United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 04-05-2021, 01:02 PM
Stickman

Think this may be the first time Iíve opened this thread and am shocked to read what I just have. So sorry for your loss Duane, I really hope youíre keeping ok and have a good network of friends around you at this difficult time.

Unread 04-05-2021, 05:34 PM
Danoli

I am so sorry to hear of your terrible loss.

Unread 04-05-2021, 05:42 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe View Post

I'm having to go legal on the hospital
You've done the right thing otherwise you'd always wonder. Best of luck from a fellow ********* x

Unread 04-05-2021, 05:47 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe View Post
Thanks for the kind words and the donations in Kim's name. Genuinely very touched.

Worst experience of my life, these past 7 months. And now had to involve lawyers because of the doubts I have about the care/decisions made by the drs.

I think some people have assumed that is me lashing out against the world looking for some rhyme or reason to it all. It isn't that.

In the pre-transplant fitness assessment phase Kim failed the lung capacity test they gave her. They were concerned enough to make her take the test again at a different facility. She failed that one too. But it didn't alter the plans for the type of transplant conditioning they planned for her (x 6 courses of full body radiation).

She died on a ventilator, spending a full month on that ventilator with extremely damaged lungs.

I'm aware enough to accept she was unlucky enough to have a deadly form of blood cancer at the age of 38 and also aware enough that when she walked in to their hospital in Jan, she did so cancer-free and with trust entirely in the hands of the drs to make the right calls.

I'm having to go legal on the hospital because I desperately, desperately need to be proven wrong. The fact that a post mortem has been ordered now based on my complaint makes me terrified that they have made a fatal mistake in her care. Need to be wrong or I don't know what I'll do.
Sorry for your loss Duane

Unread 04-05-2021, 05:59 PM
92ToBury

My condolences Duane.

Unread 04-05-2021, 07:07 PM
hopkins

so sorry to hear this
my inbox is open if you need to bend my ear