United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-08-2008, 09:54 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Rafael Da Silva

So, I take it no-one thinks we need to sign a right back now?

Unread 06-08-2008, 09:56 PM
marlo stansfield

i feel sorry for "simmo"

tells everyone (champs especially) he will be united star

Unread 06-08-2008, 09:56 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not much to enjoy from that game tonight but he was £#%&!ing excellent.

Unread 06-08-2008, 09:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
i feel sorry for "simmo"

tells everyone (champs especially) he will be united star
Sheffield United?

maybe Newcastle...

TBF I quite like Simpson, but he has got £#%&! all chance of getting ahead of this boy. I think G.Nev might struggle

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:00 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Sheffield United?

maybe Newcastle...

TBF I quite like Simpson, but he has got £#%&! all chance of getting ahead of this boy. I think G.Nev might struggle
i agree regading neville if you scroll across the pitch and use the same ruthless assessment another class of 92 player shoul struggle to get a place ahead of a smaller brazilian

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:01 PM
redmike

Quote:
Nope, I wonder if him and his twin can play up front though.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:03 PM
The Return of JC

The only three players I can see making it from this crop of kids is Him, his bro and Rodrigo Possebon. It's not a coincidence that they're all not English. A little sad really. Jury is still out on Campbell and I don't think Lee Martin is any better than Eagles.

Rafael looked tremendous in his little cameo. Hope we see more of him this year. Rodrigo will have a job getting in amongst our packed midfield, but he looks the part. I'm yet to see him give the ball away.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:04 PM
CockOfTheNorth

£#%&!ing hell eh?

I bet Fergie's creaming himself again.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:05 PM
BarryX

lyrics should be adopted me thinks:

wiganste

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
The only three players I can see making it from this crop of kids is Him, his bro and Rodrigo Possebon. It's not a coincidence that they're all not English. A little sad really. Jury is still out on Campbell and I don't think Lee Martin is any better than Eagles.

Rafael looked tremendous in his little cameo. Hope we see more of him this year. Rodrigo will have a job getting in amongst our packed midfield, but he looks the part. I'm yet to see him give the ball away.
Agree with that. Martin won't make it at United. Neither will Campbell.

Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

This may be a little unfair as i havent seen much of him but Lee Martin should be shipped off to Burnley asap.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Part 36 Offer

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...19#post1081419

nft.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:07 PM
dontdopeas84

he was awesome tonight thats the first time i've seen him and i thought he was well good bring on the new season

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Bold statement

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
This may be a little unfair as i havent seen much of him but Lee Martin should be shipped off to Burnley asap.
Agreed. No offence to him, but I can't even see the raw framework for a good player. In fairness to him (and Eagles) it's harder to make an impact as an attacking player. Defenders can kind of slip into the side, but as a winger, Martin is expected to make things happen and be a genuine attacking outlet on a big stage against quality full backs.

Very difficult. Still, it's his position and it's his job, but I don't see it happening for him.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:09 PM
MUFC One Love

I can see Rafael and Possebon being a part of the squad this season, especially now being allowed to have 7 subs. Both could be very useful at times this season.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Bold statement

Cheers lurch

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:13 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Cheers lurch
Yet another great contribution to the forum. Well done, yhgr

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I can see Rafael and Possebon being a part of the squad this season, especially now being allowed to have 7 subs. Both could be very useful at times this season.
Agreed, but my concern is Fergie's alarming proclivity to play O'Shea in the centre of midfield.

Why was he there tonight? I really can't see the benefit. I can understand playing Fletcher on the right because circumstances may dictate that we no other options there, but O'Shea in midfield?

If the midfield is wafer thin against Newcastle next week then he'd select O'Shea ahead of Possebon. We all know that'd be wrong, but we should all know it's true.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:15 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
lyrics should be adopted me thinks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaNc0PrSsoY
Fabio on the left side, and Rafa down right.......
Closed Thread