United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-09-2016, 08:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Didn't take Dunk long to roll out the 'one bad seaosn at Chelsea' card

No, mate. I'm talking about his general reputation as a manager. The same reputation that you don't like him for.
So last season is just completely stricken from the record?

Unread 16-09-2016, 08:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
goes down as a practice exercise for the herrera/schneid/pogba midfield, practice for smalling and bailly together and experience for rashford of being kicked by cloggers with no protection at all - vital for any united striker to get used to...

the performance and result could basically be lifted out and placed into virtually any united european campaign in our history without looking out of place.
Yeah, I'm not that fussed about the performance in terms of execution. Lots of players lacking minutes and let's be honest it was a dead game to play in really. Us being set up so cautiously for a match we really could have let the kids up top loose in was more disappointing.

Unread 16-09-2016, 08:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So last season is just completely stricken from the record?
Well we've done it for van Gaal so no reason why we can't do it for our current manager. Unless you've got an agenda you just won't let go of.

Unread 16-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Well we've done it for van Gaal so no reason why we can't do it for our current manager. Unless you've got an agenda you just won't let go of.
Can't see that happening on here tbf.

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:04 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Can't see that happening on here tbf.
Don't know what you mean pal

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

But of course.
To be fair Siders, you made every excuse under the sun for LvG, to the point where it was scouse levels of "A loss can actually be a win"
It's a bit early to be wheeling out the green smileys on this one.

Speaking of LvG, £#%&! me he left us with some amount of dross. Darmian, Rojo, Depay.....Grim!

Having said that, I've no idea what Mourinho was trying to do last night, the way he set us up

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:08 AM
believe

Can I add Memphis to my list?

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Can I add Memphis to my list?
Of shit@#%&!s? Absolutely.

I encourage it

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:13 AM
dunk

Quote:
Who has? When? Where?

No agenda. Just pulling up a factually inaccurate statement.

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Jethro

So this is LVG's fault? Ok

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
So this is LVG's fault? Ok
Not entirely, Fergie, and Charlton are taking some of the blame in other threads. The way they're controlling who Mourinho buys, and sells, how he coaches the team, and then forces him to set up is quite the scandal.

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:31 AM
believe

But difficult to blame Mourinho's team selection for a competition we apparently want to get out of. He's basically ffw

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:41 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
Not entirely, Fergie, and Charlton are taking some of the blame in other threads. The way they're controlling who Mourinho buys, and sells, how he coaches the team, and then forces him to set up is quite the scandal.
Quote:
But difficult to blame Mourinho's team selection for a competition we apparently want to get out of. He's basically ffw

This, basically Charlton fancies a trip for the final but Jose doesnt, they are bumping heads about how to set up with Fergie dropping snide a and Van gaal sending snidely Gifs....

The players are fine....

We'll be OK when Pogba gets his debut

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:45 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

His tactics are prehistoric now, football has changed and continues to change all the time.

Right now all the best teams and the best coaches play a high pressing style. It will change again at some point but at this moment those tactics rule.

Mourinho is capable of adapting because he's done it before, to some extent he changed the tactical landscape himself when he came on the scene but he is stuck in an outdated rut as it stands.

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC23 Henchasaurus
His tactics are prehistoric now, football has changed and continues to change all the time.

Right now all the best teams and the best coaches play a high pressing style. It will change again at some point but at this moment those tactics rule.

Mourinho is capable of adapting because he's done it before, to some extent he changed the tactical landscape himself when he came on the scene but he is stuck in an outdated rut as it stands.
Thought that was Van Gaal ?

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:47 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
To be fair Siders, you made every excuse under the sun for LvG, to the point where it was scouse levels of "A loss can actually be a win"
It's a bit early to be wheeling out the green smileys on this one.

Speaking of LvG, £#%&! me he left us with some amount of dross. Darmian, Rojo, Depay.....Grim!

Having said that, I've no idea what Mourinho was trying to do last night, the way he set us up
The fact that people feel the need to bring LvG up to excuse garbage like last night shows how disproportionate the blame on him became tbh. I often simply made the point that the players could take some responsibility. It was unhealthy to always blame the manager.

And I insisted that we didn't set up last season negatively. We did last night.

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:51 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Thought that was Van Gaal ?
Can't see much difference tbh. At least with Van Gaal we kept the ball but in either case we sit/sat deep and allow the opposition to walk it out of their own box.

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The fact that people feel the need to bring LvG up to excuse garbage like last night shows how disproportionate the blame on him became tbh. I often simply made the point that the players could take some responsibility. It was unhealthy to always blame the manager.

And I insisted that we didn't set up last season negatively. We did last night.
Well then, why is it the manager's fault now and not the players' like Darmian, Schneiderlin, Depay, Rojo etc?

I've no idea why we were set up like that last night, it was bollix. Both teams were utter bollix but, to take your point about last season....We didn't need to set up negatively last season because teams were happy to allow us have the ball as they knew we'd do £#%&! all with it

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Well then, why is it the manager's fault now and not the players' like Darmian, Schneiderlin, Depay, Rojo etc?

I've no idea why we were set up like that last night, it was bollix. Both teams were utter bollix but, to take your point about last season....We didn't need to set up negatively last season because teams were happy to allow us have the ball as they knew we'd do £#%&! all with it
No, still the players. There was a fanciful idea Mourinho would stroll in and sort all the shit@#%&!s out because it was all LvG's fault...

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:54 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I've been slagging the players. And I didn't excuse van Gaal for performances ever.

I said United were not set up negatively last season. Yesterday was a better example of what that looks like. Defence dropping deep and clearly given restrictions on bringing the ball out, and standing off the opposition with no real pressing intensity.

It's kinda the whole point of why I defended LvG. You can't paint it as an inconsistency