top & Ronaldo playing a free role. I'd love to see this more often because it worked fantastically.

Our best XI finished on that pitch today (maybe Anderson for Scholes?) and that is based on all our injuries because normally I'd have Brown at right back.

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Sloane

yeh i thought he was great. very attacking but that didnt give spurs a minute to settle and they couldnt cope

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:51 PM
ScarFace

I cannot stand his way of play but today was a big improvement.

Play like that in more games and he's fine.

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Flowers of Manchester

the key was Ronaldo allowed the free role, like he was doing last 2 seasons.

also please note his tracking back today, since Fergie had his word he has been so much better and helping his team mates alot more.

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:57 PM
rebelcountyred

I thought berbatov had a great game today, i'm a fan tbh, think he is an outstanding player but he is as someone else described him like marmite, you love him or you hate him. However i think i saw him for the first time today actually bust a nut to get into the penalty area to get on the end of rooneys excellent cross to get that header in that led to his goal, a fault of berbatovs has been that after playing the ball or laying it off is that he likes to admire his work rather than try to get on the end of play, perhaps this is a watershed for him, we might all like marmite.

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Bral

Thought he was brilliant tbh.

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Flowers of Manchester

Berbs had big £#%&!ing balls today! Fair play to the lad had tons of pressure and he delivered.

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:59 PM
waynes ear's

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
Thought he was brilliant tbh.
seconded

brilliant

Unread 25-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

nice to see Berbatov showing his class yet again - the movement was unrecognisable from much of what we've seen this season

and we won so most of the £#%&!wits probably thought he did okay as well

great call from Ferguson to go 4-2-4

hopefully we'll never have to listen to people whingeing about Rooney playing out wide again (although I said that after the Porto win as well)

Tevez was magnificent

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Brother Mouzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
So how did you think he peformed today?

Personally, I thought he was terrific, especially the 2nd half (like the rest of the team) Fully deserved his goal, even if he should have buried his header.

I also think we looked £#%&!ing brilliant with Rooney on the left, Berbs & Tevez up top & Ronaldo playing a free role. I'd love to see this more often because it worked fantastically.

Our best XI finished on that pitch today (maybe Anderson for Scholes?) and that is based on all our injuries because normally I'd have Brown at right back.

if you'd genuinely like to see Rooney on the left for United then may I respectively suggest you should retire from watching united.

He is uniteds best player and catalyst and shouldnt be made to play out of position for a 1 in 10 good games lazy bulgarian.

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mouzone
if you'd genuinely like to see Rooney on the left for United then may I respectively suggest you should retire from watching united.

He is uniteds best player and catalyst and shouldnt be made to play out of position for a 1 in 10 good games lazy bulgarian.
you don't watch United much do you, I can tell

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Brother Mouzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you don't watch United much do you, I can tell
thats just the point I do.

Rooney is Uniteds best player, to play him on the left and out of position for a player who has had a handful of above average games is a joke.

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:44 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:

Rooney is Uniteds best player, to play him on the left and out of position for a player who has had a handful of above average games is a joke.
i agree

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:45 PM
BarryX

I personally like to see Utd dominate games, make shit loads of chances, and play with the class of true champions. 5 goals in 22 minutes today was the kind of performance I am talking about. Whether one single player is better suited to a different position or not, is not relevant, when the 'whole' performs like that.

Can't believe any Utd fan would feel differently.

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:47 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:

I think you are missing the point , no one is saying Rooney is a winger , what is being said is that with the players we have and making the best out of it , Rooney on the left with tev, berb up top and ron on the right just might be our best line up .....scoring 5 in one half after being 2 down means he has a pretty good point

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:51 PM
dragflick

Rooney in the 2nd half, was similar to how Ronaldinho used to play for Barca a few years ago. Was £#%&!ing excellent, as he has been a few times recently.

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Brother Mouzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
I think you are missing the point , no one is saying Rooney is a winger , what is being said is that with the players we have and making the best out of it , Rooney on the left with tev, berb up top and ron on the right just might be our best line up .....scoring 5 in one half after being 2 down means he has a pretty good point
or we could just play the team that won us the champions league and league last season, rooney and tevez upfront (yes rooney occassionally played left wing in europe) you dont play your best player out of position to accommadate and average performing player

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Sloane

Quote:
or we could just play the team that won us the champions league and league last season, rooney and tevez upfront (yes rooney occassionally played left wing in europe) you dont play your best player out of position to accommadate and average performing player
or you could play the team thats currently in contention to win the league and champions league this season.

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Brother Mouzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
or you could play the team thats currently in contention to win the league and champions league this season.
despite berbatov not because of him

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

If you really did watch United much you'd know that Rooney is superb all across the front of the team, much like Ronaldo.

Berbatov has started 20 of United's 23 league wins since he signed, and was a sub in one of the others. he's started 5 CL games for United, 4 wins (inc. Inter at home and Porto away) and the 0-0 draw in Milan.

He's had a terrific influence and played some superb football in his first season, and United stand on the brink of greatness with him as one of the first names on the teamsheet.
Closed Thread