United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
it's just a list of games with lots of goals.
They've included every single one of our biggest defeats (goals scored wise) and ignored the genuine nail biters & significant matches.

Some of those games in the run-in to the 2007 title - Everton away, Blackburn at home. Brilliant comeback wins in tense as £#%&! situations.

The 9-0's & 8-2's are fun of course but they don't resonate because there was very little tension.
I'm sorry but I fail to see how a 9-0 win is a "great game"...it's isn't. It's a one-sided thrashing. truly great games very rarely have massive score lines but they are high on drama and quality.

I don't know why we're suprised it's a £#%&!ing typically lazy piece of journalism by a £#%&!ing cesspit of a newspaper.

Unread 18-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm sorry but I fail to see how a 9-0 win is a "great game"...it's isn't. It's a one-sided thrashing. truly great games very rarely have massive score lines but they are high on drama and quality.

I don't know why we're suprised it's a £#%&!ing typically lazy piece of journalism by a £#%&!ing cesspit of a newspaper.

Exactly. It's remarkable for the scoreline alone. I doubt many people can even remember three goals for games and even fewer can name the scorers of the nine goals.

Some of the best games are contextual. That 2-2 at Highbury.

Some are great games but not as significant. 2-1 at villa park 93-94.

Unread 18-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Exactly. It's remarkable for the scoreline alone. I doubt many people can even remember three goals for games and even fewer can name the scorers of the nine goals.

Everyone knows Andy Cole got 5 of them Keano, hughes and another 2

Unread 18-11-2016, 04:27 PM
TheFatGoth

Ince with a cheeky free kick

Unread 18-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Everyone knows Andy Cole got 5 of them Keano, hughes and another 2
I meant actually remembering the goals. Most people know Cole got 5. I bet your average football fan couldn't tell you the other scorers or actually remember most of the goals.

Unread 18-11-2016, 05:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Ince with a cheeky free kick
Which made it 8-0 IIRC, so Ipswich were too demoralised to complain
Closed Thread