United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 06-01-2023, 12:06 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I know it’s probably a necessary evil, but it really is making my skin crawl that it looks like we’re relying on these @#%&!s to save us.
Not exactly thrilled either.

But realistically what options are there to buy a $6 billion business.

Unread 06-01-2023, 12:12 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I know it’s probably a necessary evil, but it really is making my skin crawl that it looks like we’re relying on these @#%&!s to save us.
It might make it easier but a club as commercially successful as us doesn’t need Arab blood money. Would sacrifice some success to avoid being owned by a despotic regime, just need owners to are primarily interested in on-field success and are competent.

Unread 06-01-2023, 12:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not exactly thrilled either.

But realistically what options are there to buy a $6 billion business.
Whip round?

Unread 06-01-2023, 12:26 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Whip round?
Get Jem to sell his yacht?

Unread 06-01-2023, 12:29 AM
Joe Biden

Let's £#%&!ing go

Unread 06-01-2023, 10:36 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Whip round?
Nah not seen sparky for years

Unread 06-01-2023, 10:42 AM
Finport Red

Dubai is the least worst option of all, I reckon.

Loads of money, less ‘enthusiastic’ about their religion that others, and would love to be the best owners in the world.

We could end up with the tallest stadium in the world.

Unread 06-01-2023, 10:46 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Dubai is the least worst option of all, I reckon.

Loads of money, less ‘enthusiastic’ about their religion that others, and would love to be the best owners in the world.

We could end up with the tallest stadium in the world.
Well they did nearly go bankrupt and have to be bailed out by abu Dhabi in 2009 if if memory serves. Not saying I know much about the place but -- since they've no oil or gas -- it does seem a little like a real estate bubble floating on a sea of bullshit

Unread 06-01-2023, 10:48 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Well they did nearly go bankrupt and have to be bailed out by abu Dhabi in 2009 if if memory serves. Not saying I know much about the place but -- since they've no oil or gas -- it does seem a little like a real estate bubble floating on a sea of bullshit
Didn’t know that.

Unread 06-01-2023, 10:56 AM
tatty

Quote:
Peak United being bought by a poor Arab state.

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Finport Red

Quote:

Unread 08-01-2023, 12:26 AM
Joe Biden

Weghorst.

Salary cap of 200k a week.

Sounds like there making a play to stick it out. They've sensed a manager is in place who can probably finish top 4 consistently on a limited budget.

Unread 08-01-2023, 12:30 AM
Drexl

Finally these dicks have got a grip

They should sue woodward for incompetence imo

Unread 08-01-2023, 12:30 AM
red in cumbria

Cool story bro.

Unread 08-01-2023, 05:37 AM
Travis Bickle

Forgive me for perhaps being a bit simplistic here, and also whisky-fuelled, but in my mellowed head I think I have an ideal solution to the whole ownership thing ...

I do not want us to be owned by a Nation State, American consortium, unethical individual etc. so my leftfield approach would be to scrap any bidding process and approach Gautam Adani to buy the club outright.

Recently named (again) the third richest man in the world with a net value of 150billion or so, 6 billion would be nothing to him. India, the world's largest democracy, sports mad ... Think of the revenue from shirt sales and TV rights alone, plus the growth of football in India.

I am now posting this before I sober up. Probably regret it at some point. Goodnight

Unread 08-01-2023, 07:14 AM
waynes ear's

a man worth 150 billion is not going to be an ethical do gooder who MUST can just bell and ask to buy United

Unread 08-01-2023, 07:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
Forgive me for perhaps being a bit simplistic here, and also whisky-fuelled, but in my mellowed head I think I have an ideal solution to the whole ownership thing ...

I do not want us to be owned by a Nation State, American consortium, unethical individual etc. so my leftfield approach would be to scrap any bidding process and approach Gautam Adani to buy the club outright.

Recently named (again) the third richest man in the world with a net value of 150billion or so, 6 billion would be nothing to him. India, the world's largest democracy, sports mad ... Think of the revenue from shirt sales and TV rights alone, plus the growth of football in India.

I am now posting this before I sober up. Probably regret it at some point. Goodnight
An Indian is always a good idea until you wake in the morning....

Unread 08-01-2023, 07:52 AM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Fair point. I retract

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
a man worth 150 billion is not going to be an ethical do gooder who MUST can just bell and ask to buy United
Not sure. Maybe MUST is not the answer. Drexl hàs a way with words - he could charm him

Unread 08-01-2023, 08:15 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Bravo 👏

Unread 08-01-2023, 08:39 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
Not sure. Maybe MUST is not the answer. Drexl hàs a way with words - he could charm him
MUST are absolutely not the answer, and neither is Drexl. He'd bore any potential owner to permanent sleep he'll bite