United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
one of my mates is a scout for liverpool's academy. i don't know what qualifications they're looking for from their scouts, but he didn't even like football until he was about 30 and his son started playing it
Looking at their transfer policy this is entirely unsurprising.

Unread 09-09-2016, 02:30 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Scouts will be all over him this year.

We should have played Stoke at their academy last week but we could only get 8 players
He's spent a few terms at a few academies. He enjoys it and it's a different experience but he loves his Sunday team. I've mentionedd before that he's got aspergers and some anxiety disorders as well as epilepsy and his Sunday team and his mates that play for it are a rock in his life. Villa told him he couldn't play for his Sunday team if he wanted to stay with their academy so he told them no. I've said before on this thread...if he's good enough his time will come. Right now he just loves to play (and score! They lost a friendly this summer 6 -3. He wasnt arsed one bit as he scored the 3 ).

Unread 09-09-2016, 02:36 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He's spent a few terms at a few academies. He enjoys it and it's a different experience but he loves his Sunday team. I've mentionedd before that he's got aspergers and some anxiety disorders as well as epilepsy and his Sunday team and his mates that play for it are a rock in his life. Villa told him he couldn't play for his Sunday team if he wanted to stay with their academy so he told them no. I've said before on this thread...if he's good enough his time will come. Right now he just loves to play (and score! They lost a friendly this summer 6 -3. He wasnt arsed one bit as he scored the 3 ).
Sounds like a top lad, when he signs for Utd in a few years i want a signed shirt and some VIP tickets

Unread 09-09-2016, 05:04 PM
puressence

All 3 of playing for middy lads at different levels ffs and I've somehow managed to become the manager of my oldests under11 team we play in north bury league. Never stop

Unread 09-09-2016, 05:05 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
All 3 of playing for middy lads at different levels ffs and I've somehow managed to become the manager of my oldests under11 team we play in north bury league. Never stop
I'm on my 8th year now, its gets harder pal trust me

Unread 09-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I'm on my 8th year now, its gets harder pal trust me
To read this thread ? Yes, yes it does.....

Unread 11-09-2016, 04:49 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
To read this thread ? Yes, yes it does.....

Junior got the equaliser in a 1-1 this morning. Sweet left-foot volley. Two left-footed finishes in as many games. He could barely kick with it 3 months ago.

Unread 11-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Child of Darkness

Twin 1 ... Debut today came on after 20 mins to shore up the midfield . Did really well ,so pleased for him . He changed the game really as they were being bullied before and he added a bit of steel to the team .

Won nearly all his tackles and set up 2 or 3 chances including the goal that won it .

I Kicked every £#%&!ing ball (as they say) -

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:30 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

We got leathered 6-1

Our worst ever defeat, mainly down to our team having no pre season.
Scholes jnr said he was feeling ill but played anyway, he's now in hospital with suspected appendicitis

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:34 AM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

Middy lads and girls club? U13? We will be meeting at some point this season if so Ill buy you a brew. x

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:38 AM
shenwen

Are there any dads on here whose kids aren't mini Maradonas?

Unread 12-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Mine. He's just not bad. He's 6 and a half. He doesn't play games yet but the club he trains with are really competitive and stream the best players into 'academy' teams really early. There are a few really gifted 6 yr olds who are his mates and have just been moved into the under 8 academy which has links with Spurs, Arsenal etc. So competitive at such an early stage.

Unread 12-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
We got leathered 6-1

Our worst ever defeat, mainly down to our team having no pre season.
First Pogba now SSG lads....

So important at all levels to get a pre season...

Unread 12-09-2016, 09:57 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Quote:
Yeah mine. Loves football and loves United but he's a big clumsy @#%&! so I sent him to our local rugby club where he took to it like a duck to water.

I always thought any kids I had would be great at football, I was good, but it ain't to be I'm afraid.

Was a blow for a short period but such is life.

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:01 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
First Pogba now SSG lads....

So important at all levels to get a pre season...
It is pal. We were all over the show, like watching 11 Rooneys

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
It is pal. We were all over the show, like watching 11 Rooneys

Hope they fold after relegation.

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:19 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Quote:

Hope they fold after relegation.
Me too pal

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:53 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw

Mine. He's just not bad. He's 6 and a half. He doesn't play games yet but the club he trains with are really competitive and stream the best players into 'academy' teams really early. There are a few really gifted 6 yr olds who are his mates and have just been moved into the under 8 academy which has links with Spurs, Arsenal etc. So competitive at such an early stage.
My eldest too tbh. Was looking for support. He plays in the premier team (as opposed to the championship team) but isn't one of the stars. Think he gets picked more because he is smart, listens to the coach and is good at organising, rather than being exceptional. Much, much better than I was at that age though. In fact he is close to being better than I am now

All this talk of academies. It's scary. Not healthy imo. Keep it fun. Sounds like these academies are bringing in more intake than they used to, which means more kids will get an early taste of rejection.

As an aside, I have a friend of a friend who was talking about his son. Same age as my oldest (8). Isn't into football apparently (he is though HK tennis champ for his age group ). Played football once, scored seven goals but found it boring oublerolleyes:

Unread 12-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Al Jnrs team lost 5-2 yesterday. He had a very good first half but the rest of team gave up at half time cos they were losing.

He ain't a mini-Maradona. He's a defender, so he's more a little Baresi.

Unread 12-09-2016, 11:09 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
He plays in the premier team (as opposed to the championship team) but isn't one of the stars. Think he gets picked more because he is smart, listens to the coach and is good at organising
Sounds like a star to me tbh. Exceptional qualities in their own right. Gary Neville had a far bettter career than Raphael Burke.
Closed Thread