United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Should Greenwood be allowed to play for us again?
Yes 41 33.33%
No 82 66.67%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2023, 08:07 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
May have been more than one and all withdrew? Victim and the friend that released it..
It’s possible I agree. Admittedly I might have jumped to a conclusion of it just being the girlfriend and if there were other corroborating accounts from different people then it’s definitely a more robust case.

Unread 05-02-2023, 08:28 PM
dunk

I doubt they’d take a her word against his to court tbh.

Unread 05-02-2023, 10:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Why is Harry Maguire partying at a local nightclub in Greece?
leaving aside the legal %@#$&!s on this thread (from to ), I only wish the club had taken the same approach to maguire.

the only way greenwood looks innocent is if it turns out the footage came from stockley park.

Unread 05-02-2023, 10:12 PM
The Butcher

Sell.

Unread 05-02-2023, 10:57 PM
Hedghog

Not sure anyone in Europe would buy. He'd be a PR nightmare.

And at £75k per week, teams outside of Europe probably wouldn't be able to afford his wages during a loan.

I think we'll end up paying him till the end of his contract and then letting him walk on a free.

Unread 05-02-2023, 11:00 PM
Sparky***

The club will have this 'internal investigation' process which i should imagine will last until the season is over. At which point they'll terminate his contract much in the same way they did to Ronaldo.

Unread 05-02-2023, 11:01 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
leaving aside the legal balls on this thread (from to ), I only wish the club had taken the same approach to maguire.

the only way greenwood looks innocent is if it turns out the footage came from stockley park.
The law is the law, it thankfully is not determined or influenced by public opinion.

If your worried about Mason Greenwood turning up for training in a few months, don't be. It's not 2005, he's done.

Unread 05-02-2023, 11:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
The law is the law, it thankfully is not determined or influenced by public opinion.

If your worried about Mason Greenwood turning up for training in a few months, don't be. It's not 2005, he's done.
There's no chance of him ever playing for manchester united again. It would be PR suicide for United and i should imagine sponsors would have some serious questions for the club should they even think about welcoming him back to the team.

He's done at United. Finished. And I would probably say in this country as well. There really isn't a worse time in memory to be outed as an alleged domestic abuser. As you alluded to, this isn't 2005, the photos and recording have absolutely buried him.

Unread 05-02-2023, 11:11 PM
avocado

Quote:
More that the evidence (pics and audio) was in the public domain and therefore could prejudice the case, I believe, .
Why?

Unread 06-02-2023, 12:56 AM
jem

Quote:
obvs. but the law is irrelevant. legally, the case has been dropped. but no one thinks he's innocent.

Unread 06-02-2023, 02:31 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
obvs. but the law is irrelevant. legally, the case has been dropped. but no one thinks he's innocent.
The law is irrelevant???

Sigh...look, in the court of public opinion a large portion of fans think he is guilty. There is probably a portion of fans who think he was set up, and there are people like me who feel that were not qualified to make a judgement outside the law, so we go with what law enforcement has determined.

I've already stated that he will 99.9% most likely never play for Manchester United again.

I imagine he'll end up playing in Saudi Arabia (ironically with or against Ronaldo) so I don't know what more you want.

Unread 06-02-2023, 02:56 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There's no chance of him ever playing for manchester united again. It would be PR suicide for United and i should imagine sponsors would have some serious questions for the club should they even think about welcoming him back to the team.

He's done at United. Finished. And I would probably say in this country as well. There really isn't a worse time in memory to be outed as an alleged domestic abuser. As you alluded to, this isn't 2005, the photos and recording have absolutely buried him.
I'm not sure about this. honestly wouldn't be shocked if him and his mrs do a Hello cover with her pregnant, a full article, how she's forgiven him and loves him and hope people give him a 2nd chance...

might stick a tenner on him being top scorer next season tbh

Unread 06-02-2023, 03:01 PM
dunk

For him to apologise or her to say she’s forgiven him there has to be some degree of confession of wrong doing. Never gonna happen imo.

Unread 06-02-2023, 05:13 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
For him to apologise or her to say she’s forgiven him there has to be some degree of confession of wrong doing. Never gonna happen imo.
This. He can't admit to anything or he risks being charged again. Albeit asking for forgiveness would be his best shot at redemption.

Unread 06-02-2023, 05:54 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
This. He can't admit to anything or he risks being charged again. Albeit asking for forgiveness would be his best shot at redemption.
nonsense. he doesn't have to list all the things he did for which he is sorry.

Unread 06-02-2023, 05:56 PM
dunk

Then how can it be determined he’s being rehabilitated/forgiven for the right things?

Unread 06-02-2023, 06:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Then how can it be determined he’s being rehabilitated/forgiven for the right things?
it can't be. as far as I know, hello has different standards to the court.

Unread 06-02-2023, 06:18 PM
dunk

As soon as there’s an apology or forgiveness spoken about it opens a huge can of worms, never gonna happen imo.

Unread 06-02-2023, 06:19 PM
Dasilvatwins

May have missed this if he has put out a statement.

But does anybody else not think he’s weird that once the case has dropped he hasn’t come out even via lawyers to say something along the lines of that he was always innocent and he hope it can be put behind him and look to the future etc etc.

There hasn’t even been a public denial .

Unread 06-02-2023, 06:31 PM
Ronny

If the club announce whilst he plays for Utd, half his wages will go to support women's refuges in Gtr MCR.
That his partner is reconciled and as a twenty odd year old he has made mistakes and wishes to make amends.
It would blow over In six months
Closed Thread