United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
One thing I will say. We had a tonne of corners and did nothing with them. Set piece coach needs to get his shit together. With the height we have we should be scoring or atleast doing more damage from corners
Bruno hit the post from one and Maguire had his usual free header 5 yards wide too. But agreed.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:57 PM
Chris Quayd

Tin hat on but there was nothing in the first pen shout and the second one was soft so by the third one Atkinson is probably thinking the match is over and Ronnie has been looking for one all afternoon, but how VAR didn't reverse it is beyond me.

West Ham were there for the taking yet we really struggled to create sustained pressure. Their keeper made a few good saves but we should have been peppering their goal all game, the lack of cohesion up top for us was a bigger concern than our midfield issues.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:58 PM
dunk

I can only think of 2 penalty shouts? Ronaldo both times, first he was looking for, 2nd stonewaller.

What was the 3rd?

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:01 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Tin hat on but there was nothing in the first pen shout and the second one was soft so by the third one Atkinson is probably thinking the match is over and Ronnie has been looking for one all afternoon, but how VAR didn't reverse it is beyond me.

West Ham were there for the taking yet we really struggled to create sustained pressure. Their keeper made a few good saves but we should have been peppering their goal all game, the lack of cohesion up top for us was a bigger concern than our midfield issues.
Ronaldo missed a chance either side of the half which he would normally score. Nothing new, the longer a game goes on the more it gets dragged on. That and we have a crap central midfield. The more games the front 4 play the better, don’t think Sancho even had a preseason with us? Same with Greenwood. Once rashford comes in I can see it go up a notch. Maybe shift pogba next to The Scottish Player and hope they form a decent partnership

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I can only think of 2 penalty shouts? Ronaldo both times, first he was looking for, 2nd stonewaller.

What was the 3rd?
Think cross in when his shirt was pulled

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:02 PM
Vedder

Did anyone even notice Rice today? I bet we blow our whole budget on the @#%&! next summer

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:03 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

What was the 3rd?
One in the first half on the left hand side of the box and a similar one with contact in the second half also on the left, he also tried to claim one from a cross that came in in the second half. Basically he put enough doubt/pissed the ref off enough not to get a genuine one, but the commentators said VAR looked at the waller with Zouma, how have they not asked him to look at that again?

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:04 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
The ref was disgusting

Fred is just an absolutely horrific player. Please, please stop using him ole. He offers nothing. Matic might be old but he's a £#%&!ing world away from that Brazilian fraud in the class department.

Great win. Should have been 4 or 5.

All of this.

Subs won the game

Ref's a @#%&!.

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
One in the first half on the left hand side of the box and a similar one with contact in the second half also on the left, he also tried to claim one from a cross that came in in the second half. Basically he put enough doubt/pissed the ref off enough not to get a genuine one, but the commentators said VAR looked at the waller with Zouma, how have they not asked him to look at that again?
Yeah I wouldn’t have even considered the shirt pull fall over as a shout he probably didn’t help himself, shouldn’t matter in the VAR world though.

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:08 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Did anyone even notice Rice today? I bet we blow our whole budget on the @#%&! next summer
Better than Fred (obviously) and a good player but he’s not what we need and especially if it means he’d be our only signing of the summer at £100m

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Trying too hard to impress us, nqat.

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:12 PM
dunk

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:13 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Ole

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:15 PM
red in cumbria

So yes, he said it - good for him.

Now let's see if the FA suits take any action.

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:16 PM
dragflick

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:29 PM
dunk

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:31 PM
Dr Stranger

Did it at Southampton too. I’m not holding my breath.

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:36 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
nice one pal

are you "back" with the wife now then?
Ha - no idea mate.

We get on ok but it depends what is best for daughter. Let’s just say there are ‘challenges’ ahead on that front and we may head back to Scotland when appropriate.

Tough one

Still can’t get over the result - we are such an odd team at times but Ronaldo’s goals may drag us to some crazy places….

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Deffo a bit of the Eric Dier’s about him. I hope they price him out of a move or someone else comes to the fore.

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:39 PM
believe

Does Fernandez not get the assist for the first goal?

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:42 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Does Fernandez not get the assist for the first goal?
Fabianski.