AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Guardiola will be our next manager

Unread 03-10-2021, 08:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I wouldn’t call it a desperation pov.. I’d say we have the best chance of winning the league in years and we have someone who simply isn’t a football manager in charge.

We’ve recruited better. Mourinho wanted to sign Maguire though..

If someone is brought in soon.. you’d like to think they have a more positive mindset than yourself when it comes to the midfield.

Would any top club want Solskjaer as their manager if he left United?
I really don't think we have. You're never getting the required consistency when you've got no midfield. We have a better squad than we have in years, that doesn't mean we have a chance of winning the league.

The second bit in bold is pure conjecture. Fred couldn't get a game under a Mou and took the thick end of a season to get in regularly under Ole, and that was primarily because no one else in there can/will press the opposition. It's a desperately poor set of options and anyone would struggle.

I've got no problem with coherent succession planning with a view to the right replacement taking over come summer if necessary, I'm not with the knee-jerk sacking because someone is available who might get a bit of new manager bounce and might grind us to a trophy before £#%&!ing up everything and leaving us in shit street, which basically describes Conte (look at his reasons for not going to Spurs) and Zidane, imo.

Unread 03-10-2021, 09:05 PM
ryanMUFC

I’m not sure it’s knee-jerk. Probably just being proactive in the sense that a new manager would be given a decent crack at saving the season rather as opposed to being reactive after a battering against Liverpool or City.

There’s no style of play and it doesn’t look like he’s getting the best out of a decent bunch of players.

Once we’ve been played a few of the tough fixtures, it will be more apparent. Hopefully we get the results but if we don’t.. heads will drop.. and it won’t just be the fans.

Unread 03-10-2021, 09:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
I’m not sure it’s knee-jerk. Probably just being proactive in the sense that a new manager would be given a decent crack at saving the season rather as opposed to being reactive after a battering against Liverpool or City.

There’s no style of play and it doesn’t look like he’s getting the best out of a decent bunch of players.

Once we’ve been played a few of the tough fixtures, it will be more apparent. Hopefully we get the results but if we don’t.. heads will drop.. and it won’t just be the fans.
Knee-jerk.

Unread 03-10-2021, 09:27 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Would any top club want Solskjaer as their manager if he left United?
I doubt any club in the PL would, nevermind a top club.

Unread 03-10-2021, 10:08 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Guardiola will be our next manager
Ha ha ha ha!! That bald fraud won't go anywhere unless he has unlimited funds and a team that's nailed on yo win the league. That's not us.

Unread 03-10-2021, 10:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Ha ha ha ha!! That bald fraud won't go anywhere unless he has unlimited funds and a team that's nailed on yo win the league. That's not us.
Yo for real

Unread 03-10-2021, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I doubt any club in the PL would, nevermind a top club.
He might get the obligatory three months at Watford?

Unread 04-10-2021, 01:58 AM
Part 36 Offer

Don't want this despicable @#%&! anywhere near Old Trafford

The comments re Ole btw

Unread 04-10-2021, 06:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Yep, he might actually have to do some work here.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:39 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

You are but you’ve lost me.
No I liked the hotel analogy - just felt it needed some refinement.

I drafted this for you as an alternative pal with some drafting notes for you to work on:

Think of a chauffeur driven car - the car is a nearly new white Porsche Cayenne - 5 door, heated seats throughout, tinted glass, seat specific air conditioning control, cruise and near collision alerts etc. Basically the works. There are better cars out there but it still feels top of its game.

The chauffeur is a lad called lets say Oliver who has recently traded up from a BMW M class 5 series. Again a decent runner albeit not great in the snow and to be fair, Oliver ran his BMW into the ground last year - made a lot of the right calls mind, picked up the right jobs and managed to build up a cash reserve that allowed him to lease the Porsche. He did miss out on a very lucrative airport job though because he decided to try and do the run on very low fuel and ended up breaking down 1mile outside Ringway. The silly #@&%!. Very very frustrating [This bit could do with some work]

The lease company didn't seem too pissed off and gave him the new car anyway based on generally encouraging results. But Oliver hasn't really taken to the new car that well. He finds the handling tricky and the gear shifts clunky which means the car sometimes stalls or he's just late for events. It's like Oliver respects the car but the car doesn't respect Oliver [Ryan - again please help with this bit].

This means that a lot of his loyal clients have begun to get a bit pissed off with him. They still like chatting to him about his car which he calls 'his boys' but they're beginning to find his grinning £#%&!ing bonce irritating. He's constantly late and/or doesn't turn up and his excuses are statements like, 'well that's chauffeuring'.

He has a couple of mates who help him out from time to time and they're no better. Both act like they've had lobotomies. People think he should be a better driver by now whereas the car more recently, has actually been on limp mode. Lots of people have different ideas for why its on limp mode but the thing is, Oliver hasn't really noticed. He knows there's some kind of a problem with it but still insists it's just chauffeuring and has nothing to do with a slow puncture that people from across the £#%&!ing road can even see. And what's more, he has a spare tyre that he insists not calling upon because he thinks its a space saving spare rather than the real deal. But if his neon grill light ever flickers then he's on it like a flash [Ryan this is a reference to Pogba - by all means improve this as you see fit].

But the limp mode means he's limping along and his clients are getting restless and the car might start to give up too....

Obvs a first draft and needs quite a bit of work. Keen that you edit/amend as necessary pal.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:44 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
No I liked the hotel analogy - just felt it needed some refinement.

I drafted this for you as an alternative pal with some drafting notes for you to work on:

Think of a chauffeur driven car - the car is a nearly new white Porsche Cayenne - 5 door, heated seats throughout, tinted glass, seat specific air conditioning control, cruise and near collision alerts etc. Basically the works. There are better cars out there but it still feels top of its game.

The chauffeur is a lad called lets say Oliver who has recently traded up from a BMW M class 5 series. Again a decent runner albeit not great in the snow and to be fair, Oliver ran his BMW into the ground last year - made a lot of the right calls mind, picked up the right jobs and managed to build up a cash reserve that allowed him to lease the Porsche. He did miss out on a very lucrative airport job though because he decided to try and do the run on very low fuel and ended up breaking down 1mile outside Ringway. The silly #@&%!. Very very frustrating [This bit could do with some work]

The lease company didn't seem too pissed off and gave him the new car anyway based on generally encouraging results. But Oliver hasn't really taken to the new car that well. He finds the handling tricky and the gear shifts clunky which means the car sometimes stalls or he's just late for events. It's like Oliver respects the car but the car doesn't respect Oliver [Ryan - again please help with this bit].

This means that a lot of his loyal clients have begun to get a bit pissed off with him. They still like chatting to him about his car which he calls 'his boys' but they're beginning to find his grinning £#%&!ing bonce irritating. He's constantly late and/or doesn't turn up and his excuses are statements like, 'well that's chauffeuring'.

He has a couple of mates who help him out from time to time and they're no better. Both act like they've had lobotomies. People think he should be a better driver by now whereas the car more recently, has actually been on limp mode. Lots of people have different ideas for why its on limp mode but the thing is, Oliver hasn't really noticed. He knows there's some kind of a problem with it but still insists it's just chauffeuring and has nothing to do with a slow puncture that people from across the £#%&!ing road can even see. And what's more, he has a spare tyre that he insists not calling upon because he thinks its a space saving spare rather than the real deal. But if his neon grill light ever flickers then he's on it like a flash [Ryan this is a reference to Pogba - by all means improve this as you see fit].

But the limp mode means he's limping along and his clients are getting restless and the car might start to give up too....

Obvs a first draft and needs quite a bit of work. Keen that you edit/amend as necessary pal.
Not sure you can get a manual Cayenne?

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:51 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Not sure you can get a manual Cayenne?
Fair point. Could change it for paddle shift? Up to Ryan at the end of the day.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:52 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Fair point. Could change it for paddle shift? Up to Ryan at the end of the day.
Apart from that it was pretty engrossing. What happens if the car is £#%&!ed? Hopefully under warranty.

Unread 04-10-2021, 09:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Obvs a first draft and needs quite a bit of work.

*lifts bonnet*

*sucks teeth*

Unread 05-10-2021, 12:31 AM
d_knight

Wtf is this?
Grade 5 English Composition?
Porsche cayenne? BMW 5 series?
Dafuq.....

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:02 PM
saffers

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:06 PM
AK14

Do it…

Although I reckon the board are hoping Poch gets the sack soon.

I’d rather Conte tbh.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:06 PM
Pop

May aswell. Save the club from appointing Steve Bruce anyway.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:07 PM
Vedder

Let’s be honest even if we had conte we’d still be shit. Everything we try doesn’t work. It’s like we’re £#%&!ing cursed
Closed Thread