United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 12-06-2007, 08:06 PM
captain scarlet

Default Train from Manchester to London

One would be extremely grateful if any of the mancs could advise me as to what train would travel from Manchester to London and the approximate travel time of the journey. Mrs Scarlet and I are going over to your lovely city at the end of the month for a few days of death by shopping before going on to London for more of the same.

O the joy.........

Thanks in advance anyway.

Unread 12-06-2007, 08:07 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
One would be extremely grateful if any of the mancs could advise me as to what train would travel from Manchester to London and the approximate travel time of the journey. Mrs Scarlet and I are going over to your lovely city at the end of the month for a few days of death by shopping before going on to London for more of the same.

O the joy.........

you could at least have worked it into the football season. I despair.

Unread 12-06-2007, 08:10 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet

O the joy.........

be wary some trains have limited travel times and buy well in advance to get decent price.

Unread 12-06-2007, 08:20 PM
wee man

Here you go Captain

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/index.html

Unread 12-06-2007, 08:22 PM
wiganste

www.thetrainline.com

It will work out cheaper if you booked singles rather than returns.

Unread 12-06-2007, 08:31 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
you could at least have worked it into the football season. I despair.
I know.. I know.........

The missus has had a rough 'oul year- suspected heart problems amongst other things (now kinda sorta resolved) and I gave her free rein with our annual break. Close to home shop to you drop she says. I am now reaping the results. Trafford Centre and Oxford Street here I come.

Unread 12-06-2007, 08:35 PM
captain scarlet

Thanks guys-thats what I need.

Unread 12-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Wafty Crank

If you use thetrainline I'd advise you to break your journey (places like Stoke, Stafford, Rugby, try as many as you can), ie Manchester to Stafford, Stafford to London etc, this can yield lower prices.

It is only a break in ticketing, you simply stay on the same train but are making two journeys in one. Perverse, but usually cheaper.

Unread 12-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Smurf

If you book your exact train times in advance, you'll get it far cheaper.

For example, if you book a couple of seats on the 18.04 train on the 14th, rather than just geting a monthly return itll save you a fortune. Its a virgin route so try the virgin website

Unread 12-06-2007, 09:16 PM
denis lawless

[YOUTUBE]3v6MBHpzZg8[/YOUTUBE]
Closed Thread