United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 15-10-2023, 12:31 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Jim is in for a big surprise when he's stood waving in the centre circle.
He’ll be playing left back?

Unread 15-10-2023, 06:28 AM
shenwen

There's a part of me that is happy we are not owned by Qatar (the same part of me that ignores the sad reality of where football is right now). But another part that sees absolutely no upside to Radcliffe getting his 25% investment in.

Couldn't care less where the Sheik puts his money instead. That's for another club to deal with.

Not looking good for us though

Unread 15-10-2023, 06:53 AM
Stickman

Europa Conference league by 2027.

Unread 15-10-2023, 07:00 AM
believe

At least the focus of why we’re not where need to be will shift to the management and the players rather than blaming the owners every time we get beat by far inferior teams. If this is the deal everyone is happy with then the ownership shouldn’t even be in question.

Unread 15-10-2023, 07:51 AM
Dr Stranger

Whether you were Team Jim or the AI Giggsy, the one thing we could seemingly all agree on was that the Glazers leaving (or at the very least having no say in how the club is run) was the priority.

With this, they aren’t going anywhere. Not only that, they’ve got the majority of the shares.

That’s not a scenario that was acceptable to anyone a few weeks/months ago.

more details will emerge about what the long-term plan is, but the bottom line is that they’re not leaving and won’t be doing for the foreseeable.

We can dress it up how we like, but that is the absolute worst case scenario aside from minority investment with no intention to buy the club.

The Glazers own the majority of the shares and will continue to do so for the next couple of years at least.

I don’t think anyone can say with a straight face that they’re ok with this when we’ve had the potential of a full sale.

The concerns around SJR was that he was seemingly willing to keep them around. These concerns were dismissed because they won’t have influence. Now they’re being dismissed with

“Well, Jim wouldn’t pay this without a promise of a say in things”

I don’t want him to have a say in things. I want him or any other owner to have complete control.

I don’t want them in control of some of it and him in control of others - £#%&! that!

We were at the absolute end game with them. Enough was enough. Time to go.

Nope. We aren’t going ANYWHERE.

The longer it’s lurched on with their usually tactless lack of communication, the more likely this grim scenario looked imo.

They never wanted to sell. They needed to sell.

The Saudi league accelerating has probably convinced them and investors that the club could be worth more in a few years (and they’re probably right)

They don’t want to give up the cash cow unless silly money comes in. As soon as they started knocking back bids that are double the market value, the clearer it became that they’re not serious about selling.

Their ideal scenario was sticking around with someone bailing them out with £1bn+ to keep things ticking over for them.

And Worzel Gummage here has only gone and done it for them.

They’ll be delighted. The rest of the non-United world will be delighted.

The only positive is that it’s better than nothing, but from where we were and what it could have been, it’s about as bad as it gets.

The reception will be hostile and the bad feeling around the club - that only a full sale would have changed - will only worsen.

Good luck with those centre circle keepy uppys, Jim.

Still, maybe we’ll get Todibo on the cheap.

Unread 15-10-2023, 07:58 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
There's a part of me that is happy we are not owned by Qatar (the same part of me that ignores the sad reality of where football is right now). But another part that sees absolutely no upside to Radcliffe getting his 25% investment in.

Couldn't care less where the Sheik puts his money instead. That's for another club to deal with.

Not looking good for us though
I’m just holding onto the hope that Radcliffe is a highly successful business man who I doubt is going to sit around the Glazers like a spare #@&%! in an orgy while they call all the shots, hopefully he has a grand plan.

Either that he’s just prolonged the Glazers stay for some bizarre reason

Unread 15-10-2023, 08:11 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Whether you were Team Jim or the AI Giggsy, the one thing we could seemingly all agree on was that the Glazers leaving (or at the very least having no say in how the club is run) was the priority.

With this, they aren’t going anywhere. Not only that, they’ve got the majority of the shares.

more details will emerge about what the long-term plan is, but the bottom line is that they’re not leaving and won’t be doing for the foreseeable.

We can dress it up how we like, but that is the absolute worst case scenario aside from minority investment with no intention to buy the club.

The Glazers own the majority of the shares and will continue to do so for the next couple of years at least.

I don’t think anyone can say with a straight face that they’re ok with this when we’ve had the potential of a full sale.

The concerns around SJR was that he was seemingly willing to keep them around. These concerns were dismissed because they won’t have influence. Now they’re being dismissed with

I don’t want him to have a say in things. I want him or any other owner to have complete control.

I don’t want them in control of some of it and him in control of others - £#%&! that!

The longer it’s lurched on with their usually tactless lack of communication, the more likely this grim scenario looked imo.

The Saudi league accelerating has probably convinced them and investors that the club could be worth more in a few years (and they’re probably right)

They don’t want to give up the cash cow unless silly money comes in. As soon as they started knocking back bids that are double the market value, the clearer it became that they’re not serious about selling.

Their ideal scenario was sticking around with someone bailing them out with £1bn+ to keep things ticking over for them.

The only positive is that it’s better than nothing, but from where we were and what it could have been, it’s about as bad as it gets.

The reception will be hostile and the bad feeling around the club - that only a full sale would have changed - will only worsen.

Absolutely nailed it.

Unread 15-10-2023, 08:13 AM
Patty_b

]

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Ratcliffe > Ratcliffe and Glazers > Glazers > Qatar
Withers has it right.

Unread 15-10-2023, 08:14 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

Nrat

Unread 15-10-2023, 08:25 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
]

Withers has it right.
Withers says in 6 words what Dr paragraph says in about 600

Unread 15-10-2023, 08:31 AM
AK14

Quote:

Pretty much this.

Unread 15-10-2023, 08:34 AM
Ethers

A year ago, or just before the announcement they were looking for buyers was made (can’t remember exactly when it was), the idea of Ratcliffe owning 25%, being in sporting control, and being at the first stage of a gradual takeover, would have been welcomed by almost everyone. So it depends where your point of reference.

A lot of people got their heads turned by Qatar, that’s understandable, and anything other than Qatar was always going to be a massive disappointment for them

Unread 15-10-2023, 08:46 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
I’m just holding onto the hope that Radcliffe is a highly successful business man who I doubt is going to sit around the Glazers like a spare #@&%! in an orgy while they call all the shots, hopefully he has a grand plan.

Either that he’s just prolonged the Glazers stay for some bizarre reason
To earn as much on his investment as he can.

Maybe he feels the best opportunity for him is to hold a small stake. Less risk but plenty of financial upside.

I think it's going to help if people start seeing him as a very savvy businessman and not a united fan who wants to make the fans happy.

Qatar would have been fun. We would have spent a shitload. Invested in the ground and surroundings. But ultimately it would have stunk.

Just wish we had a better second option than Skinny Jim. Either I shit on your chips, or I piss on them. Either way, not going to be easy to swallow.

Unread 15-10-2023, 08:49 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Withers has it right.
Yes, Qatar was the worst case scenario. This is the next worst but hopefully some good will come out of it.

Unread 15-10-2023, 09:22 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
A year ago, or just before the announcement they were looking for buyers was made (can’t remember exactly when it was), the idea of Ratcliffe owning 25%, being in sporting control, and being at the first stage of a gradual takeover, would have been welcomed by almost everyone. So it depends where your point of reference.

A lot of people got their heads turned by Qatar, that’s understandable, and anything other than Qatar was always going to be a massive disappointment for them
Questions. Do you believe this deal will ensure United now have the resources and ownership structure to win the league? If Ratcliffe is staircasing his way to full ownership, how long should the support wait to see the benefit of this deal and what does that look like to you?

Reminder: we last won the league in 2013.

Unread 15-10-2023, 09:30 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Questions. Do you believe this deal will ensure United now have the resources and ownership structure to win the league? If Ratcliffe is staircasing his way to full ownership, how long should the support wait to see the benefit of this deal and what does that look like to you?

Reminder: we last won the league in 2013.
Question: do you think that financial fair play rules should be applied to clubs competing in the prem?

Reminder: they’re currently not.

Unread 15-10-2023, 09:41 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Question: do you think that financial fair play rules should be applied to clubs competing in the prem?

Reminder: they’re currently not.
All clubs should abide by FFP and l would have accepted the Glazers gone with Qatar ownership that operated within these rules. This isn't just about money. The Glazers are not competent owners. they view MUFC as a financial cash cow and have no respect for Club's history or support. These are the same owners who appointed Ralf Rangnick.

Unread 15-10-2023, 09:46 AM
armchair

Let's see if we get a competent director of football out of it.

Unread 15-10-2023, 09:58 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Is it a guaranteed gradual takeover or just a possible take over though? I know which option I'm leaning to. I simply can't see the @#%&!s ever leaving.

We need to hear from SJR tbh. Desperately. He could come out and say that in 4 years, he'll be the sole owner and everyone can rest easy. Or, he could come out and say "This is the start and the Glazers have indicated that they might be wiling to sell some time in the future".

If its concrete, great. If its ambiguous with nowt set in stone then it's dire.

Unread 15-10-2023, 10:05 AM
Ethers

Yeah I agree, we need to hear the exact details. I presume we will do quite soon if it’s being ratified by the board next week.