United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Whalefish

Why do folk automatically assume if Gabby leaves it's because of the club. He's got 18months left on his current deal and has made no noises about signing an extension. Not once.

I was told when he first signed not to get too fond of the lad as he wouldn't stick around. Not the sort. Looks like the lad who told me that was spot on.

Oh he's also one of the few defenders that we have who other clubs would want. We can't even give Tweetie away.

Gabby's a great defender but he's dreadful going forwards and considering our style of play I know who I'd like as first choice. If that upsets Gabby, tough.

Unread 04-01-2007, 07:21 PM
£#%&! KFC

no one's saying Heinze WILL be sold....but I do think we will get far more for him than Silvestre and IF we sign Bale then I can't see Heinze accpeting being joint second choice left-back, he can't be happy at losing his place to Evra when he knows a lot of other clubs would make him first choice left back

I really hope we keep Heinze, but I have to agree his form has dropped badly and we play much better going forward with Evra in the team

maybe we could just bring Bale on to take free-kicks as he scores with every one he takes apparently

Unread 04-01-2007, 07:25 PM
armchair

tweetie to lyon maybe - hoolyhoop wanted him at pool back in the day

Unread 04-01-2007, 07:28 PM
tatty

Heinze and Evra are almost opposites when it comes to their weaknesses/strengths and if either went then it would be a loss.

If Heinze goes then Silvestre will have to stay as the more physical teams will target Evras weaknesses in the tackle/air.

Unread 04-01-2007, 07:28 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Why do folk automatically assume if Gabby leaves it's because of the club. He's got 18months left on his current deal and has made no noises about signing an extension. Not once.

I was told when he first signed not to get too fond of the lad as he wouldn't stick around. Not the sort. Looks like the lad who told me that was spot on.

Oh he's also one of the few defenders that we have who other clubs would want. We can't even give Tweetie away.

Gabby's a great defender but he's dreadful going forwards and considering our style of play I know who I'd like as first choice. If that upsets Gabby, tough.
Hear anything about Uniteds Bids for Bale?

Unread 04-01-2007, 07:57 PM
£#%&! KFC

yeah I agree....after all signing Ronaldo and Rooney really impeded their development....silly @#%&!

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Ronaldo was signed a year early lest he be sold elsewhere. Similar with Rooney - shortly after we'd signed Alan Smith. Bit confused at the idea of holding off on signing young players til later bearing in mind the criticism of delaying on Carrick, for prime example. United often let players develop at other clubs before moving in with huge bids, but Bale wants getting right now imo. £7m seems fair enough, especially as he's already an International, and especially compared to Arsenal's £5m + add ons Walcott deal.

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

agreed, they must think he's good enough now if they are prepared to splash out £7million on him, if we wait we will only lose out to another club which is what definitely would have happened with Ronaldo and £7m is peanuts to us....or at least it should be

but then again according to Johnny Gobshite if we sign him now we will only be 'impeding him''

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:27 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
Yes, forgot to mention that about Rooney and Ronaldo.

Bale is only 17 though, Carrick was well into his twenties and had been playing first team football for years when he was available. I just think we could wreck the lad's development by bringing him in as backup for Evra (and Heinze (for now at least) and Silvestre?) He needs to play a few full seasons I think so he can be nutured and play a whole season of games rather than Carling Cup and reserves.

Evra is our first choice left back and the substitute defender is normally versatile (i.e. Brown, Silvestre). Although I suppose this is with one eye on next seasons Champions League requirements.

Another classic post from £#%&! KFC. Surprised his keyboards not short circuited with drool.

So you think playing for Manchester United reserves benefits a player more than playing regular first team football?
Has the signing him and loaning him out situation been discussed?

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

What if he's good enough to get in the team though? rest Giggs and push Evra on (or use him as a wing-back sometimes). Keep Ronaldo on the right and hold off on buying a winger until a better option than Nani comes along. Not that I know if Nani is any good; is he any good?

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:53 PM
£#%&! KFC

Dear Johnny Gobshite

in what parallel universe is Silvestre ''normally reliable''

and isn't nutured what they usually do to cats...although I wish some @#%&! would neuter you

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:57 PM
£#%&! KFC

in your own words Johnny Gobshite..''Evra is our first choice left back and the substitute defender is NORMALLY VERSATILE (i.e. Brown, Silvestre).''

do you mean another Silvestre then...tool

''someone ban this noob''...what a #@&%!

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:59 PM
King Schlong

Johnny you seem a decent enough lad but asking for people to be banned is extremely gay .

I just had to say that .

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:59 PM
£#%&! KFC

it sure is

he'll be taking his ball home next

Unread 04-01-2007, 09:03 PM
£#%&! KFC

arf...reliable or versatile same thing @#%&!head

and what about nutured....you got any cats

you utter noob

Oh, and the banning was obviously tongue in cheek....too late you have been outed

Unread 04-01-2007, 09:09 PM
MUFC One Love

Evra has proven me wrong big time, I think he's making Heinze look clumsy because he's so natural with the ball etc. But I also think Heinze hasn't recovered from his injury and playing at the World Cup unfit. I'd still rather have Heinze ahead of Evra at Anfield/Stamford Bridge.

I'd only like to see Heinze go if it was part of the Hargreaves deal. And as for Bale I'm with Johnny on it, he would need to be given games or it's pointless.

Unread 04-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Don't really want to get involved. But you're only allowed to attempt to debate properly if you can already debate properly

Unread 04-01-2007, 09:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

the way we play now is more suited to Evra and I don't think Heinze can be happy at only being used in certain games although away to the Vermin, the Liars and Chelski I'd rather see Heinze than Evra

Unread 04-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

The problems are these:

Silvestre is an accident waiting to happen.

Wes is a misunderstanding - or an injury - waiting to happen.

Heinze is a transfer waiting to happen; he won't be happy just playing a bit part.

Evra is an attack waiting to happen

If Silvestre can't be made use of in the market, then use/take the money for Heinze and buy Bale.

Unread 04-01-2007, 09:19 PM
£#%&! KFC

shame Bale ain't a right back really
Closed Thread