United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2018, 10:56 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
For a class striker it would have been.
I've seen all of our top strikers miss similar down the years and plenty more besides, even when at the very peak of their powers. The approach play in that move was something to behold and only bodes well for a future terrifying defences all over Europe.

And for those of you who don't think it's an added extra to be a homegrown local lad, well what can I say that you'd actually understand?

Who feels it, knows it

Unread 08-11-2018, 04:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
you dont support utd
And what is this based on?

Unread 10-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
for any kind of striker.

he has scored some wonderful goals, but that is an embarrassing miss. robbie fowler would have scored it.
In fairness, Before he was a fat @#%&!, Fowler is one of the best finishers I've seen. No one in the league is at that level.

Unread 10-11-2018, 02:43 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

And for those of you who don't think it's an added extra to be a homegrown local lad, well what can I say that you'd actually understand?

Who feels it, knows it

Unread 10-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Stickman

Not as big a sitter as I expected from seeing it after reading the comments on here. The problem is more to do with the touches he took.

Unread 10-11-2018, 09:58 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Not as big a sitter as I expected from seeing it after reading the comments on here. The problem is more to do with the touches he took.
A good save by the keeper imv

The Bournemouth one was a sitter

Unread 10-11-2018, 10:06 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
A good save by the keeper imv

The Bournemouth one was a sitter

Still think a top striker would have buried that

Unread 10-11-2018, 10:31 PM
sa7

People make the point about how all of our great strikers missed chances like that. The point being, you would have put your house on the likes of Van Nistelrooy putting that away. Were you honestly confident in Rashford finishing it?

Don’t get me wrong, I like the lad and think he can have a big part to play for us. But there’s some glaring weaknesses in his game which need proper surgery if he’s going to reach his potential.

Unread 10-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Oh, probably - just don’t think it was as glaring a miss as some making out

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
People make the point about how all of our great strikers missed chances like that. The point being, you would have put your house on the likes of Van Nistelrooy putting that away. Were you honestly confident in Rashford finishing it?

Don’t get me wrong, I like the lad and think he can have a big part to play for us. But there’s some glaring weaknesses in his game which need proper surgery if he’s going to reach his potential.
Can’t honestly say yes but as above, not sure it was quite “sitter” category. More of a concern after the Bournemouth miss is his tendency to fluff good chances. Honestly don’t have any conviction that he’ll become a top striker but hopefully an advance on Welbz.

Unread 10-11-2018, 11:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Martial's miss at the end of the Everton game was worse IMO.

Unread 11-11-2018, 12:43 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Yes because they wouldn’t have given themselves a better angle for starters.

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:31 PM
The Watcher

State of this thread btw

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:32 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

State of this thread btw
The big man is back

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:33 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

State of this thread btw

Watchers and Utd back
What a time to be alive

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Tiberian

His link up play is levels above Lukaku, the ball goes to his feet he can get it under control, lay it off, turn and is immediately off. What he can't do it fight for balls blasted in the air at him and turn them into something. Play football and he can play CF and give us different options than Lukaku that actually allow the others around him to perform as well.

His finishing needs work but it is only one part of his job.

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:41 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

and you'd hope Ole knows a bit about that that he can help him with it.

Unread 22-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:

State of this thread btw

Unread 22-12-2018, 07:26 PM
MartialLaw

Fantastic performance today, let's hope it really was a case of mourinhio holding this lad back

Unread 22-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

State of this thread btw
My
£#%&!ing
Guy

Merry Xmas big man

Reds know...

Unread 22-12-2018, 07:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
His link up play is levels above Lukaku, the ball goes to his feet he can get it under control, lay it off, turn and is immediately off. What he can't do it fight for balls blasted in the air at him and turn them into something. Play football and he can play CF and give us different options than Lukaku that actually allow the others around him to perform as well.

Though it is a just slightly important part
Closed Thread