United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 26-12-2020, 04:31 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Really don't get the hate for Fred.

Yeah there is some things he can improve on but he does a vital job for the team. Intercepts/wins the ball back, great energy and starts some moves off. If he could make some improvements he would be very good. You notice the difference to the side when him or The Scottish Player aren't playing. Not sure on both together at times. It became apparent early today we didn't need both.

Putting Pogba on and pushing The Scottish Player over to protect Lindelof, rather than James, changed it
Fred has the application, but lacks the ability and intelligence to play at the very top level IMO.

Being busy doesn't quite cut it when you're also constantly guilty of giving away stupid fouls, and never threatening the opposition goal.

I'd be okay with one of him or The Scottish Player being a regular squad player, but both of them starting the biggest games will never get us to where we want to be. When you add a lazy, inconsistent Pogba into the mix, it's clear we have big problems in midfield.

Unread 26-12-2020, 04:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Scholes spot on about rotation btw
Then he must have had some right arguments with fergie. He’s basically supporting the idea of doping. 60 games without rotating ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Not a bad result in isolation and I’ve no issue with where we are in the league and our current form. We’re improving and handling a hectic spell quite well.

In the context of the game though, it felt like a missed chance. This is not a great Leicester side. We would have won with a little more composure and would have won comfortably if we were clinical.
We’d have won if we weren’t arsing about with competitions like the league cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Maguire was supposed to be the answer, but what's the question?
Who’s one half of the central defence we need?

Unread 26-12-2020, 04:41 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Really don't get the hate for Fred.

Yeah there is some things he can improve on but he does a vital job for the team. Intercepts/wins the ball back, great energy and starts some moves off. If he could make some improvements he would be very good. You notice the difference to the side when him or The Scottish Player aren't playing. Not sure on both together at times. It became apparent early today we didn't need both.

Putting Pogba on and pushing The Scottish Player over to protect Lindelof, rather than James, changed it
He plays central midfield for Manchester United and can't pass a ball. One top player should come in and be able to do the job of Fred and McTomminay combined and to a higher standard.

Unread 26-12-2020, 04:47 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He plays central midfield for Manchester United and can't pass a ball. One top player should come in and be able to do the job of Fred and McTomminay combined and to a higher standard.
Must have been another number 17 setting rashford up for the chance second half

Unread 26-12-2020, 04:49 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Must have been another number 17 setting rashford up for the chance second half
Makes a change from him setting the opposition up outside our area.

Unread 26-12-2020, 04:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Whilst I think Vardy is a good striker who absolutely knows his strengths and utilises them very well, I have to interject and ask; are you rating Vardy as better than Cavani?
He's maybe more immune to aging?

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:14 PM
puressence

Quote:
Makes a change from him setting the opposition up outside our area.
Midfielder gives away free kick. Shoot him. Must have missed you comment on Bruno’s fault for first goal probably
Watching Fred on player cam

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:17 PM
waynes ear's

Fred is abaolute garbage, along with that tit The Scottish Player

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We’d have won if we weren’t arsing about with competitions like the league cup
The scheduling of this game, following a QF for us on Wednesday night, has certainly been noted.

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:25 PM
Vida_15

at the start of the day, i think most would have taken a draw against another top 4 side while playing away.

what makes it harsh and feeling like 2 points dropped is giving away the lead twice especially the second being in the last 10 minutes

agree that The Scottish Player should have closed down Barnes much quicker and the last goal that cross has to be cut out but at the same time you need Maguire and Bailly finding Vardy and sticking to him. two goals that were preventable

at the end of the day it shouldn't have come to that if we just took our chances and put the game to bed by getting that third goal.

Ole is managing the squad quite well iwth the rotations during this hectic period and we take the 2 wins at home and we are in great shape for the second half of the season.

Let's see if our table position affords Ole a chance to dip into the market in january

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:26 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Midfielder gives away free kick. Shoot him. Must have missed you comment on Bruno’s fault for first goal probably
Watching Fred on player cam
I am talking about his inability to consistently pass a ball.

His ability to give away free kicks in shit areas is another topic entirely.

Why do I need to call out Fernandes, a player who produces game in, game out and is our best player.

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:34 PM
believe

We’re shit. Don’t let that detract you from the truth.

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:36 PM
puressence

Quote:

Why do I need to call out Fernandes, a player who produces game in, game out and is our best player.
You said he couldn’t pass at all. Make your mind up.

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:39 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We’d have won if we weren’t arsing about with competitions like the league cup
Agree with that.

Ole needs to start resting the likes of Maguire and Bruno in cup games imo.

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:39 PM
Coracao

Quote:
You said he couldn’t pass at all. Make your mind up.
Figure of speech ffs.

You can pass a football. And probably better than Fred can.

Or are you trying to tell me you think his distribution is of a good standard ?

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Agree with that.

Ole needs to start resting the likes of Maguire and Bruno in cup games imo.
They might get a rest against Watford tbf.

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:42 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:

Fred is a key part of our midfield and one of the first I'd pencil in on the team sheet

See our most hapless results this season for proof of this

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:44 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Fred is a key part of our midfield and one of the first I'd pencil in on the team sheet

See our most hapless results this season for proof of this
A glaring weakness in our side then that needs addressing if we are to kick on...

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:54 PM
Palmer

Quote:
The guy for Leicester tielmans is basically Fred and The Scottish Player rolled into 1 with some passing ability sprinkled on top.

Unread 26-12-2020, 05:59 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer
The guy for Leicester tielmans is basically Fred and The Scottish Player rolled into 1 with some passing ability sprinkled on top.
Tbf he had Ndidi next to him as well. But he is a better footballer than either of our two.

It has to be a priority signing in the summer to improve the midfield. We should not have to be starting both Fred and McTomminay in games. They are nowhere near progressive enough on the ball and it is compounded by neither of them being disciplined enough defensively, so we often see both of them in the same team. Could be argued we need two starting midfielders to play with Fernandes...