United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 16-06-2023, 10:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Again, no new information, just re-treading old ground. One thing this entire process has lacked, as indeed their entire ownership of the club has, is clarity and communication from the Glazers.

Unread 16-06-2023, 10:28 PM
tatty

Luhr.

Unread 16-06-2023, 10:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Again, no new information, just re-treading old ground. One thing this entire process has lacked, as indeed their entire ownership of the club has, is clarity and communication from the Glazers.
The sale is befitting of their ownership.

Unread 16-06-2023, 10:48 PM
ScarFace

Unread 16-06-2023, 11:34 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If I am negotiating a £6BN sale of something I own the last thing I would be doing is providing a running commentary on the internet.

Unread 16-06-2023, 11:39 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
If I am negotiating a £6BN sale of something I own the last thing I would be doing is providing a running commentary on the internet.
more fool you

Unread 16-06-2023, 11:39 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
It would make eBay a happier place.

Unread 18-06-2023, 12:57 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Aren’t people doing the exact same thing with Sheik Jassim?
Sort of. No argument from me.

Unread 18-06-2023, 01:10 PM
BigJim

People should just make peace with whichever it is, and stop buying the shit media narrative that any takeover is impacting the transfer plan - it's not. It's slow because the Glazers are tight @#%&!s and at 6 billion quid we're a long way from Louis Edwards meat packing place. Deals of this type are rarely quick.

What's affecting it way more is ffp and what we're likely to get for the garbage we're shipping out. The nature of these things means we're going to have to buy before we sell when we really need to be doing it the other way round.

Unread 18-06-2023, 01:25 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Yes, a selection that has probably never set foot inside old Trafford (or England probably)
This

Unread 18-06-2023, 09:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 18-06-2023, 11:31 PM
tatty

I'm hoping the longer it drags on the more obstacles appear in front of Jim G's bid.

Unread 18-06-2023, 11:32 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I'm hoping the longer it drags on the more obstacles appear in front of Jim G's bid.
jims dead. qatar ftw .

Unread 18-06-2023, 11:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
jims dead. qatar ftw .
Halal! Halal! We are the Busby boys!

Unread 19-06-2023, 08:45 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Halal! Halal! We are the Busby boys!

And if you are a construction man, surrender your passport or you'll die, we all follow Muhammed

Unread 19-06-2023, 08:53 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

And if you are a construction man, surrender your passport or you'll die, we all follow Muhammed

Current visit Dubai league table.

El homo 1
Silv 0
Esters -1

I know it’s hardly going to be played out on public forums but the lack of any real news on this is slightly concerning. A summer of missed transfers and ETH saying there’s no value in the market is pretty much the last thing we need.

Unread 19-06-2023, 09:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

El homo 1
Silv 0
Esters -1

I know it’s hardly going to be played out on public forums but the lack of any real news on this is slightly concerning. A summer of missed transfers and ETH saying there’s no value in the market is pretty much the last thing we need.
Nah, it’s fine. Ned bought a house once and it took ages.

Unread 19-06-2023, 09:23 AM
Patty_b

It was always going to be a big ask to get new owners, get players shifted and the right players brought in all in one summer. We struggle to get business done at the best of times, never mind with the potential upheaval at the top of the club. And this process was never going to be a quick one. Multiple bidders offering a few billion each to make the biggest purchase in sports history isn't something that's going to get done to quick.

Whatever happens with the club purchase I think it's just going to be a case of building on last season and target next summer as the big one. That could be a better option than any new owners coming in while the transfer window is open and trying to scramble some silly deals together before the window closes just it looks as though they're trying to do something.

Making rash, silly decisions in the transfer market has been one of our biggest downfalls under the Glazers.

Unread 19-06-2023, 09:54 AM
est.1878

Quote:

El homo 1
Silv 0
Esters -1
coming from behind is my specialty

Unread 19-06-2023, 10:00 AM
jem

Quote: