United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
got another name-check from the boss today. defo staying...
Contrary to the silly notion that José is clearing out 8 or 9 players, he's clearly assessing his options and no major players are leaving

Unread 26-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Contrary to the silly notion that José is clearing out 8 or 9 players, he's clearly assessing his options and no major players are leaving
It's almost like last summer's approach of shifting anyone out the door in the last days of the transfer window without replacing them isn't the best way to compile a squad for the rest of the season

Unread 26-08-2016, 05:43 PM
S/Side.Red

I'd be surprised if nobody else was available. It's not easy to shift them if they've got nice contracts though. See Basti the public example.

By my count we have 22 senior outfield players not including Schweini, Mensah and Keane. Usually too many for Mou.

Unread 26-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
It's almost like last summer's approach of shifting anyone out the door in the last days of the transfer window without replacing them isn't the best way to compile a squad for the rest of the season
Which gormless tit on here was saying that three or four of our starting line up against Southampton would be sold by the end of the window?

Unread 26-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'd be surprised if nobody else was available. It's not easy to shift them if they've got nice contracts though. See Basti the public example.

By my count we have 22 senior outfield players not including Schweini, Mensah and Keane. Usually too many for Mou.
There seems to be a bit of confusion as although he said he traditionally likes to work with 20 + 3 keepers, because of Europa 23 + 3 is what he is aiming for. I agree it's 22 so far but I expect at least one of TFM and Tuanz to be training with first team squad.

Unread 26-08-2016, 06:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
There seems to be a bit of confusion as although he said he traditionally likes to work with 20 + 3 keepers, because of Europa 23 + 3 is what he is aiming for. I agree it's 22 so far but I expect at least one of TFM and Tuanz to be training with first team squad.
Suspect that could be adapted because he's been unable to shift players. Based on the Community Shield he sees Rashford as a possible option off the left. If that's still the case then surely Memphis or Young are dispensable, for example.

I suppose the Europa could be seen as different to competing in the CL, as we're more likely to go full second string on occasion in the Europa. Perhaps as he said today, drawing Feyenoord and Fenerbahce also gives good runouts to keep some happy a bit longer.

The home game against Fener three days after Liverpool and three days before Chelsea will likely contain no key players, for example.

Unread 26-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Suspect that could be adapted because he's been unable to shift players. Based on the Community Shield he sees Rashford as a possible option off the left. If that's still the case then surely Memphis or Young are dispensable, for example.

I suppose the Europa could be seen as different to competing in the CL, as we're more likely to go full second string on occasion in the Europa. Perhaps as he said today, drawing Feyenoord and Fenerbahce also gives good runouts to keep some happy a bit longer.

The home game against Fener three days after Liverpool and three days before Chelsea will likely contain no key players, for example.

Agreed, its a great opportunity to keep the squad players fresh/fit if anything happens to what will likely be a fairly consistent starting 11 whilst at the same time giving the likes of Zlat and Pog plenty of rest between league games.

Unread 26-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Will go for next to nothing given his wages.
Has been a shocking signing tbf. £16m plus Nani for a season, it's like van Gaal was taking the piss with most of his signings.

Wasn't his first choice Vermaelen?

Unread 26-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

clearly stated he sees him as 2nd choice 9 behind zlatan. anything else will be a token run-out or a kitchen sink job - unless his hand is forced. i've pretty much covered this shit tbh

Unread 26-08-2016, 06:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
clearly stated he sees him as 2nd choice 9 behind zlatan. anything else will be a token run-out or a kitchen sink job - unless his hand is forced. i've pretty much covered this shit tbh
I didn't meant he sees it as his main position, but if Martial is rested/dropped/subbed it could be that Rashford has a shout on that side ahead of Memphis and/or Young. If that's the case then surely one of the latter is surplus.

Wasn't Lingard tested on the left in pre-season, too?

Basically I reckon Memph is £#%&!ed

Unread 26-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Buck

Quote:
I didn't meant he sees it as his main position, but if Martial is rested/dropped/subbed it could be that Rashford has a shout on that side ahead of Memphis and/or Young. If that's the case then surely one of the latter is surplus.

Wasn't Lingard tested on the left in pre-season, too?

Basically I reckon Memph is £#%&!ed
On one hand I can understand if he were sold - Mourinho has binned more talented forwards than Memphis in the past.

On the other hand, the top clubs in Europe were after him. He was given the 7 shirt. Lots of hype even from LvG himself who said he was one of the best players of his age.

Maybe it was too much too soon for a guy who clearly likes the limelight and had his thunder stolen by Martial, Lingard and Rashford but there is quality in him to persevere with. He's a £25m investment. One year is too soon to judge.

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:15 AM
Clarkie

Just an awful player. How is he still here and CBJ out on loan?

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:16 AM
TheFatGoth

Knew we should have played Buttner

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:44 AM
S/Side.Red

Hate the likes of squawka Dave.

We all know he didn't have a good game. Silly stats mean nothing. For example one of those crosses I remember first half was a good ball in that nobody managed to get to. You don't need stats to assess a players performance. Use your eyes.

Agree about CBJ. Is he playing for Wolves?

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:46 AM
Bunker Buster

Thumbs down

Quote:
Hate the likes of squawka Dave.

We all know he didn't have a good game. Silly stats mean nothing. For example one of those crosses I remember first half was a good ball in that nobody managed to get to. You don't need stats to assess a players performance. Use your eyes.

Agree about CBJ. Is he playing for Wolves?
Well well well......

You don't need stats.....use your eyes..

It's ok for Rojo but not others....

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:50 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Rojo, Jones, Sweiny etc are like the dossers that hang around Piccadilly station. They just won't £#%&! off, no matter how many times they get told to leave they just walk round the concourse and go back to the bench they were moved off.

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:52 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Well well well......

You don't need stats.....use your eyes..

It's ok for Rojo but not others....
Sorry?

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Sorry?
So Rooney is scoring and setting up winners, leading from the front and putting a shift in week in week out as our captain but you and others being up stats and video reels...

Hypocrisy

Unread 16-09-2016, 09:58 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
So Rooney is scoring and setting up winners, leading from the front and putting a shift in week in week out as our captain but you and others being up stats and video reels...

Hypocrisy
Have I ever dropped a Rooney stat? Other than maybe saying he doesn't score many goals?

Video reels? Don't recall.

Very little squawka in my game.

Unread 16-09-2016, 10:01 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Have I ever dropped a Rooney stat? Other than maybe saying he doesn't score many goals?

Video reels? Don't recall.

Very little squawka in my game.
You and others.....

It's cool.
Closed Thread