United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Different avatar... After so long....
Almost 4 Years mate...Cyprus sunset from a habour.

The Dutch Dream team...given 5 minutes on the stamp of our clubs badge.
It'll be a tough next 4 years.

Fuming.

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Soz lads.

Anything other than prompt backing for LVG given the speculation means the chop. Even Clarkie could spot that. Maybe not.

It's all about timing - Giggs short term if they can't agree a deal with Mourinho straight away but him not facing Chelsea would suit all concerned.

£#%&! all to do with NYSE stock exchange as previously suggested - you only inform them when a plc Board Director leaves and LVG is an employee.

Dire state of affairs.
Indeed. Although I suppose it could mean it still up in the air.

For me though, I doubt he could get the results needed on the 26th and 28th even if it did mean anything.

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:44 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Almost 4 Years mate...Cyprus sunset from a habour.

The Dutch Dream team...given 5 minutes on the stamp of our clubs badge.
It'll be a tough next 4 years.

Fuming.

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:44 PM
ziggyman17

Hopefully he is still in charge saturday.. Schnderlein and herrera to start, Martial up top and a performance like we had at Everton.. We will see which players still are still on his side.. Saturday could be Van Gaals 1990 City Ground moment...

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Hopefully he is still in charge saturday.. Schnderlein and herrera to start, Martial up top and a performance like we had at Everton.. We will see which players still are still on his side.. Saturday could be Van Gaals 1990 City Ground moment...

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think he had to go with that system. Inherited two strikers who simply had to play, at least initially, as well as a couple of no10s. Someone like Van Gaal who does so much preparation was always going likely to plan with a narrow attack for that reason. Could have gone with a diamond midfield but I reckon he knew Rooney and Falcao wouldn't be good at pulling wide so opted for wing-backs.

If we reached the end of the season (in the top four) without much improvement, I'd be suggesting maybe someone should take over a year early. If Pep is available I'd be saying it no matter how well LvG did. But however dull atm, this feels like a panic button situation, which I don't think is ever the answer. In other words, however dull it is, the next move has to be smart.
They think the league is winnable - only £#%&!ing Lychester want to win it and they'll finish 8th. Mourinho in to give players a boost, win it and £#%&! the next two or three years.

It sells shirts, it keeps sponsors (er...commercial partners) happy and it keeps shareholders "reassured" - United's global circus and unprompted brand awareness marches on and from Dorking to Delhi the United family thrives. To dividends and beyond.

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:50 PM
CockOfTheNorth

Quote:

£#%&!ing hope so. Always liked Van Gaal and I think there are bigger problems at the club than him. As others have mentioned, he doesn't necessarily play defensive football; his teams look to control the game and win the ball high up the pitch - unfortunately our team is filled with festering @#%&!s who aren't worthy of a place and can't string a decent attack together to save their lives. Only issue is that he isn't going to be around for much longer anyway due to his retirement so would it be better to just cut it short and look towards a long term successor? £#%&!ing miss the Frogson days

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
They think the league is winnable - only £#%&!ing Lychester want to win it and they'll finish 8th. Mourinho in to give players a boost, win it and £#%&! the next two or three years.

It sells shirts, it keeps sponsors (er...commercial partners) happy and it keeps shareholders "reassured" - United's global circus and unprompted brand awareness marches on and from Dorking to Delhi the United family thrives. To dividends and beyond.
Any acknowledgement of the suggestion that Mou would rather go back to Madrid and United are his back-up option?

Would just about finish Ed off if we dumped LvG and Mou £#%&!ed us off

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

£#%&!ers.

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Any acknowledgement of the suggestion that Mou would rather go back to Madrid and United are his back-up option?

i have thought that might happen. it's not as if we haven't been used to get a better deal before.

if he does come here, i'm calling starting the 'mourinho must be sacked TONIGHT' thread.

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Ethers

Mourinho in to give the players a boost ffs.

We're like a mid table side hovering above the relegation zone bringing in a new manager just to give them a boost to scratch enough points to stay up. We're bringing in a £#%&!ing Sherwood.

No long term planning. A boost ffs. A £#%&!ing boost.

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:

Don't think Madrid are in the mix - pretty sure Mourinho knows now going back somewhere doesn't work. How best to get revenge over Chelsea? Cried like a girl when United gave the job to Moyes.

The same closet Pirlo fan boys will be moist over the Chosen One.

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

We're like a mid table side hovering above the relegation zone bringing in a new manager just to give them a boost to scratch enough points to stay up. We're bringing in a £#%&!ing Sherwood.

The end of United...

I'm not £#%&!ing Around...

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Soz lads.

Anything other than prompt backing for LVG given the speculation means the chop. Even Clarkie could spot that. Maybe not.

It's all about timing - Giggs short term if they can't agree a deal with Mourinho straight away but him not facing Chelsea would suit all concerned.

£#%&! all to do with NYSE stock exchange as previously suggested - you only inform them when a plc Board Director leaves and LVG is an employee.

Dire state of affairs.

Unread 22-12-2015, 10:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

From "he's a genius, we might extend his deal" to "get someone else in to give it a boost" in the space of three matches.

Apparently they got Frogson in for a chat. Unless he's gone fully £#%&!ing senile surely he tried to curb the clown convention?

The Big Man might be better off out of this shower.

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:00 PM
utd99

Quote:

I'm unicorn at heart, pal. Going to be very difficult now. With LvG I always focused on the end game, and I still think with time and given the power to make the big calls this summer we'd have got there. But if not, I wanted someone else who would carry on the building.

I needed that, to feel that United were different from the soulless entities like Real Madrid. Now, it's hard to resist that sense.
There is a difference though mate. Real sack managers for fun. We never would have binned Ancelotti, but two clubs sacking managers for different reasons don't make them clones of each other.

The fact that we sacked Moyes and may end up sacking Van Gaal is circumstance, not indicative of some moralistic shift in the club's ethos, but you absolutely must be proactive if you see things aren't working, because you can't necessarily legislate against bad, but you can against progressively worse.

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
The end of United...

I'm not £#%&!ing Around...
Those are the rules.

No time to build - we want results now so Seeboco Plenty Toffee Inc can become our confectionery partner of choice in Indonesia.

No results and lost the dressing room? Offended the Class of 92? Thats fine, £#%&! off and we'll get a new high profile coach and go again. And again.

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Wez

Quote:
From "he's a genius, we might extend his deal" to "get someone else in to give it a boost" in the space of three matches.

Apparently they got Frogson in for a chat. Unless he's gone fully £#%&!ing senile surely he tried to curb the clown convention?

The Big Man might be better off out of this shower.
That went well first time around

He needs to stay clear and let the club move forward without interference

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:02 PM
Rhodzy

Looking forward to the young players not getting a chance. It's not great atm but the youngsters getting game time is a big plus.
Closed Thread