Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2013, 08:41 AM
believe

Talking Rafa Benitez

Surely the end is nigh for him already.

Unread 03-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Mr Castro

It's all the bad domino effect from not getting Guardiola last Summer. Roman had to appoint Di Matteo full time after that (don't kid yourself, a European Cup win wasn't going to save him if Pep was available) and when that didn't work out for him he has to appoint someone totally unpopular with the fans because of previous rivalries.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got sacked before the end of the season.

Unread 03-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Gruber

Chelsea deserve Benitez

Unread 03-02-2013, 10:48 AM
skcollob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
It's all the bad domino effect from not getting Guardiola last Summer. Roman had to appoint Di Matteo full time after that (don't kid yourself, a European Cup win wasn't going to save him if Pep was available) and when that didn't work out for him he has to appoint someone totally unpopular with the fans because of previous rivalries.

He's already got the look of a rabbit in the headlights hoping its only going to be the push rather than a posion tipped umbrella.

The next retirement fund chaser will have a much easer time of it thanks to super benny. I still do think there's a good chance jose mo'll be back into town to save the day under his own terms.

Unread 03-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
Chelsea deserve Benitez
This. Joke manager for a joke team.

Unread 03-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Banbury RED

Quote:
Chelsea deserve Benitez
Well said

Unread 03-02-2013, 11:39 AM
hopkins

fat £#%&!ing clown thinks he'll still be there next season

Quote:
Chelsea players are convinced Rafa Benitez is fighting a losing battle to stay on as manager.

And that is despite training ground warnings from interim boss Benitez that he will still be at Chelsea next season.

Sunday Mirror Sport understands Benitez has tried to motivate players by telling them performances cannot drop because he is going nowhere.

But the claims have been shrugged off as a “desperate” move by Benitez to try to ensure his and Chelsea’s *season does not collapse.

Benitez is only contracted to the club until the end of the season, but the Spaniard last week made his first play for the full-time job by saying “it is a great opportunity.”

And he has gone a step further on the training ground, much to the *bemusement of some members of
his squad.

The tactic is unlikely to do much good because the common belief is owner Roman Abramovich will replace Benitez in the summer.

A Stamford Bridge source said: “Rafa has said to some of the players that he will still be at Chelsea next season and asked if they will be here with him.

“It seems a bit desperate, though. It’s as if Rafa feels the need to try to convince the players he might get the full-time job.

“Most of the players will be pretty confident they will be at the club longer than Rafa, no matter what happens this season.

“There is not a bad feeling among the players towards Rafa, just a *feeling of the inevitable. Everything is very temporary. What is the point of a player trying to change how they play or do something differently when they don’t think Rafa will be here next season?

“The players are like anyone else. Of course they are professional and try their best, but they talk about who the next manager might be and what might happen.”

Benitez saw Chelsea fail to make it past Swansea to the Capital One Cup Final and only a late goal from Fernando Torres rescued an FA Cup draw with lowly Brentford.

The Blues also surrendered a two-goal midweek lead against relegation-threatened Reading to draw 2-2 and were beaten by Newcastle.

Having failed with his plea to Abramovich to sign two more players before the transfer window shut, *Benitez knows he must now get the best out of his current squad for the remainder of the season. Other than signing striker Demba Ba from *Newcastle, it is thought Chelsea were reluctant to spend more money on players and risk a new manager not wanting them.

Even a third-placed Premier League finish is unlikely to be enough for Benitez to be given the permanent post, with Chelsea’s fans against him and players convinced he’ll be *replaced.

Benitez was last week assured by Chelsea technical director Michael Emenalo there are no plans to replace him before the end of the *season while the club are on course for a top-four finish.

But, despite his bravado with some of the players, Benitez is not believed to have discussed his long-term *future with Chelsea.

Benitez will face competition from Jose Mourinho, Jurgen Klopp, David Moyes, Michael Laudrup and Diego Simeone for the full-time Chelsea job.

But he could be offered an escape route by Real Madrid.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...doomed-1570639

Unread 03-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro

inappropriate usage

Unread 03-02-2013, 01:46 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
fat £#%&!ing clown thinks he'll still be there next season

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...doomed-1570639
Quote:
“Most of the players will be pretty confident they will be at the club longer than Rafa, no matter what happens this season.
there's chelsea's problem in a nutshell, regardless of benitez.

Unread 03-02-2013, 08:30 PM
red in cumbria

£#%&! him, and them

Unread 03-02-2013, 09:23 PM
utd99

I hope he does get the job.

Unread 03-02-2013, 09:24 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Chelsea deserve Benitez
And vice versa

Unread 03-02-2013, 11:24 PM
red red robbo

Don't remember an interim manager getting the sack before

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:06 AM
crossfirehurricane

In all of Chelsea's (and fat Rafa's) recent failings, it's Montse I feel most sorry for, God bless her.

Unread 20-02-2013, 12:34 AM
andyroo

Oh Jesus

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...madrid-chelsea

The verm are going to love this

Unread 20-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Jack Duckworth

"I arrived at Madrid when I was 13 years old and I'm from Madrid. But I don't want to get involved in this speculation because my words aren't always interpreted."

i don't want to get involved in this speculation, even though i have just started it

fat, wheezing £#%&!.

Unread 20-02-2013, 12:45 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
"I arrived at Madrid when I was 13 years old and I'm from Madrid. But I don't want to get involved in this speculation because my words aren't always interpreted."

i don't want to get involved in this speculation, even though i have just started it

fat, wheezing £#%&!.
And while I'm at it, I wouldn't mind being Spain's manager

Unread 20-02-2013, 12:46 AM
MJ Ramone

Who the £#%&! does he think he is??

Touting himself for the Real Madrid job and the Spanish national job ..off the back of being out of Football for 3 years & whilst in the middle of a fairly unspectacular spell at Chelsea.
It's no wonder the Chelsea fans hate him. What a £#%&!ing tit.

Unread 20-02-2013, 12:48 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
And while I'm at it, I wouldn't mind being Spain's manager

Quote:
I have a good relationship with Vicente," Benítez said of the Spain manager, whose contract expires next summer. "But I can't rule out one day becoming national coach when Vicente leaves. It's something I will look at in the future, although for this I have to continue in elite football and keep doing things well."
Start doing things well more like, you remedial fat £#%&!.

Unread 20-02-2013, 12:51 AM
andyroo

And while we're at it

Quote:
and we are the team which has played the most games in all of Europe.
Yeah well I remember 2008-2009 when a certain other team that had to play that many times, and all you did was bitch and snivel about how it gave us an unfair advantage somehow
Closed Thread