United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2013, 11:34 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
exactly right, that's what united tax is all about - compensation for the selling club

they have to be absolutely exceptional for united to step in earlier

barkley is looking like a player right now - this season - tbf but to interpret/portray that as Moyes not reading the situation correctly previously is laughable - and disrespectful and bitter
Spot on.

We can only look at what is happening with Januzaj right now, Moyes is managing him spot on.

He was over protective of Barkley, but he played a fair bit last season at various levels, and started to look like the player had overcome his bad injury.

Unread 23-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnauss
Yeah, either that or just being honest.

For me Barkley has enough talent not to have needed shipping out on loan in the first place.
i didn't say he wasn't being honest, or that he doesn't believe what he is saying. i said he was being bitter and disrespectful, and that his interpretation is laughable

you seem to have a pretty limited understanding of the loan system if you think talent is the key factor in why players are loaned out

Unread 23-12-2013, 05:55 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Dakotafred not been on yet berating Moyes for not bringing Barkley with him?

After all he is Moyes's personal property and he should have just brought him along

Unread 23-12-2013, 10:38 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

It's laughable that no one believes moyes should have brought a lad whose talent he should of known about. Not ready yet is correct, so buy now and loan back or whatever.

You think rene wouldn't have tried to get adnan ? If you know how good they are you should step in or use your personal influence to smooth a deal.

He brought an entire backroom staff who were not ready so he could have at least brought the most exiting young player in his old teams ranks .

Unread 23-12-2013, 10:39 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC23 Henchasaurus
Dakotafred not been on yet berating Moyes for not bringing Barkley with him?

After all he is Moyes's personal property and he should have just brought him along
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
It's laughable that no one believes moyes should have brought a lad whose talent he should of known about. Not ready yet is correct, so buy now and loan back or whatever.

You think rene wouldn't have tried to get adnan ? If you know how good they are you should step in or use your personal influence to smooth a deal.

He brought an entire backroom staff who were not ready so he could have at least brought the most exiting young player in his old teams ranks .

Unread 23-12-2013, 10:43 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Quote:

Yep should have just told him to pack his stuff whether he or kenwright liked it.

Why should Everton have any say in the matter?

Unread 23-12-2013, 10:54 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Yep should have just told him to pack his stuff whether he or kenwright liked it.

Why should Everton have any say in the matter?
Do you have an iPod playing informing you of when to inhale and exhale?

It's a negotiation , he didn't try. He made us and him look like a set of numpties with a 3 month courtship of fellani and baines however.

It's just another example of how wrong he is for us at the moment. Sheltered too long at the same club needed to spread his wings.

Whoever gets him next (or us in 3 years if still in post) will have a decent manager .

Unread 23-12-2013, 11:00 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Quote:

It's a negotiation , he didn't try. He made us and him look like a set of numpties with a 3 month courtship of fellani and baines however.

It's just another example of how wrong he is for us at the moment. Sheltered too long at the same club needed to spread his wings.

Whoever gets him next (or us in 3 years if still in post) will have a decent manager .
You have absolutely no idea whether he tried or not. You don't know that Kenwright didn't say right from the start "forget Barkley" you don't know that Martinez didn't say "if you sell Barkley I won't take the job"

You don't know that Barkley himself didn't say "I want to stay here and improve for a couple of seasons"

But still you you keep bizarrely harping on about Moyes not forcing him to come to us.

Personally I blame Moyes for not bringing Messi and Ronaldo with him

Unread 23-12-2013, 11:09 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
You have absolutely no idea whether he tried or not. You don't know that Kenwright didn't say right from the start "forget Barkley" you don't know that Martinez didn't say "if you sell Barkley I won't take the job"

You don't know that Barkley himself didn't say "I want to stay here and improve for a couple of seasons"

But still you you keep bizarrely harping on about Moyes not forcing him to come to us.

Personally I blame Moyes for not bringing Messi and Ronaldo with him
I would be surprised if this was the single transfer attempt over the summer which moyes managed professionally and under the radar you are correct.

If he tried and failed then fair enough can't blame him .

Think it's far more likely he got giddy ignored Barkley and proceeded to look like a transfer clown with Woodward the dancing dog companion.

Where have I said force? I wanted him to try (it's a rare player says no to united from a smaller club) .

Unread 23-12-2013, 11:19 AM
dragflick

Quote:
I would be surprised if this was the single transfer attempt over the summer which moyes managed professionally and under the radar you are correct.

Think it's far more likely he got giddy ignored Barkley and proceeded to look like a transfer clown with Woodward the dancing dog companion.

Where have I said force? I wanted him to try (it's a rare player says no to united from a smaller club) .
You're a £#%&!ing idiot pal.

Unread 23-12-2013, 12:08 PM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Quote:

It's the fact you keep going on as though Moyes should have known something nobody else knew. Every manager in the country has known for a couple of seasons now that the lad was going to be top top class.

Pundits have been declaring him a world beater for 3 seasons now. Moyes had no advantage, Everton know his worth and the kids also an Evertonian.

Unread 23-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

speak for yourself, but don't blame moyes ffs

Unread 23-12-2013, 12:56 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Default Ross Barkley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
speak for yourself, but don't blame moyes ffs
Throb are you saying objectively (whatever the rights and wrongs) that the summer transfer dealings with Everton didn't make us look like nump ties?

It's such a polarising subject . You guys are so black and white, why can't people just look at a situation and give an appraisal .

The us in question was united btw not me personally .

Unread 23-12-2013, 03:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Barkley broke his leg in three places, think Moyes was being very protective of Barkley.

He played 26 games last season btw, 9 for Everton and the rest of loan.

Full pre-season has helped him. Great talent though.
Looked very good in the U20 World Cup before that in June, tbf.

That would also have prevented a full pre-season, I'd imagine.

Unread 23-12-2013, 03:17 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Looked very good in the U20 World Cup in June, tbf.

That would also have prevented a full pre-season, I'd imagine.
Probably better for him to get fitness back, tbf.

Unread 23-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

the new manager wanted fellaini and baines, and he ended up signing fellaini ;-}

what the media and fanzineland said and wrote about it all doesn't interest me

Unread 23-12-2013, 03:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Probably better for him to get fitness back, tbf.
And getting on the pitch, tbf.

Unread 23-12-2013, 03:30 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
And getting on the pitch, tbf.
Madness he played when not injured/on loan isn't it, tbf.

Unread 23-12-2013, 03:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Madness he played when not injured/on loan isn't it, tbf.
Was on the bench for seven of Everton's last ten league games of the season. Started two. Tbf.

Unread 23-12-2013, 11:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 goals 1 cup
Good goal from him yesterday but cant see him coming to us.
OK then, what was your previous username?
Closed Thread