United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:25 PM
armchair

I wanted him in instead of moyes. His southampton side were amazing.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:27 PM
box to box

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I wanted him in instead of moyes. His southampton side were amazing.
And the main reason Schneiderlin looked like a capable footballer.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:36 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I don't know what that means.
Had to edit it oops.

Some are taking it as a given he would come to us. But he might feel that his work at Spurs is half done, and fancy a Champion League campaign there.
He's also untested at this point, and winning the worst Premier League perhaps ever, wouldn't change that.

Some are dismissing Mourinho and pushing for Pochettino, especially a couple of the forum hipsters.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
Had to edit it oops.

Some are taking it as a given he would come to us. But he might feel that his work at Spurs is half done, and fancy a Champion League campaign there.
He's also untested at this point, and winning the worst Premier League perhaps ever, wouldn't change that.

Some are dismissing Mourinho and pushing for Pochettino, especially a couple of the forum hipsters.
abm

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:50 PM
armchair

Quote:
Had to edit it oops.

I wanted him to replace fergie not lvg. I think we have 0 chance of signing him and tbh I'd like to see mourinho have a go.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:51 PM
Sparky***

Plenty to admire about his Tottenham team tbh. Let's see how they get on over the next 12 games though.

Unread 15-02-2016, 12:39 AM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I wanted him to replace fergie not lvg. I think we have 0 chance of signing him and tbh I'd like to see mourinho have a go.
Precisely. Cant see him coming now. Would be a huge gamble in any case.

Would surely bring much better football than van Gaal though.

Unread 15-02-2016, 12:43 AM
Buck

It's easy to try and paper over the cracks of a poor defence by just going all out and while it's entertaining and will get results for a while, it's not sustainable. Likewise, just sitting deep and playing for mistakes and the percentages will only take you so far. He's combined the two facets of defence and attack to build a skillful, dynamic and robust team who unlike previous Spurs team, are tactically flexible and mentally tough.

Likewise you see players like Rose, Walker, Dembele, Vertonghen, Lamela, Mason, Bentaleb, Kane who were stagnating and some regressing in their careers when he arrived. They're now all playing the best football of their careers.

A manager's job is to get the best of his resources. If just going into the transfer market was the answer then CEOs should just be the sole leader. For sure, sometimes you'll have rebuilds and transitions but by having a manager who can identify quickly what he needs, but can find solutions should a transfer not be possible.

Ever since LvG has arrived the talk is about needing upgrading on many positions yet he has not got the best out of what we already have. His in-game management is terrible. The irony is he and Pochettino share a similar vision. They want their players to be able to think for themselves on the field.

Unfortunately the product we see of LvG's philosophy is players who look devoid of inspiration and just going through the motions. LvG has explained he doesn't get animated in games because his work has been done in training. Therefore what we are seeing is a manifestation of training where funnily enough we've heard reports of players being bored and mentally drained. It's not worked at United and in simple terms I'd say because the players we have had under him aren't suitable to play his way. He's tried to completely reshape the game of many players who are at their best playing on instinct rather than adapt to what he has.

Pochettino's teams trust in their quality to play flowing football but are drilled to be solid and hard to beat. It's the happy medium we need. I think he'll be a terrific United manager and ironically the perfect man to lay the foundations for the future of this club.

Unread 15-02-2016, 12:45 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
We're not gonna be in the Champions League and Spurs will next season. I don't he will want to come to us the mess we're in. Some right dreamers on this thread . *Quick push the case of the flavour of the month like a real hipster*
He's the new Belgium pal.

Unread 15-02-2016, 01:05 AM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

I thought it was Japan now?

Unread 15-02-2016, 01:05 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Don't start that shite on here

Unread 15-02-2016, 01:07 AM
Swagger

Get LVG in as DOF

Jose manager

Poch Assistant

Giggs to replace Fred The Red

Unread 15-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
Get LVG in as DOF

Jose manager

Poch Assistant

Giggs to replace Fred The Red
and Fred the Red?

Unread 15-02-2016, 09:07 AM
billynomates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
and Fred the Red?
Managing the under 18s

Unread 15-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Don't start that shite on here

Unread 15-02-2016, 09:50 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
and Fred the Red?
Academys new fun face

Unread 15-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
It's easy to try and paper over the cracks of a poor defence by just going all out and while it's entertaining and will get results for a while, it's not sustainable. Likewise, just sitting deep and playing for mistakes and the percentages will only take you so far. He's combined the two facets of defence and attack to build a skillful, dynamic and robust team who unlike previous Spurs team, are tactically flexible and mentally tough.

Likewise you see players like Rose, Walker, Dembele, Vertonghen, Lamela, Mason, Bentaleb, Kane who were stagnating and some regressing in their careers when he arrived. They're now all playing the best football of their careers.

A manager's job is to get the best of his resources. If just going into the transfer market was the answer then CEOs should just be the sole leader. For sure, sometimes you'll have rebuilds and transitions but by having a manager who can identify quickly what he needs, but can find solutions should a transfer not be possible.

Ever since LvG has arrived the talk is about needing upgrading on many positions yet he has not got the best out of what we already have. His in-game management is terrible. The irony is he and Pochettino share a similar vision. They want their players to be able to think for themselves on the field.

Unfortunately the product we see of LvG's philosophy is players who look devoid of inspiration and just going through the motions. LvG has explained he doesn't get animated in games because his work has been done in training. Therefore what we are seeing is a manifestation of training where funnily enough we've heard reports of players being bored and mentally drained. It's not worked at United and in simple terms I'd say because the players we have had under him aren't suitable to play his way. He's tried to completely reshape the game of many players who are at their best playing on instinct rather than adapt to what he has.

Pochettino's teams trust in their quality to play flowing football but are drilled to be solid and hard to beat. It's the happy medium we need. I think he'll be a terrific United manager and ironically the perfect man to lay the foundations for the future of this club.
Ranieri in.

Unread 15-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
People are just discussing alternative options, no need to get your knickers in a twist over it No one on here is on the board of directors, other than Pure.
That twice in three days you've suggested I'm losing my shit over something when I'm not and completely missed the point of what I've said.

In the same way people are just discussing alternatives, I'm just suggesting that he might want to stay at a team where he's just won the league. Daft, I know.

Unread 15-02-2016, 01:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
That twice in three days you've suggested I'm losing my shit over something when I'm not and completely missed the point of what I've said.

In the same way people are just discussing alternatives, I'm just suggesting that he might want to stay at a team where he's just won the league. Daft, I know.
Woah, no need to lose your shit pal.

Unread 15-02-2016, 04:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by billynomates
Managing the under 18s
Couldn't do any worse, tbf.
Closed Thread