United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:31 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
City are going to splurge..

Gvardiol will arrive. Raphinha mooted. They’ll probably sign some Worldy midfielder from somewhere.

Leao..?
…and all for about £50 million.

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:37 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:

Gvardiol will arrive. Raphinha mooted. They’ll probably sign some Worldy midfielder from somewhere.

Leao..?
Yes Gvardiol looks like a top player - but they already feel v defence heavy? Kovacic + Raphinha feel like big downgrades on Gundogan + Mahrez. Useful if something happened to the guy up top ..

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:43 PM
dunk

Then Alvarez will just step in and bag tap ins instead.

They’ll be expecting more from him and Foden this year.

They’ve got to shift Cancelo and Laporte yet. They’ll probably need a couple of FB’s tbf.

Unread 19-07-2023, 09:49 PM
AK14

Quote:

Leao..?
Yeah I reckon something big is coming but who?

I thought they’d be all over rice and Bellingham tbh.

Unread 19-07-2023, 09:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah I reckon something big is coming but who?

I thought they’d be all over rice and Bellingham tbh.
£100m on Gvardiol is pretty big tbf

Can't really think of who they might buy, FDJ maybe Veratti? Feels like a winger or two must be on the cards.

Unread 19-07-2023, 09:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
£100m on Gvardiol is pretty big tbf

Can't really think of who they might buy, FDJ maybe Veratti? Feels like a winger or two must be on the cards.
I didn’t realise it was 100m

He looks good but that seems a bit steep no?

Unread 19-07-2023, 09:53 PM
dunk

Every price for evey player seems a bit steep at this point tbf.

Unread 19-07-2023, 09:55 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Certain poignancy in middling Saudi club (not one of the PIF financed ones) purchasing the Scouse brand for 50 mil all in between Gerrard & Henderson, replete w using club song on marketing videos.

City selling Mahrez a strange one. Continue to decimate their squad. No Gundogan, Mahrez .. no KDB to start the season .. Kyle Walker huge odds on to move to Bayern (presumably with mate from Spurs).

Sign a striker and title challenge definitely on.
Mahrez didn’t get on in the FA Cup or CL finals - he’ probably wants out.

Unread 20-07-2023, 12:45 AM
Sparky***

Unread 20-07-2023, 12:54 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Mahrez didn’t get on in the FA Cup or CL finals - he’ probably wants out.
Yeah it seems a number of them do. B Silva clearly doesn't want to be there; Guardiola was talking about him leaving last summer, then in January Silva came out with "I won't hide that my goal in the coming years, if something good happens elsewhere, will probably be to move to a new project.". MEN + others have widely reported him amping up to move on in recent months. At this point presume they'll be trying to force him to stay however as no one else can play right wing at this point.

Walker's 1/3 to go to Bayern. KDB is a 32 year old all-action midfielder who will have had no pre season and starts next year injured. City have always been about small, managed changes but does feel like last seasons exploits may be a natural tipping point for them. They're going to feel those minutes from last season. Won't be at all surprised if we see something similar (if not quite so pronounced) to Liverpool's reversion this season from them next year. They're lucky they have a very easy start to the season.

Unread 05-09-2023, 09:50 AM
AK14

“Not money motivated”

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:03 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Jordan Henderson thinks he can change Saudi Arabia
Does he actually expect anyone to believe that shite

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:13 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Yes, I am sure one of the reasons for going, and the way he sold it his wife, was so he could learn to "respect the religion and culture..."

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:17 AM
Ethers

Quote:
What an absolute cretin.

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Just admit it, you fool. People will respect that more than pretending you two shits about anything else.

Didn’t Ruben Neves say somethin along the lines of his family being his career and he’s just set them up for life.

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:24 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Just admit it, you fool. People will respect that more than pretending you two shits about anything else.

Didn’t Ruben Neves say somethin along the lines of his family being his career and he’s just set them up for life.
Yes and fair play to him. Actually got a lot of respect for saying that.

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:27 AM
guerreiro

Would have more respect if he turned full heel and apologized to the Saudis for supporting the gays.

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Yes and fair play to him. Actually got a lot of respect for saying that.
Exactly. It’s the one part of the move that everyone can at least understand. To take that money and then pretend that’s not the reason is beyond insulting and embarrassing.

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:31 AM
Stickman

Hendersons an absolute shit weasel over this.

nothing surer than Southgate still picking him though

Unread 05-09-2023, 02:09 PM
pedr0

he comes across a right @#%&! in that interview, pathetic.

Quote:
All I’ve ever tried to do is help. And when I’ve been asked for help, I’ve gone above and beyond to help. I’ve worn the laces. I’ve worn the armband.
couldn't be any more obvious that these were empty, performative gestures. wearing an armband is "going above and beyond"
Closed Thread