Ole out 60 56.07%
Ole in 47 43.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2021, 02:28 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This season is fast beginning to remind me of when we signed Falcao, Di Maria, Herrera, Shaw and Blind. We all went into the season giddy as £#%&! before it all came crashing down.

We had all the ingredients but the Chef didn't have a clue what he was doing.
I think that's why the negative reaction from fans has been so immediate the time around. We expected something more. Look at our signings. Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane in one window? Mental. This had to be the season when the parts finally clicked and we could make a genuine challenge. But yet again, we're looking poor and teams seem to love having a go against us. And we've barely played anyone decent yet.

Unread 26-09-2021, 02:35 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Shite performance. It happens

We'd be a point clear now if Bruno hadn't £#%&!ed up his pen as it is we're just level with the leaders

Ole out
I agree and still Ole in even with the notion that we'd huff and puff till around Christmas. But I didn't invisage his tactical naivety to be exposed by Dean £#%&!ing Smith.

I fear Ole is never going to grow the set of balls he needs and it's going to cost him.

Unread 26-09-2021, 02:39 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I think that's why the negative reaction from fans has been so immediate the time around. We expected something more. Look at our signings. Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane in one window? Mental. This had to be the season when the parts finally clicked and we could make a genuine challenge. But yet again, we're looking poor and teams seem to love having a go against us. And we've barely played anyone decent yet.
We had a horrendous end to last season as well. Still fuming we let the dippers off the hook like that, never mind the EL embarrassment.

Ronaldo signing has properly £#%&!ed Ole though. It's rightly raised expectations, and his ineptitude has been brought into sharp focus. A lot of reds are finally seeing the emperor has no clothes on. You can be sure Ronaldo, Bruno, Varane etc. can see it.

And if some clown is about to post an empty platitude from one of the above players, don't £#%&!ing bother.

Unread 26-09-2021, 02:42 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
From 80% in to 70% out in the space of a week huh.

Were there a lot of shy ole outers or? This can't just be down to a couple of home defeats. The manner of the losses?
Expectations are higher because the squad is noticeably stronger with the summer signings. I knew there’d be a midfield issue - who didn’t? - but we seem to be going backwards under Ole now. Last season we played some genuinely attractive football at points but it seems he’s either been sussed out or he’s just run out of ideas.

You can’t keep relying on individuals, we saw at the tail end of last season that Bruno looked absolutely £#%&!ed from basically carrying us for the majority of the season.

We either sack Ole now or at the end of the season. Pointless bringing someone in mid-season when it’s all £#%&!ed anyway. It’s still early enough that we could get away with a change in manager (if the right person was available).

That’s where I’m at. I’m also terrified of us going into the Europa and based on our last few performances, that may well end up happening. I’ll do anything to avoid it. Anything.

Unread 26-09-2021, 02:46 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Expectations are higher because the squad is noticeably stronger with the summer signings. I knew there’d be a midfield issue - who didn’t? - but we seem to be going backwards under Ole now. Last season we played some genuinely attractive football at points but it seems he’s either been sussed out or he’s just run out of ideas.

You can’t keep relying on individuals, we saw at the tail end of last season that Bruno looked absolutely £#%&!ed from basically carrying us for the majority of the season.

We either sack Ole now or at the end of the season. Pointless bringing someone in mid-season when it’s all £#%&!ed anyway. It’s still early enough that we could get away with a change in manager (if the right person was available).

That’s where I’m at. I’m also terrified of us going into the Europa and based on our last few performances, that may well end up happening. I’ll do anything to avoid it. Anything.
Don't worry, to be in the Europa we'd need a few points from the group.

Unread 26-09-2021, 02:55 PM
Neo

The Europa League Final loss has £#%&!ed Ole.

If we’d won that game, and he’d secured his first trophy, it would have bought him time and faith.

As we lost, in such embarrassing and unacceptable fashion, against a nothing club, it immediately ramped the pressure on him coming into this season. I mean, if he failed tactically in a weaker competition, against much weaker opposition, how is he going to fare tactically when it comes to challenging for the Premier League or Champions League?

This pressure has been compounded significantly by the excellent signings the club have made over the summer, and the narrative has understandably shifted from Ole building a very strong team, to the new narrative of a strong team being wasted on an average manager. United supporters would be happy if they were seeing progression in either style of play or results, but this season we’ve seen neither. I’m still Ole In, as I don’t think there’s a strong enough available alternative out there to make a case for immediately sacking him, but he and his staff need to get working seriously on controlling games over the next month, because relying on Ronaldo to keep digging us out of the shit just isn’t going to be good enough.

Unread 26-09-2021, 03:07 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Same. Ronaldo and Varane playing in that would be beyond cringe and would give the abus glee beyond their wildest dreams.

Unread 26-09-2021, 03:08 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

If we’d won that game, and he’d secured his first trophy, it would have bought him time and faith.

As we lost, in such embarrassing and unacceptable fashion, against a nothing club, it immediately ramped the pressure on him coming into this season. I mean, if he failed tactically in a weaker competition, against much weaker opposition, how is he going to fare tactically when it comes to challenging for the Premier League or Champions League?

This pressure has been compounded significantly by the excellent signings the club have made over the summer, and the narrative has understandably shifted from Ole building a very strong team, to the new narrative of a strong team being wasted on an average manager. United supporters would be happy if they were seeing progression in either style of play or results, but this season we’ve seen neither. I’m still Ole In, as I don’t think there’s a strong enough available alternative out there to make a case for immediately sacking him, but he and his staff need to get working seriously on controlling games over the next month, because relying on Ronaldo to keep digging us out of the shit just isn’t going to be good enough.
Basically the above sums up into one post numerous points I’ve tried to make over the last 4-5 months.

Couldn’t understand anyone saying they weren’t that arsed about the europa loss - it wasn’t winning the trophy, it was more evidence of our progress or lack of under this manager.

One thing that he could do to buy himself more time in my book is get a new boot room team behind him. Accept that he’s been getting shit advice from dinosaur coaches and do something brave by appointing some intelligent proven coaches - he needs to take himself out of his comfort zone. Shit leaders are people who are scared to appoint great people for fear they will show them up. Ole’s surrounded by crap and he’s too comfortable or not confident enough to be tested.

Basically, he’s really average as are the team behind him and we need better than that now.

Unread 26-09-2021, 03:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Yep, this is pretty much where I am too.

I don’t think he’ll be sacked any time soon. Only a dreadful run of results will do that and I don’t think we’ll see that. The club have given him a new deal and he’s a cheap option for them, so they won’t bin him unless it’s absolutely necessary.

There’s nobody out there I particularly want either. I don’t want Zidane or Rodgers and talk of Graeme Potter is fanciful.

Unread 26-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Were there a lot of shy ole outers or? This can't just be down to a couple of home defeats. The manner of the losses?
There were loads on the fence saying “Ole in, but…”

Which I took to mean they were just having their hearts vote over their heads.

Unread 26-09-2021, 03:11 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:

Unread 26-09-2021, 03:56 PM
ScarFace

Quote:

Yeah i've been busy since Ronaldo came, so come to check out the feels....shocked.

Ronaldo shouldn't be driven by Eddie the Eagle.

Unread 26-09-2021, 03:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Yeah i've been busy since Ronaldo came, so come to check out the feels....shocked.

Ronaldo shouldn't be driven by Eddie the Eagle.
Sad it has come to this!

Unread 26-09-2021, 04:09 PM
Swagger

When we eventually dump Ole, what CL clubs would hire him if they needed a manager?

Unread 26-09-2021, 04:11 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
When we eventually dump Ole, what CL clubs would hire him if they needed a manager?
Molde and below

Unread 26-09-2021, 04:20 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
Honestly doubt he gets a job in even the championship.

Back to Norway it is at best. Or maybe middle east cash move.

Unread 26-09-2021, 04:52 PM
dinger

He doesn’t have a clue

Unread 26-09-2021, 05:42 PM
windy waffles

He's not long signed a three year correct.

He is going nowhere sadly.

Unread 26-09-2021, 05:48 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He's not long signed a three year correct.

He is going nowhere sadly.
A serious club wouldnt have given him a new deal until next summer.

Earn a new deal. After the Villarreal debacle thats what a serious club would do.

What was the rush? Not like we were in danger of losing him to other clubs.

Unread 26-09-2021, 06:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i see moyesey is having another good season with west ham. return to complete his redemption arc?
I mean, I know this is in jest but just don't. Please
Closed Thread