dunk

Thumbs up Andrew Cole on MUTV...

Being interviewed on the Red Cafe show.

Top red.

'Man United are the Hollywood of football, it's Tinsel town...'

Unread 02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Yep. Also responsible for scoring the most beautiful goal any United side has managed in my lifetime. And on the greatest stage too

Unread 02-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Aloe Blacc

Unread 02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Stubbsy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Yep. Also responsible for scoring the most beautiful goal any United side has managed in my lifetime. And on the greatest stage too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysJ_VtDggpM

£#%&!in love that goal

Unread 02-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Mark Corrigan

Champions league classics now vs Juve in 97.

Love this dodgy box me

Unread 02-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
£#%&!in love that goal
It is a thing of beauty.

Unread 02-09-2009, 11:13 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Fabulous goal.

Fabulous.

Unread 02-09-2009, 11:14 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Thumbs up

Quote:

Agree. What a goal. What football is all about.

Unread 02-09-2009, 11:30 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
It is a thing of beauty.
Isn't it just.

Can still remember the gob smacked look on my Old Fella's face after that. He just sat there shaking his head for ages as they showed the replay

In fact, for pure footballing quality, I don't think we've ever been involved in a better game then that 3-3 at the Camp Nou. Rivaldo was the %@#$&!s that night too

Unread 03-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Isn't it just.

Can still remember the gob smacked look on my Old Fella's face after that. He just sat there shaking his head for ages as they showed the replay

In fact, for pure footballing quality, I don't think we've ever been involved in a better game then that 3-3 at the Camp Nou. Rivaldo was the %@#$&!s that night too

Unread 03-09-2009, 12:20 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Isn't it just.

Proper halcyon days them.

Some of the football we played in those years, played by the teams and players we had, won't ever be matched.Despite what the Arsenal crazed media would have every @#%&! believe.

It's been a £#%&!ing honour to watch.

Unread 03-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Isn't it just.

everytime i thought we'd got away from them that £#%&!er dragged them back into

for players who could hit long range shots with power and precision along the ground he and lothar mattheus seem to stand out

remember rivaldo scoring that fantastic goal on the last day of the season to get Barca into the following yeras champs league

Unread 03-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
everytime i thought we'd got away from them that £#%&!er dragged them back into

for players who could hit long range shots with power and precision along the ground he and lothar mattheus seem to stand out

remember rivaldo scoring that fantastic goal on the last day of the season to get Barca into the following yeras champs league
Did Barca not need to win a game to finish as Champions and Rivaldo was 2 goals behind the leading scorer. On the last game, he scored a hattrick and they won 3-0 to win the league?

Unread 03-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Part 36 Offer

Cole was a very good player for us. He is definitely not a top red though. HTH.

Unread 03-09-2009, 09:09 AM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Did Barca not need to win a game to finish as Champions and Rivaldo was 2 goals behind the leading scorer. On the last game, he scored a hattrick and they won 3-0 to win the league?
i thought it was that they needed to win to get in the Champions League cos they were 5th or something at the time and he dragged em to a 3-2 victory.

i could be wrong there tho??

it was defo a hat-trick he scored and i am sure the last goal was an amazing overhead kick.

top, top player.

Unread 03-09-2009, 09:11 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick henry
i thought it was that they needed to win to get in the Champions League cos they were 5th or something at the time and he dragged em to a 3-2 victory.

it was defo a hat-trick he scored and i am sure the last goal was an amazing overhead kick.

top, top player.

That is correct. They were 2-0 down at home to Valencia (who were in 4th place) and he scored a hat-trick. Amazing.

Unread 03-09-2009, 09:16 AM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
That is correct. They were 2-0 down at home to Valencia (who were in 4th place) and he scored a hat-trick. Amazing.
not a bad little hat-trick is it........................

Unread 03-09-2009, 09:23 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick henry

top, top player.

Unread 03-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Tumescent Throb

Great goal. Decent match. Barcelona had to win or they were out. United got all the space in the world, and would've gone 4-2 up but for a typical corrupt Barcelona linesman flagging Yorke off. We could've had 2 or 3 more goals later in that game cus Barcelona were £#%&!ing shit. Then again, Neville did let Rivaldo perform an overhead kick in the 6yd box and Schmeichel did stand and applaud a tame Rivaldo FK into his £#%&!ing net. No doubt he was practicing for Basler :rolleyes :

Remember Rivaldo diving over Stam for a pen in the 1st game as well, the cheating Barcelona @#%&!.

Unread 03-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Great goal. Decent match. Barcelona had to win or they were out. United got all the space in the world, and would've gone 4-2 up but for a typical corrupt Barcelona linesman flagging Yorke off. We could've had 2 or 3 more goals later in that game cus Barcelona were £#%&!ing shit. Then again, Neville did let Rivaldo perform an overhead kick in the 6yd box and Schmeichel did stand and applaud a tame Rivaldo FK into his £#%&!ing net. No doubt he was practicing for Basler :rolleyes :

Remember Rivaldo diving over Stam for a pen in the 1st game as well, the cheating Barcelona @#%&!.
I'm waiting for your book; 'Barcelona ruined my life'.
Closed Thread