The other should be at a club like southampton or west brom

Unread 01-04-2018, 07:19 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
He's signed 2 defenders already

One is hit and miss plus always seems injured

The other should be at a club like southampton or west brom
I think Bailly has been a success, despite the injuries. Is also still young.

Lindelof given time will come good, like the signs. Mou is good at signing defenders, traditionally.

Unread 01-04-2018, 07:20 AM
armchair

I'm happy with Lindelof and Bailly. Obviously need fullbacks.

Unread 01-04-2018, 07:33 AM
waynes ear's

Umtiti wants a new deal at Barca. Sandro ditto

Unread 01-04-2018, 07:33 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think if we're really serious we add an elite CB like Umtiti to give us that insurance in case Bailly gets hurt a lot again and to give him/Linders genuine competition. Ideally we bin both Smalling and Jones.

Unread 01-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Need a fullback and a cm at minimum...

Unread 01-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Tiberian

2 Full backs and maybe 1 CB. Young and Valencia would be fine as squad options for the next 2 years, but they should not be both starting at the same time. Valencia does not seem to have the engine of previous years, hard role to play in the modern game, especially when you are playing every game as he does.

Darmian and Blind will definitely go, probably Jones, a pity because when fit he is excellent, but availability is key. Smalling as 3rd/4th option would be fine, especially against some of the teams who play a more aerial game but ideally a more rounded CB would be starting ahead of him. Rojo just got a new contract, so will stay, 4 months of form in 4 years means I don't trust him, injured or erratic for most of his time at Utd. Shaw is not trusted so, gone as well.

Umtiti is very good, can play LB to a decent level as well which would make him an attractive prospect.

Unread 01-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
2 Full backs and maybe 1 CB. Young and Valencia would be fine as squad options for the next 2 years, but they should not be both starting at the same time. Valencia does not seem to have the engine of previous years, hard role to play in the modern game, especially when you are playing every game as he does.

Darmian and Blind will definitely go, probably Jones, a pity because when fit he is excellent, but availability is key. Smalling as 3rd/4th option would be fine, especially against some of the teams who play a more aerial game but ideally a more rounded CB would be starting ahead of him. Rojo just got a new contract, so will stay, 4 months of form in 4 years means I don't trust him, injured or erratic for most of his time at Utd. Shaw is not trusted so, gone as well.

Umtiti is very good, can play LB to a decent level as well which would make him an attractive prospect.
What's he like playing it out from the back?

Still think we need a senior defender to calm things down in bigger games. Godin would be the dream. Chiellini. That sort of player.

We've bought old midfielders and strikers but refuse to address the area where experience is most needed.

Unread 01-04-2018, 10:50 AM
AK14

Aldewirlad(sp) is the one we should go for IMO

Him, Savic, Sessegnon/Tierney, Mounier, Serri and we’ll be set

Unread 01-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
What's he like playing it out from the back?

Still think we need a senior defender to calm things down in bigger games. Godin would be the dream. Chiellini. That sort of player.

We've bought old midfielders and strikers but refuse to address the area where experience is most needed.

Bit odd that, tbf

Unread 01-04-2018, 11:16 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Aldewirlad(sp) is the one we should go for IMO

Him, Savic, Sessegnon/Tierney, Mounier, Serri and we’ll be set

Unread 01-04-2018, 11:34 AM
puressence

Hope toby joins and fabinho a left back who can stay fit ffs

Unread 01-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
When big Dunc reports it you know its serious

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/s...ited-fpdhhglgl

Umtiti and Alex Sandro approached.
Why are we always trying to sign players from top clubs? They better be improving our scouting because it’s obviously been shit for at least a decade.

Unread 01-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Why are we always trying to sign players from top clubs? They better be improving our scouting because it’s obviously been shit for at least a decade.
Bailly came from Villareal
Lindelof from Benfica
Sanchez from Arsenal

Unread 01-04-2018, 02:30 PM
Sparky***

April fools day already is it.

Unread 01-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Although the back four isn’t ideal it’s the centre of midfield that needs focus and a complete overhaul. Someone who can take a ball in to feet and drive the team forward. Someone who’s first touch isn’t control the ball and lay it off sideways or backwards.

After that we need two new fullbacks, one each side of the pitch. Only then should Jose be prioritising centre backs.

In all honesty I would sacrifice both Pogba and Martial to help fund this overhaul. Sick to death of the slapped arse attitudes on the pair of them and both would command ridiculous fees that Jose can re-invest.

Unread 01-04-2018, 04:47 PM
jem

big whoop. our problem is we're shit to watch and we don't create enough. still, buy some defenders.

Unread 01-04-2018, 04:56 PM
75Red

I thought Bailly was pretty good for his first months. Was I perpetually pissed? Didn't he get MOTM a couple of times?

We need strikers who know how to win, killing the game, not more defenders.

Unread 01-04-2018, 04:57 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
big whoop. our problem is we're shit to watch and we don't create enough. still, buy some defenders.
this.

Another clean sheet yesterday.
Best keeper in world Football, a decent pool of centre halves to choose from.
Fullbacks not ideal, but Young's been one of our best performers all season - despite what the Champ Manager crowd would prefer was the case.

The attacking play is the issue.
...& the manager.
Closed Thread