United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2015, 03:04 AM
ScarFace

Football El Clasico corruption storm

A potential match-fixing scandal has engulfed next month’s Clasico after a linesman complained to Spanish police that he had been told to favour Real Madrid by the matchday referee.
The identities of the match officials involved are being kept private for fear of reprisals against them but anti-corruption officials are understood to be taking the claims seriously.
The match officials for the Real Madrid v Barcelona fixture have not yet been made confirmed but it is understood that one of the pre-designated linesmen for the fixture had been contacted by the pre-designated referee who told him that the refereeing committee were putting pressure on them to favour Real Madrid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Barcelona.html

Unread 22-10-2015, 09:19 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
A potential match-fixing scandal has engulfed next month’s Clasico after a linesman complained to Spanish police that he had been told to favour Real Madrid by the matchday referee.
The identities of the match officials involved are being kept private for fear of reprisals against them but anti-corruption officials are understood to be taking the claims seriously.
The match officials for the Real Madrid v Barcelona fixture have not yet been made confirmed but it is understood that one of the pre-designated linesmen for the fixture had been contacted by the pre-designated referee who told him that the refereeing committee were putting pressure on them to favour Real Madrid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Barcelona.html
All the way thru united matches against Madrid in the last two decades I thought that the ref had been got too. There were just too many wrong decisions and too many 50/50's that went their way .
Juve were another one that made me stop and wonder .

Unread 22-10-2015, 09:24 AM
Kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
All the way thru united matches against Madrid in the last two decades I thought that the ref had been got too. There were just too many wrong decisions and too many 50/50's that went their way .
Juve were another one that made me stop and wonder .
The massive scandal that broke out and their subsequent relegation made me think they were up to something too.

Unread 22-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Vedder

That Nani red was dodgy as £#%&! imo

Unread 22-10-2015, 09:33 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos
The massive scandal that broke out and their subsequent relegation made me think they were up to something too.

Unread 22-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Ashley's Grime

That @#%&! that manages Boro punched the ball over the bar in 2000. £#%&! all said or done about it. Should have been a pen and a red card.

Unread 22-10-2015, 09:43 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder

Unread 22-10-2015, 09:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
nah, Keano said it's a red all day long. Without any bitterness, apparently.

Unread 22-10-2015, 09:48 AM
andyroo

Así, así, así gana el Madrid.

It would of course be churlish to point out that this scoop comes from a Catalan newspaper.

Unread 22-10-2015, 10:04 AM
Switching Off

Benitez, the cheating mess of a man :shakehead:

Unread 22-10-2015, 10:14 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Harsh perhaps, but wasn't dodgy. Nani had his studs 7ft in the air ffs

Unread 22-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Harsh perhaps, but wasn't dodgy. Nani had his studs 7ft in the air ffs
behave - yellow at most

Unread 22-10-2015, 10:33 AM
CockOfTheNorth

Quote:

Unread 22-10-2015, 11:19 AM
morgan

Reffing conspiracies are generally a bit Scouse, but it definitely sounds like we were moral winners of at least one more European cup

Without even mentioning how Barca were mainlining more gear than Festina and Team Sky combined :shakehead:

Unread 22-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
at the time

- the reffing just seemed ..........odd..... not so blatant but a def leaning towards them .

there was £#%&! all between the teams utd - juve and they just seemed to edge it every time , with all the 50/50 decisions going there way , yeah its a bit pathetic to blame the ref - but if they bribed domestic refs why not international ?

Unread 22-10-2015, 01:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
there was £#%&! all between the teams utd - juve and they just seemed to edge it every time , with all the 50/50 decisions going there way , yeah its a bit pathetic to blame the ref - but if they bribed domestic refs why not international ?
The scam Juventus were running required the co-operation of their own FA, it was about which referee was selected for which match. I know UEFA would do anything at all for the right place but it's not unfair to suggest Juventus already had more influence with the Italian FA than they do with UEFA.

Anyway I don't remember us copping any real stinkers of decisions to their benefit. Certainly not compared to some of the other ones we've suffered in Europe anyway but that's water under the bridge.

Unread 22-10-2015, 02:10 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Anyway I don't remember us copping any real stinkers of decisions to their benefit. Certainly not compared to some of the other ones we've suffered in Europe anyway but that's water under the bridge.
Losing to Porto still annoys me.

Unread 22-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Sparky***

the fact is i reckon all the most successful clubs are bent to some extent, so nobody wants to start the mud throwing.

Unread 22-10-2015, 05:45 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
the fact is i reckon all the most successful clubs are bent to some extent, so nobody wants to start the mud throwing.
British clubs have lost out to some questionable decisions (Forest, Leeds etc) but I can't think of anything going the other way.

Unread 22-10-2015, 05:46 PM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
British clubs have lost out to some questionable decisions (Forest, Leeds etc) but I can't think of anything going the other way.
Gerrard's dying swan vs Milan?
Closed Thread