United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 14-01-2020, 08:23 PM
My Name is Heath

Default It's the wrong date Gromit!

Turned on the telly earlier, pants off, to watch United v Wolves.

It's only bloody gone and decided to take place tomorrow ffs.

What hilarious anecdotes do YOU have about turning up somewhere at the wrong time etc?

Unread 14-01-2020, 08:26 PM
Switching Off

Unread 14-01-2020, 08:27 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off View Post

Unread 14-01-2020, 08:31 PM
Chris Quayd

United were playing Doncaster a while back to commemorate the opening of their new stadium, I sorted tickets and mate drove from Chester after pegging it from work to pick me up in Manchester and head over to Donny, a full 24 hours early.

Also managed to miss two separate flights in one day due to lateness, first missed flight was due to no maps/accurate road signs in Mississippi which meant we were going to wrong direction without realising. Second missed flight was after thinking we could have one more drink before heading to the gate which tbf we could, it's just that we couldn't get on the plane once we were there.

Unread 14-01-2020, 08:40 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
United were playing Doncaster a while back to commemorate the opening of their new stadium, I sorted tickets and mate drove from Chester after pegging it from work to pick me up in Manchester and head over to Donny, a full 24 hours early.

Also managed to miss two separate flights in one day due to lateness, first missed flight was due to no maps/accurate road signs in Mississippi which meant we were going to wrong direction without realising. Second missed flight was after thinking we could have one more drink before heading to the gate which tbf we could, it's just that we couldn't get on the plane once we were there.

I hope that beer was worth it

Unread 14-01-2020, 08:46 PM
dunk

Lad I went to the match with on Saturday gave his exec tickets to a lad who worked on one of the sites hes on. Went over to the exec seat to get his book back and his seats were empty. He was fuming. Tried ringing the lad, no joy. Said he was going to savage him on Monday for wasting the tickets. Rang me Monday pissing himself; the dickhead thought the game was Sunday, cancelled his rock climbing day out to go to the match and was bragging to all his mates, had picked his food and everything, proper buzzing, sat watching MOTD on Saturday night when United came on... devastated

Unread 14-01-2020, 09:35 PM
My Name is Heath

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Lad I went to the match with on Saturday gave his exec tickets to a lad who worked on one of the sites hes on. Went over to the exec seat to get his book back and his seats were empty. He was fuming. Tried ringing the lad, no joy. Said he was going to savage him on Monday for wasting the tickets. Rang me Monday pissing himself; the dickhead thought the game was Sunday, cancelled his rock climbing day out to go to the match and was bragging to all his mates, had picked his food and everything, proper buzzing, sat watching MOTD on Saturday night when United came on... devastated

Unread 14-01-2020, 09:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post

Unread 14-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Poop

Not date related hilarity but I had to lodge some money in the bank a while back, in I went and stopped half way up the floor only to realise I was in the Chemist next door.

Oh the hilarity! How I didn't laugh at myself, etc, etc.

Unread 14-01-2020, 09:53 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
Turned on the telly earlier, pants off, to watch United v Wolves.

It's only bloody gone and decided to take place tomorrow ffs.

What hilarious anecdotes do YOU have about turning up somewhere at the wrong time etc?
Publicly flog your butler for not reminding you !