United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 11-09-2016, 10:39 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
ok looking at it again i'm wrong - when bailly goes blind does drop, so that part is perfectly executed. he just didn't react to the bouncing ball.
Didn't drop far enough, youre supposed to give yourself the advantage over the on rushing attacker.

Unread 11-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Bunker Buster

https://instagram.com/p/BKOetbYAqc_/

Fair enough.....

I wouldn't throw him under a bus just yet....

Unread 11-09-2016, 10:52 PM
armchair

it was a very un-blind like mistake. it wasn't something happened because he was too slow or too small.

Unread 11-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Ethers

If he'd dropped much deeper he'd have been in the £#%&!ing box.

Was just one of those things, the knock down fell in the perfect spot for KDB, and his touch to nick it past was inch-perfect.

Unread 11-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
it was a very un-blind like mistake. it wasn't something happened because he was too slow or too small.
The first...humph...it was a calamity of errors from rooneys ball, miki not even bothering to press, second ball and man marking...a lot of flat footed lads..
Gotta give KBD some props for his touch past him..
The second was a freak goal with him playing a man on not even in his vision or zonal....

Not long after he out muscles someone with ease and laid it off to bailly....

Dead on his feet though at the end, cheers interbational break..

Unread 11-09-2016, 11:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Didn't drop far enough, youre supposed to give yourself the advantage over the on rushing attacker.
nah, he's got 10yds. there's a chance it's a fk to united for high feet, especially if blind drops a yard or 2 less. pogba stops and doesn't even know de bruyne is running behind him. it's also a mistake by bailly because he has no chance at all of winning the high ball and takes himself out of the game...

Unread 11-09-2016, 11:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Actually, it is an interesting thing to be reminded of - especially for the "they will get over 100 points" brigade.

Unread 12-09-2016, 01:31 AM
Part 36 Offer

Still fuming that Rashford didn't start. Bizarre decision.

Unread 12-09-2016, 01:45 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
If he'd dropped much deeper he'd have been in the £#%&!ing box.

Was just one of those things, the knock down fell in the perfect spot for KDB, and his touch to nick it past was inch-perfect.
im talking a yard more than he did ffs. It wasn't just one of those things, Rio would have mopped it up for fun even if that comparison is unfair.

Unread 12-09-2016, 02:09 AM
jem

there were a few players who were at fault for that goal and it was still lucky for city. blind was just the unlucky one to be exposed. it was obvious that iheanacho was going to win the header and that there was only one thing he could do with it. bailly and pogba should both have done better (one was rashly overenthusiastic, one sadly underenthusiastic). we kept losing the ball cheaply as well. but it still comes down to the hole in midfield.

Unread 12-09-2016, 02:49 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He did the same thing later in the game. Jumped in and his timing was off. The ball went through to the City player who was offside.

He is a decent fill in at CB and a very good player to have. But he isn't and won;t ever be a world class CB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
im talking a yard more than he did ffs. It wasn't just one of those things, Rio would have mopped it up for fun even if that comparison is unfair.
I think that's a good point. Blind hasn't the pace to make up for his mistakes. If Shaw is out I would like to see him at LB for a while. Much better than Rojo.

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:19 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Nobody has the pace to turn and catch a player like De Bruyne ffs. Yeah maybe from a standing start if he's just gone past you but if people are suggesting that it would have been possible for any player to turn and catch him in the situation Blind found himself then that's ridiculous.

Not joining the City £#%&!athon, watch Neville tonight on MNF give it the "best I've seen for years" shite.

We managed to make them look better than Sunderland Stoke or @#%&!ing West Ham with 10 players missing managed.

Dreadful, dreadful tactics from our manager and that's a sentence I didn't expect to type about a man I consider to be tactically the best coach on the planet.

No question about it though Pep is in his head. I knew we were £#%&!ed when he changed a team with a 100% record. Pep made £#%&! all plans for us, he just trusted his team to go out and play and that's what Mourinho should have done.

That show of deference gave them a boost and put doubt in our players heads. I just find it very frustrating, they'd looked dodgy as £#%&! in periods of every game and we should have been by far their best opponents, just £#%&!ing go out and beat them.

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:36 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC23 Henchasaurus
Nobody has the pace to turn and catch a player like De Bruyne ffs. Yeah maybe from a standing start if he's just gone past you but if people are suggesting that it would have been possible for any player to turn and catch him in the situation Blind found himself then that's ridiculous.

Not suggesting that. Just that in general he lacks pace. And while he can look ok at CB, he still struggles sometimes with the positioning.

Not blaming him. Just not his natural position. Still a very good player to have in the team/squad.

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:47 AM
redhegemony

Mourinho bottled the decision that he eventually made at half time. He could at 25-30 mins brought off Lingard for Hererra.

Eddie Jones in the Australia v England test brought off Burrell who was struggling after 30 mins. Changed the game. That's what the best coaches do.

His excuse about the impact on the players was %@#$&!s and in any event that's his job to manage.

So far his 2 big tests: this decision and picking Rooney he has failed at. Let's hope he ups his game.

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:27 AM
BobJones

Blind should be anticipating that the flick is coming, he either needs to drop off or attack the ball. He just stood there like a scared little puppy.

Nice hair though.

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:34 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC23 Henchasaurus

Not joining the City £#%&!athon, watch Neville tonight on MNF give it the "best I've seen for years" shite.

We managed to make them look better than Sunderland Stoke or c***ing West Ham with 10 players missing managed.

Dreadful, dreadful tactics from our manager and that's a sentence I didn't expect to type about a man I consider to be tactically the best coach on the planet.

No question about it though Pep is in his head. I knew we were £#%&!ed when he changed a team with a 100% record. Pep made £#%&! all plans for us, he just trusted his team to go out and play and that's what Mourinho should have done.

That show of deference gave them a boost and put doubt in our players heads. I just find it very frustrating, they'd looked dodgy as £#%&! in periods of every game and we should have been by far their best opponents, just £#%&!ing go out and beat them.

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:40 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Not his biggest fan, while he was at fault for both goals he's started the season well.

The team had a shit 30 minutes. Defensively we were alright, the rest very poor.

It's done, learn from it and move on.

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:51 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Mourinho bottled the decision that he eventually made at half time. He could at 25-30 mins brought off Lingard for Hererra.

Eddie Jones in the Australia v England test brought off Burrell who was struggling after 30 mins. Changed the game. That's what the best coaches do.

His excuse about the impact on the players was %@#$&!s and in any event that's his job to manage.

So far his 2 big tests: this decision and picking Rooney he has failed at. Let's hope he ups his game.
Who the £#%&!ing hell is Eddie Jones when he's at home?

Jose's mistakes are playing Fellaini and Rooney, both of whom seem unable to control a football. Meanwhile the best defensive midfielder at the club is sat in the reserves.

Very disappointing. Still, at least I don't have to see any city fans today so every cloud...

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:58 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Jose's mistakes are playing Fellaini and Rooney, both of whom seem unable to control a football. Meanwhile the best defensive midfielder at the club is sat in the reserves.

Very disappointing. Still, at least I don't have to see any city fans today so every cloud...
England's Rugby coach just won a series in Australia 3-0. What he showed was how the very best coaches react to difficult situations. He made a tough call 30 minutes in and won the game -Mourinho sat on his hands and we lost the game giving away a crucial second goal.

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:58 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

His biggest mistake was playing Rooney centrally (or at all), he couldn't handle it. Much better when he moved out wide and put Herrera to match them in midfield.

Still early days in the season.