United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-07-2013, 06:29 AM
believe

Thumbs up Marouane Fellaini

A positive thread.

I think he'll be a great signing for us particularly if he used a defensive cover for Carrick.

Rafael - Rio - Vidiv - Evra
Carrick - Fellaini
Zaha - Kagawa* - Nani
RvP
This is based on my growing concern that Rooney is finally off.

Unread 15-07-2013, 06:38 AM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
A positive thread.

I think he'll be a great signing for us particularly if he used a defensive cover for Carrick.

Rafael - Rio - Vidiv - Evra
Carrick - Fellaini
Zaha - Kagawa* - Nani
RvP
This is based on my growing concern that Rooney is finally off.
Rooney wont play for Utd again imo.

ill take that line up

Unread 15-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

I'll take it

Unread 15-07-2013, 06:48 AM
believe

That line up is pretty solid but it's beyond that where we will struggle, especially on four fronts.

It also looks like we are not in desperate need of a striker (unless that's where he intends to play Fellaini )

Unread 15-07-2013, 06:54 AM
rafabio

That line up will be pretty solid in premier league and good enough against most. Probably the best starting 11 (either with kagawa or with rooney) in england. Although they will be up against very static midfields most weeks in premier league. It will be shown up in europe. Carrick and felliani aren't that much mobile and it will be pretty scary when they come up against xavi/iniesta or schweinsteiger/thiago or modric/alonso or gundogan/bender type midfields.

btw on rooney, the interviews given by moyes and woody on rooney looked very negative. Moyes saying he will need rooney when RVP gets injured (effectively saying he is back up to RVP) and Woody saying they are not looking for contract renewal for rooney now before adding maybe next summer... I think they are waiting for a good offer. But with PSG getting cavani, the options might be reduced to only City and Chelsea unless Madrid get desperate towards the end of the window.

Unread 15-07-2013, 06:58 AM
jem

Quote:
That line up is pretty solid but it's beyond that where we will struggle, especially on four fronts.

It also looks like we are not in desperate need of a striker (unless that's where he intends to play Fellaini )
cleverley, valencia, ando, young, evans, smalling, jones, cheech, wellers, buttner.....

no worries.

fellaini can £#%&! off, though.

Unread 15-07-2013, 07:10 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
cleverley, valencia, ando, young, evans, smalling, jones, cheech, wellers, buttner.....

no worries.

fellaini can £#%&! off, though.
until proven otherwise, only one of those players is even worthy of a start atm.

edit: two.

Unread 15-07-2013, 07:12 AM
rafabio

Quote:
until proven otherwise, only one of those players is even worthy of a start atm.

edit: two.
who? jones and evans?

Unread 15-07-2013, 07:25 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
who? jones and evans?
three

edit: only two really because you really wouldn't want Evans and Jones starting together at CB. Cheech is the only other player I'd feel comfortable with starting on top of that.

Unread 15-07-2013, 07:37 AM
rafabio

Quote:
three

edit: only two really because you really wouldn't want Evans and Jones starting together at CB. Cheech is the only other player I'd feel comfortable with starting on top of that.
I don't like when Cheech starts. Not only he is ineffective when he starts a match, we also lose the super sub option.

Not confident in Jones or Evans at CB either although that may be because Jones has been £#%&!ed around a lot by fergie.

Unread 15-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Rah Digga

Are we gonna buy Tony Hibbert to launch the ball to the £#%&!er as well

Unread 15-07-2013, 08:22 AM
hopkins

why's everyone putting our new signing from the championship in the first team?
i know timid tony can be frustrating, but is he really *that* bad?

Unread 15-07-2013, 08:25 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
why's everyone putting our new signing from the championship in the first team?
i know timid tony can be frustrating, but is he really *that* bad?
Last season, yes. I think Zaha will be one where when we can't leave him out after he's come on as sub and shown more invention in 20 minutes than Valencia did in the last 12 months. He's gonna be a good 'en, Big Wilf

Unread 15-07-2013, 08:30 AM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Last season, yes. I think Zaha will be one where when we can't leave him out after he's come on as sub and shown more invention in 20 minutes than Valencia did in the last 12 months. He's gonna be a good 'en, Big Wilf
yeah, looked very direct, high hopes for the lad.

Unread 15-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Denis Irwell

hope you're right mate - he does strike me as a bit like Nani.......which is no bad thing but I reckon we'll get a bit of similar hit/miss performances.

Unread 15-07-2013, 08:31 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
yeah, looked very direct, high hopes for the lad.
seen a similar post about Valencia two seasons ago

Unread 15-07-2013, 08:32 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
seen a similar post about Valencia two seasons ago
big bad tone, RIP

Unread 15-07-2013, 08:34 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
hope you're right mate - he does strike me as a bit like Nani.......which is no bad thing but I reckon we'll get a bit of similar hit/miss performances.
As is the case with most tricky wingers tbf, it's in the nature of their game to try stuff/risk a trick etc. Some days it won't quite happen. I'd sooner that than have someone on the right similar to how Valencia played last season. I was a big defender of him before that, but £#%&! me- he was shite last year bar a game or two. Hopefully he can get back to how he was a couple of years ago...

Unread 15-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Pop

I see Chelsea are signing Daniele De Rossi for £11m.

How much would this hairy monobrowed @#%&! cost?

Unread 15-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
As is the case with most tricky wingers tbf, it's in the nature of their game to try stuff/risk a trick etc. Some days it won't quite happen. I'd sooner that than have someone on the right similar to how Valencia played last season. I was a big defender of him before that, but £#%&! me- he was shite last year bar a game or two. Hopefully he can get back to how he was a couple of years ago...
I reckon both Valencia and Young have been encouraged to run at the fullback, stop, pass back to Evra/Rafael. Keep possession No 1 priority. £#%&!in awful to watch but coaches like possession. I'm firmly in the Nani camp and think you've got to buy a ticket to win. If you don't try it on you're not going to pull something out when you need it.

Zaha has an odd style about him - he always looks as though he's poked the ball beyond his own reach but seems to have enough stretch to keep the ball or even shoot when the chance looks lost.
Closed Thread