Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 29-08-2023, 05:41 PM
NedKelly

Long covid really taking its toll now.

Unread 29-08-2023, 05:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
It was only a matter of times before his weetabix muscles crumbled.

We’d have had the Korean fella if the takeover was done.

We’ll look back on this summer at so many missed opportunities to rebuild the squad because those parasites clung on.
Yep. All that talk that a takeover wouldn’t have affected this summer. Bullshit! We’re seeing Glazernomics in full effect now as we’re struggling to get a midfielder in unless we can shift someone else.

We signed 3 players ffs, not 8. We’ve shifted plenty in wages and numbers and we’re still begging borrowing and stealing.

August and we’re patched up already.

Unread 29-08-2023, 05:44 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. All that talk that a takeover wouldn’t have affected this summer. Bullshit! We’re seeing Glazernomics in full effect now as we’re struggling to get a midfielder in unless we can shift someone else.

We signed 3 players ffs, not 8. We’ve shifted plenty in wages and numbers and we’re still begging borrowing and stealing.

August and we’re patched up already.
This.

Even the players the journos pretend we are after now are terrible.

Depressing.

Unread 29-08-2023, 05:58 PM
jem

the @#%&!s haven't put a single red cent into united out of their own pockets.

Unread 29-08-2023, 09:46 PM
Stickman

I wouldn’t be that sad to see him go (if replaced )

Think we overrate him a bit.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I wouldn’t be that sad to see him go (if replaced )

Think we overrate him a bit.
Casemiro and Varane are high quality players. However their best years are far behind them and Madrid have had 100 million out of us for the both of them and used it to buy arguably the best midfielder of his generation.

There's the difference in the policy of the two clubs.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Casemiro and Varane are high quality players. However their best years are far behind them and Madrid have had 100 million out of us for the both of them and used it to buy arguably the best midfielder of his generation.

I said as much when we were buying Casemiro last year, I was wrong apparently.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:41 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I said as much when we were buying Casemiro last year, I was wrong apparently.
You are wrong. Casemiro is our best player.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He isn’t.

And if he were, that’s not the flex you think it is.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Bruno is our best player and it's not even close at this stage.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:51 PM
armchair

Absolute god of a player but once the chronic injuries started Real showed no mercy and cut him loose.

They sign young players and get ten years out of them. We're lucky to get 10 games. (slight exaggeration was for effect, sue me.)

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Grim but true....

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:57 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Bruno is our best player and it's not even close at this stage.
Bruno is our second best player.

Eriksen and Mount could do a decent job filling in for Bruno. No one can get anywhere near replacing Case.

I'm not even sure you could buy anyone to get anywhere near. He's irreplaceable.

Unread 30-08-2023, 01:54 AM
Neo

Thumbs down

Quote:

I said as much at the time.

Real Madrid and Bayern are the two most effective selling clubs in Europe. If they’re offloading a player, it’s for a reason, and for the buying club it’s rarely a good one.

What Real and Bayern rely on is a sucker to pay big money for one of their cast-offs so they can re-invest in the next big thing. Enter United. At this rate we’ll be bagging Bellingham in about 15 years when he fancies a nice bumper payday prior to retirement.

Unread 12-11-2023, 03:24 AM
westcoastvan

Has there been some reported falling out between Ten Hag and Varane, or a soft injury?

He is/or was, one of the best center backs in the world, so I find it odd that he's being benched for Maguire for...tactical reasons???

Unread 12-11-2023, 03:32 AM
Stickman

Reading between the lines you’d think something has occurred.

He’s never really been back up when fit at any point so it’s strange to say the least seeing a player (passed their best or not) of his pedigree being behind Jonny Evans for a start.

Our squad management is incredibly unpredictable.

Unread 12-11-2023, 03:50 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

He’s never really been back up when fit at any point so it’s strange to say the least seeing a player (passed their best or not) of his pedigree being behind Jonny Evans for a start.

Think the writing was on the wall after he retired from the national team. Priorities himself. Another one taking advantage of the M16 retirement facilities. Long gone are the days when they played through the pain barrier. If they don’t fancy it, they invent some bogus niggle. Their choice, their decision. Casemiro similar. Injured for the Brazil squad but suddenly recovered to play. Then declared injured on his return to United

Unread 12-11-2023, 04:43 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:

I see, nothing official leaked then. It is odd.

Hate to see him go to Saudi by seasons end....but with his frequent injuries, and soon to be 31, maybe it's time to cash in for a younger CB.

Unread 12-11-2023, 10:41 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan

Hate to see him go to Saudi by seasons end....but with his frequent injuries, and soon to be 31, maybe it's time to cash in for a younger CB.
Yes, hopefully, he's gone before then. Him and Cas.

Unread 12-11-2023, 11:11 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan

Is there such a thing as an official leak?