United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-10-2013, 03:45 PM
BarryX

PS: Congrats on the book, original poster fella, it looks quality. I am going to put in on my letter to Santa next month

Unread 17-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Throw

Do you know Daniel Taylor?

Does he have much wit and gumption?

Unread 17-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Dueling Banjos

Anyone got a Kindle link?

Unread 17-10-2013, 04:08 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
...still couldn't spell Ferie correctly.
Tbh that was mikey red who spelt it wrong. ...

Unread 17-10-2013, 04:09 PM
ericseyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
Anyone got a Kindle link?
Here you go, and ta.

Unread 17-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Scabs

On the wish list for pay day.

Nice one.

Unread 17-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Grimson

Ordered the Kindle version, nice work.

Unread 17-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Definitely reading that.

Pedant's point, it says Sheringham didn't play in the top division til he was 26, but he scored at OT for Millwall when he was 23.

Unread 17-10-2013, 07:05 PM
ericseyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Definitely reading that.

Pedant's point, it says Sheringham didn't play in the top division til he was 26, but he scored at OT for Millwall when he was 23.
I know, an oversight one my part - the goals are here and very good. That Hughes, the brilliant £#%&!er.

Unread 17-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Ordered the Kindle version, nice work.
Ouch. The tone in that post....

Unread 17-10-2013, 07:32 PM
RedMenace

Good stuff, will probably buy it at some stage.

Unread 17-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Entered a competition to win this

Unread 17-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericseyebrows
I know, an oversight one my part - the goals are here and very good. That Hughes, the brilliant £#%&!er.

Manchester Utd v Millwall 1989-90 First Division - YouTube
Was at that game. Sharpey sliding on his knees when he scored. I tried it on the kitchen floor when I got home and hurt my knees.

Unread 17-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
An infinite amount of pures on an infinite amount of typewriters...
Jesus mate, why don't you go the whole hog and join the KKK - I'm offended on Townsend's behalf there :shakehead:

Unread 17-10-2013, 07:55 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
by, er, me.

With kind permission of Armchair, here's where I punt a book I've done on the treble season, The Promised Land, - Amazon link here. If anyone felt minded to investigate, or let others of the Red persuasion know, I'd obviously be suitably grateful.

Here's a link to a bit on The Guardian, about the European Cup final, and here's a link to a bit on Football 365, about Juventus away and Roy Keane.
Funny, I spoke to you a few months ago when I was working at Barnet as you wanted to interview Edgar Davids for the book.

The £#%&!er wasn't interested but I did ask him if he remembered the semi final well (with a grin on my face). He said 'yes of course' with a knowing, regretful look in his eyes.

Good luck with the book mate - sounds great.

Unread 17-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Mr Castro

Ordered it better be good or I want a refund.

Unread 17-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Throw

Flicking through my brothers copy the other day ( he loved it) and this made me giggle.

"Wes Brown was given his first start against Wimbledon - whose manager, Joe Kinnear, claimed to have enquired about him in the summer, United later confirming receipt of a fax headed 'Wostley Blouse'."

Unread 17-10-2013, 08:25 PM
taff

Thumbs up

Quote:
by, er, me.

With kind permission of Armchair, here's where I punt a book I've done on the treble season, The Promised Land, - Amazon link here. If anyone felt minded to investigate, or let others of the Red persuasion know, I'd obviously be suitably grateful.

Here's a link to a bit on The Guardian, about the European Cup final, and here's a link to a bit on Football 365, about Juventus away and Roy Keane.
this looks excellent from the extracts i've read, 'tis on the christmas list. good luck with it.

Unread 17-10-2013, 08:29 PM
red @rmy

Don't really read books.

Is it coming out on dvd?

Unread 17-10-2013, 08:41 PM
TC23 Henchasaurus

£#%&!s sake was in Waterstones for ages today trying to find a suitable sports type book to pass a couple of hrs on a plane this weekend.

I went in for Fergusons book not knowing it wasn't out yet and to no doubt universal disgust I ended up buying Harry Redknapps book cause it was half price and has had some decent reviews.

There's still time though, I might pick yours up from Smiths in the airport if it's there.
Closed Thread