United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2023, 11:27 PM
Mr_Ed

He played very well yesterday. Fact. However we need consistency please.

He can boss a Notts Forest but let’s see it against Arsenal and the other ‘big teams’

Unread 28-08-2023, 12:03 AM
Medlock

His movement was incredible yesterday. Often found myself just watching him. Whever he went the ball went. A United great. It's unbelievable to me that so many don't seem to rate him.

Unread 28-08-2023, 12:25 AM
Stickman

I think it’s because he is quite inconsistent, personally.

He drops some absolute stinkers from time to time.

Unread 28-08-2023, 11:01 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I think it’s because he is quite inconsistent, personally.

He drops some absolute stinkers from time to time.
Feel like largely because more often than not , atleast in seasons gone by he was the only creative output. When most things go through him( goals or assist) when he does have an off game it’s more visible to see. Take The Scottish Player when he came on. He did nothing, a few misplaced passes. Because people know he’s a bit rubbish not a lot gets said.

One for the ones who love stats, he’s already topping the expected assists board this season .

He topped it last season too. Ahead of the likes of de bruyne. It’s not his fault he has a bunch of prats who can’t finish Infront of him.

Obviously “expected “ stats don’t really tell you much , point being , he creates a lot more than most people think. He would have many more assists to his name if he had players who could finish around him.

Seems to have a better game when mount didn’t play either. Hope mount isn’t ruining the balance of this team.

Unread 29-08-2023, 07:09 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
12 times in 3 and half years doesn't seem something worth shouting from the rooftops.

Unread 29-08-2023, 07:38 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
12 times in 3 and half years doesn't seem something worth shouting from the rooftops.
You’d think but the fact no one else has done it would suggest otherwise

Unread 29-08-2023, 08:08 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You’d think but the fact no one else has done it would suggest otherwise
Thought Kane would be up there

Unread 29-08-2023, 08:22 AM
Mr_Ed

According to the internet, Paul Scholes scored or assisted 12+ times every season between 1998-2005. Albeit in a much better side.

Not 12 times in about 95 league games.

Unread 29-08-2023, 08:31 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
According to the internet, Paul Scholes scored or assisted 12+ times every season between 1998-2005. Albeit in a much better side.

Think the stat means scored and assisted in the same game

Unread 29-08-2023, 08:31 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Maybe I am reading it wrong but I think it means in the same game.

Unread 29-08-2023, 08:40 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:

No wonder you think he's inconsistent if you've managed to miss 67 of his goals and assists since joining.

Unread 29-08-2023, 08:42 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Maybe I am reading it wrong but I think it means in the same game.
Never forget that 12-0 game

Unread 29-08-2023, 09:06 AM
Mr_Ed

Shit, I’ve had a mare here.

Unread 29-08-2023, 09:10 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Shit, I’ve had a mare here.
Congratulations, what’s her name?

Unread 29-08-2023, 09:23 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Feel like largely because more often than not , atleast in seasons gone by he was the only creative output. When most things go through him( goals or assist) when he does have an off game it’s more visible to see. Take The Scottish Player when he came on. He did nothing, a few misplaced passes. Because people know he’s a bit rubbish not a lot gets said.

One for the ones who love stats, he’s already topping the expected assists board this season .

He topped it last season too. Ahead of the likes of de bruyne. It’s not his fault he has a bunch of prats who can’t finish Infront of him.

Obviously “expected “ stats don’t really tell you much , point being , he creates a lot more than most people think. He would have many more assists to his name if he had players who could finish around him.

Seems to have a better game when mount didn’t play either. Hope mount isn’t ruining the balance of this team.
I get all of that and don’t dismiss it.

His achilles seems to be not knowing when to simplify things away from home. Trying to make things happen every time or close to every time you get the ball isn’t smart when it’s nip tuck and the opposition are starting to get a foothold on the game.

Unread 03-09-2023, 11:48 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Yet another game where this whining £#%&!nugget completely failed to show up against half-decent opposition.

Spends most of his time rolling around the floor moaning at the ref with one arm up in the air after getting dispossessed.

Captain, my arse.

Unread 03-09-2023, 11:54 PM
armchair

Completely failed to marshall the defense.

Unread 03-09-2023, 11:55 PM
Medlock

Unread 03-09-2023, 11:57 PM
ZiggyStardust

He doesn’t turn up in big away matches
It’s just the reality

He works hard but he’s so physically weak and lacking in athleticism that he’s a liability without the ball away from home against the big boys

After the international break ETH has to be get the balance right in midfield as it’s killing us atm
Closed Thread