United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Beat Coventry on Sunday = ten hag is king
Lose to Coventry on Sunday = 95 injuries!!
....and we know which one you'd like to happen.

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:55 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
....and we know which one you'd like to happen.
I know you’re all over the place at the minute pal but don’t lower yourself

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:56 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Can you read or are you just ignoring what I said kn.purpose ?

The football at times this year has been vile, he's not above calling out on this, we are though a game away from another cup final and our league position represents our horrific injury crisis....

There's been enjoyable games and good results this season though..

Id rather give a proven winner longer than 7 months, you and MANY others wouldn't.....

It was all sunshine and lollipops just 7 months ago....
7 months ago, we weren't playing Eye Bleed Ball every single game. I can't see any pattern apart from we get dominated, the opposition has 50 chances a game and we look like a National League team against utter shit. I thought at first it was the injuries, so I supported him. Even when it went down hill and people wanted him out, I stuck by him - but it's got to a stage now that he's impossible to defend. The football, players, 'system', 'tactics' - all impossible to defend. How can you let a team have 30 shots one week, then do exactly the same the next week? It's absolutely appalling and amateurish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I just can’t fathom what he’s trying to do in terms of set up and style of play. It seems he’s happy for all teams, no matter how shit, to utterly dominate possession and have as many shots against us as possible. We therefore play on the break but play inverted wingers who naturally have to cut back and slow any break down. The other thing we seem to do is to try and capitalise on opposition mistakes - mistakes made primarily because opposition team’s are so disarmed by the amount of openess afforded to them.

It’s a proper confused mess and that’s evident in watching it and I’d suggest for the players in playing it. Every one of them looks utterly dejected and it’s amongst the worst football I’ve ever seen United play but also that I’ve seen anyone play.

I had to pinch myself against Brentford that I hadn’t switched on a Brentford v Tranmere cup tie or something.

It’s absolutely abysmal and the quality can in no way be explained by injuries alone.

I say we might aswell £#%&! him off now. Whatever he’s trying to do (be great if someone can explain) it’s really not working.
Yep.

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:59 PM
Bunker Buster

30 shots Klaxon !!!!

Another new statistic rolled out and promoted for anti united bias......

You say you've supported him, but 7 months is your limit....
.fair enough, you're a spoilt £#%&!ing child...

But at least stand on it, hope the next guy gets a bit longer in your head, especially after he wins something in his first year...

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:00 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
30 shots Klaxon !!!!

Another new statistic rolled out and promoted for anti united bias......

You say you've supported him, but 7 months is your limit....
.fair enough, you're a spoilt £#%&!ing child...

But at least stand on it, hope the next guy gets a bit longer in your head, especially after he wins something in his first year...
I call wum

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:10 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
I call wum
Interesting call. Especially when you consider he wanted Mourinho out the year we won two trophies

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:12 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
I call wum
Donny was clearly a wum, but this one is getting equally silly.

Shots on goal a new statistic .

Fair play if it is a wum. Solid effort.

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
this one is getting equally silly.
Getting silly ?

54% of this forum don't agree with you....

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:18 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Getting silly ?

54% of this forum don't agree with you....
Oh no

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Oh no
Then how is it getting silly ?

If we were in relegation trouble and out of all the cups, not won in 10 or something and I was posting he needs more time, that would be silly....

But myself and the majority of the forum agrees he's still got a job to do....

At least post with integrity FFS .

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:30 PM
est.1878

I think we will need a new poll after Sunday.

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:34 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
I think we will need a new poll after Sunday.
It wasn’t so long ago after an amazing run against Luton and Newport that a thread was made about what would let him off the hook. From memory said top four and a cup win. Well one of them is long gone and Sunday like you say might be the turning point.

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:40 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
It wasn’t so long ago after an amazing run against Luton and Newport that a thread was made about what would let him off the hook. From memory said top four and a cup win. Well one of them is long gone and Sunday like you say might be the turning point.
Correct. I think the vast majority said top 4 and a cup win as a minimum which at the time I thought was hugely ambitious given who we’ll likely meet in the cup. We absolutely should have done top 4 though or at least got fairly close. We’re miles off and justifiably so.

Truth is we’ll do neither now - we’ll simply finish 6th or 7th after watching the worst league campaign I can ever remember.

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:51 PM
magic_cantona

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:55 PM
ZiggyStardust

I don't really get the devotion to ETH from some Utd fans
Acting like it some sort of betrayal if you think ETH should probably be sacked after the worst season of football many of us have seen

It's MUFC and not ETH FC
My loyalty is to the club and not some guy who's only going to have managed us for a couple of seasons and won us a league cup

I had high hopes for him when he was appointed and he had a pretty promising first season in charge but unfortunately he's shit the bed this season

Disappointing but we move to hopefully better things

Unread 16-04-2024, 02:56 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
7 months ago, we weren't playing Eye Bleed Ball every single game. I can't see any pattern apart from we get dominated, the opposition has 50 chances a game and we look like a National League team against utter shit. I thought at first it was the injuries, so I supported him. Even when it went down hill and people wanted him out, I stuck by him - but it's got to a stage now that he's impossible to defend. The football, players, 'system', 'tactics' - all impossible to defend. How can you let a team have 30 shots one week, then do exactly the same the next week? It's absolutely appalling and amateurish.

Yep.
And what do you think has changed since then - ETH has become a bad manager and forgotten everything that got him the job in the first place or injuries ?

Unread 16-04-2024, 03:02 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane View Post
And what do you think has changed since then - ETH has become a bad manager and forgotten everything that got him the job in the first place or injuries ?
How many injuries did we have when we lost 7-0 at Anfield?

Unread 16-04-2024, 03:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post

Some United fan you pal......

You seem to be enjoying our tough season ...

Weird

Unread 16-04-2024, 03:10 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Some United fan you pal......

You seem to be enjoying our tough season ...

Weird
Anything but. It's absolutely sickening. Can't wait for it to end.

I only hope that we do Coventry and somehow turn up and beat City in the final. Genuinely can't see it. Can you?

No trophy and 7th. Not good enough.

Unread 16-04-2024, 03:18 PM
jem

it couldn't really surprise anyone if we won the f.a. cup or if we lost to coventry. at this point, it doesn't really matter. we've seen enough.