United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Mourinho - the right man take us forward?
Wanted him OUT - Still OUT 17 39.53%
Wanted him to OUT - Now STAY 2 4.65%
Wanted him to STAY - Still STAY 15 34.88%
Wanted him to STAY - now GONE 2 4.65%
I don't understand the question 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2018, 12:12 PM
windy waffles

Default Mourinho - the man to take us forward (after a slight improvement)?

Interested to hear Fredsters views on Mourinho and whether they still think he is/isn't the right man for the job?

Looked to be on his way out after the Newcastle game and probably would've been had it not been for the superb second half showing.

Team now seem to be playing for him (45 minutes) at least and is now getting a song out of Shaw and Martial. I suspect a team meeting has been conducted and all grievances have been aired and the slate has been wiped clean with some members of the squad.

Is he the right man to take us forward?

Unread 22-10-2018, 12:17 PM
TheFatGoth

We have one of the most expensively assembled squads of all time and we could be in the bottom half of the table in a few hours.

The last two second halves have been infinitely more watchable than most of the other dross served up this season, but people need to calm down.

Unread 22-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Fat Al

Going 0-2 down to the worst team in the league & just managing to come back & win the game is not any kind of recommendation for him to stay.

To re-iterate what the Chelsea fans sung at the weekend - £#%&! off Mourinho.

Points-wise, we’re as close to the relegation zone as we are the top of the table.
The season is a quarter of the way thru & we are below shite like Watford, Wolves, Bournemouth & Everton.

Unread 22-10-2018, 12:31 PM
windy waffles

Reckon a win against Juve could kick start something.

Unread 22-10-2018, 12:33 PM
utd99

Unread 22-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Cream

I wanted him gone when it was clear his position was untenable.

Woodward has failed to force him out, but still managed to knacker the season up before it even started.

At Chelsea we saw Mata at no10 and Martial has been transformed. This could be massive.

If he can get Lukaku firing, or simply fire him, secure a decent centre half in January, we might win the champions league.

Unread 22-10-2018, 12:49 PM
rubbernecker

Didn't want him in the first place but now he's here think it would be more damaging/ waste of time to get rid now

Conditional support

Unread 22-10-2018, 03:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Didn't want him in the first place but now he's here think it would be more damaging/ waste of time to get rid now

Conditional support
Sensible position.

Unread 22-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Thought Saffers had flounced?

Unread 22-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Thought Saffers had flounced?
Crying shame if so. Hounded off by so called reds

Unread 22-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Sparky***

No he's not the man to take us forward because he'll be gone by Christmas.

I want him to turn us around but he simple fact is he can't. We're £#%&!ing atrocious.

Unread 23-10-2018, 08:01 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Conditional support
Pretty much what I think at the mo. If not him then who? Woody's shown absolutely zero thought and ambition in his choice of new mangers so far, so there's no reason to think we have any kind of viable plan B if he sacks Mourinho.

(he's probably already been on the phone to Ancelotti and Zidane's agents, and I doubt either would want it, not that I think they'd be good choices anyway mind)

Unread 23-10-2018, 08:32 AM
atticusgrinch

He's the only one with the credentials to manage Man United at this moment in time.

1st season 2 trophies and back in CL.
2nd season comfortably highest league position since Ferguson and again back in the CL.

Remember what went on before and contrast. United need Mourinho more than Mourinho needs United.

I'd love to see who Woodward had lined up though.

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:00 AM
Mr_Ed

Define ‘slight improvement’ - this is our worst start to a season since Moyes

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Crying shame if so. Hounded off by so called reds
he's not been hounded off at all ffs. if anything he was trying to consistently label other reds and then started seeing sexists/racists/facists everywhere.

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:04 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No he's not the man to take us forward because he'll be gone by Christmas.

I want him to turn us around but he simple fact is he can't. We're £#%&!ing atrocious.

Some poor performances that can clearly be put down to him. Very baffling and disappointing at times but the shit @#%&!s... talented shit@#%&!s ... would love to see Keane, Giggs, Nev, Schmikes etc get hold of Pogba, Lukaku backing out of a cup final etc etc. half of them shouldn’t even be here.

The rot started from the current owners and is the big black cloud hanging over everything. Jose could and should have done a bit better but ffs... what he has been left with and had to fix... the lack of focus on the playing side from the sponsorship crew.. £#%&!ing criminal what has happened since they took over. Who knew? If the billions of so called supporters could’ve been arsed to buy a few shares we’d have been sorted. Blame it on Mou.

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:26 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Some poor performances that can clearly be put down to him. Very baffling and disappointing at times but the shit @#%&!s... talented shit@#%&!s ... would love to see Keane, Giggs, Nev, Schmikes etc get hold of Pogba, Lukaku backing out of a cup final etc etc. half of them shouldn’t even be here.

The rot started from the current owners and is the big black cloud hanging over everything. Jose could and should have done a bit better but ffs... what he has been left with and had to fix... the lack of focus on the playing side from the sponsorship crew.. £#%&!ing criminal what has happened since they took over. Who knew? If the billions of so called supporters could’ve been arsed to buy a few shares we’d have been sorted. Blame it on Mou.
Utds problems are 30% Jose and 70% gimps/woody IMHO

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:46 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
he's not been hounded off at all ffs. if anything he was trying to consistently label other reds and then started seeing sexists/racists/facists everywhere.
This. Can’t think of a fredster more determined to wind people up. Personally, I find most of it funny but hounded off

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:08 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Still trying to hound people off. You won. Give up.
He was an immature dick.

He will be back anyway.

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:15 AM
sa7

He's not the right man for the job, but I'm fast coming to the conclusion that nobody is the right man for the job.

If you've got a piss stain like Woodward deciding whether a player is worth signing or not, then you can't win.
Closed Thread