United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 62 53.91%
Sack 53 46.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 24-04-2024, 11:37 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
yes.

do think dalot would be better playing at fullback, as a midfielder or trying to cover both positions at the same time?

also, if you don't think dalot can play midfield, you don't know ball. however, note that he was not in my suggested midfield three.

Jesus Christ

Unread 24-04-2024, 11:39 AM
believe

Quote:
yes.

do think dalot would be better playing at fullback, as a midfielder or trying to cover both positions at the same time?

also, if you don't think dalot can play midfield, you don't know ball. however, note that he was not in my suggested midfield three.
He could play in nets too and be just as effective.

Unread 24-04-2024, 11:44 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
He could play in nets too and be just as effective.
dalot, for all his faults and the manager's stupid instructions, has been one of our better players this season. if you think he is shit, then the disagreement is more fundamental.

Unread 24-04-2024, 11:48 AM
believe

Quote:
dalot, for all his faults and the manager's stupid instructions, has been one of our better players this season. if you think he is shit, then the disagreement is more fundamental.
I don’t really think he’s shit, I just don’t think he’s the answer to our midfield problems. You know I’m a schmuck for players attitudes over ability but I do wish he’d stop high fiving everyone when we get a throw in.

Unread 24-04-2024, 11:49 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Honestly - is there some contractual thing going on? It's just inexplicable. I've never seen a player in such consistently terrible form play every single week.
did you not see Antony last season?
did you remember weghorst?

It’s what he does!

Unread 24-04-2024, 11:52 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
I don’t really think he’s shit, I just don’t think he’s the answer to our midfield problems. You know I’m a schmuck for players attitudes over ability but I do wish he’d stop high fiving everyone when we get a throw in.
I don't think he's the answer to our midfield problems, either. my point was that 10h expects him to play midfield. if so, he should play someone else at fullback. he could certainly play midfield, though. I would rather play dalot in midfield, when we are short of options, that end up with eriksen playing midfield on his own. because that is just £#%&!ing stupid.

Unread 24-04-2024, 12:17 PM
Patty_b

I don't really think the majority of our players are actually shit, or that ETH is a shit manager.

I think the players would be good enough with a structured role in the team. Or to put it another way, if a manager set the team up in a way to hide the shitter parts of their game.

Also think that if we had a squad full of high energy, technically sound players then we'd be getting the very best out of ETH. I don't think he's the sort of manager that can change how he sets up a team to get the best out of the sum of his parts, when the parts available to him aren't suited to what he needs.

If the club fully intend to go mad and replace most of the squad with players that ETH could get the best out of, then I'm fully ETH in. Go for it. Ideally not with just from Ajax though. But I don't reckon that's going to happen. We've not even got the man that's meant to be in charge of recruitment at the club.

Unread 24-04-2024, 12:37 PM
jem

sure... get better players and he'd be a better manager.

and, in the meantime, it's just his failure to provide a structured role and his inability to adapt.

all good.

Unread 24-04-2024, 01:44 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
sure... get better players and he'd be a better manager.
Not 'better players', players more suited for how he wants his team to play. Tadic left the Premier League as a mediocre winger, and them looked like a world beater in ETH's Ajax team the season after in the Champions League. He can get the best out of players if they are able to play the football he needs them to play.

I agree with other Fredsters that Amrabat has been awful this season, but I agree with you that he's not a bad player. Under a different manager with a different way of playing, he'd probably look like the player he actually is.

Sometimes players suit different managers because of what's needed from them on the pitch. I don't think that's some great secret.

Quote:
and, in the meantime, it's just his failure to provide a structured role and his inability to adapt.

all good.
No it's not just his failure, or just down to lack of ability. It's a result from over a decade of club mismanagement.

I don't think you could throw a manager like Pep into any scenario at a club and expect great things to happen because of the type of manager he is. But give him the players he needs to play the football he wants and it works.

I wouldn't say that means he's a bad manager.

I don't think there's any manager we could hire in the world that would be able to get our current team challenging for the top of the table. But I do think that there are managers that could get this team sitting comfortably in 4th place in the table, progressed further in the Champions League, and not have a line-up of players looking they have no idea what they're meant to be doing on the pitch almost every game. And then we could progress from there.

Unread 24-04-2024, 01:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Tadic left the Premier League as a mediocre winger....
I guess you never saw him play for soton.

Unread 24-04-2024, 01:51 PM
croady26

Quote:
Not 'better players', players more suited for how he wants his team to play. Tadic left the Premier League as a mediocre winger, and them looked like a world beater in ETH's Ajax team the season after in the Champions League. He can get the best out of players if they are able to play the football he needs them to play.

I agree with other Fredsters that Amrabat has been awful this season, but I agree with you that he's not a bad player. Under a different manager with a different way of playing, he'd probably look like the player he actually is.

Sometimes players suit different managers because of what's needed from them on the pitch. I don't think that's some great secret.

No it's not just his failure, or just down to lack of ability. It's a result from over a decade of club mismanagement.

I don't think you could throw a manager like Pep into any scenario at a club and expect great things to happen because of the type of manager he is. But give him the players he needs to play the football he wants and it works.

I wouldn't say that means he's a bad manager.

I don't think there's any manager we could hire in the world that would be able to get our current team challenging for the top of the table. But I do think that there are managers that could get this team sitting comfortably in 4th place in the table, progressed further in the Champions League, and not have a line-up of players looking they have no idea what they're meant to be doing on the pitch almost every game. And then we could progress from there.
Yeah I feel Tuchel could do that, however accept that he's not the long term solution that many fans are probably looking for.

Surely there is a way we can sell the players who don't deserve a chance under a new manager. There seems to be a feeling it's one or the other

Unread 24-04-2024, 01:52 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
I'm guessing Southampton didn't either considering they let him go for roughly the same £10.5m they paid for him 4 years prior.

Unread 24-04-2024, 01:56 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Classic jem.

Unread 24-04-2024, 01:59 PM
jem

Quote:
I'm guessing Southampton didn't either considering they let him go for roughly the same £10.5m they paid for him 4 years prior.
he wanted to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
Classic jem.
basing my view of tadic's talent on actually seeing him play? you're so right.

Unread 24-04-2024, 02:04 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
he wanted to go.
As do most Southampton players usually. Still doesn't mean his signature was hot property in European football based on what he produced there.

Unread 24-04-2024, 02:07 PM
jem

Quote:
As do most Southampton players usually. Still doesn't mean his signature was hot property in European football based on what he produced there.
he was happy enough there when they were finishing in the top half of the table. largely thanks to him. your comment that he was just a mediocre winger is codswallop.

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=32

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=65

Unread 24-04-2024, 02:31 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
basing my view of tadic's talent on actually seeing him play? you're so right.
No. Focusing on one tiny aspect of something to obscure and skew the resonance of the content you can't/won't address.

Unread 24-04-2024, 02:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
No. Focusing on one tiny aspect of something to obscure and skew the resonance of the content you can't/won't address.
patty only mentioned tadic because I did address the content. so... no.

Unread 24-04-2024, 02:57 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
did you not see Antony last season?
did you remember weghorst?

It’s what he does!

Unread 24-04-2024, 05:52 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
They are young and need nurturing and are also the most important players we have so need protecting. Imagine going into the cup final without them...
You 've made a great point there tbh with you & your right the prospect of United facing, cITY without either of them , just does'nt bear thinking about!