United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-10-2010, 02:13 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Default Re: Wigan Athletic fans - £#%&!wits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I don't like this phrase. I don't think such a thing exists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby,_Warwickshire

Unread 13-10-2010, 02:13 PM
andyroo

Do many people go to both?

Unread 13-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

guessing the average home gates are bigger because of the amount of away fans that football clubs bring as opposed to their rugby counterparts.

more rl fans in wiggin than latics

Unread 13-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Do many people go to both?
I don't know of any who go to both. One or two actually want both to do well but most take great pleasure in taking the piss when one or the other loses

Unread 13-10-2010, 02:17 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
They used to have a couple of signs as you went in to Wigan saying 'home of premier league football' and they weren't complaining then

I work in Wigan and the amount of bitching between the rugby and football fans is ridiculous. They're all from the same town, you'd think they'd want the other team to do well.
leeds is also divided between rugby and football fans. certain parts of leeds hate lids scum but follow rhinos or hunslet. i live near headingley carnegie stadium so you get a lot more rhinos tops round my way.
Closed Thread