United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2023, 05:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Here's me thinking he was going for the year-round sunshine.

I understand his motivations. Doesn't make it right.

Just shows how empty these celebrities are when it comes to their vocal support for social issues. Just like Lebron and countless others, everything changes when the cheques are being written.
Like cam Smith going to Liv golf, people you thought had principles, love for the purity of the game etc..

Unread 13-07-2023, 05:40 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Here's me thinking he was going for the year-round sunshine.

I understand his motivations. Doesn't make it right.

Just shows how empty these celebrities are when it comes to their vocal support for social issues. Just like Lebron and countless others, everything changes when the cheques are being written.

I don't begrudge people taking a fortune to head out there for a year or two but I do begrudge celebs who push progressive stances for the kudos up to and until it threatens their bottom line. LeBron and China was laughable, he didn't need to put together a powerpoint for the General Assembly but when a peer was hounded for tweeting support for HK demonstrators he basically came out with a "shut up and play"

Unread 14-07-2023, 08:21 AM
Ethers

Unread 14-07-2023, 08:49 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He's still at the club

Thought we sold him last season

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:14 AM
windy waffles

This Saudi league is no joke...

Give it a two yeaes and half the prem will be over there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

£#%&! off....
Would you turn down £700k per week in the twilght of your career?

No you wouldn't.

Thanks.

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:22 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
This Saudi league is no joke...

Give it a two yeaes and half the prem will be over there...

Would you turn down £700k per week in the twilght of your career?

No you wouldn't.

Thanks.
Yes, because money has not and never will be important to me.....

You obviously base a lot of your life on it, hence the "fairplay " to Liverpool's MINGING captain

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:24 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yes, because money has not and never will be important to me.....

You obviously base a lot of your life on it, hence the "fairplay " to Liverpool's MINGING captain
I don't base a lot of my life on it but if I could secure my families futures for generations to come, I would do it...

Agree about the minging bit...

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:30 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Complete betrayal of his/one's own identity to vocally parade a set of views then make an about-turn to embrace the polar end of the spectrum where such views incur violence because of the pot of gold that sits at the end of the rainbow.

He's currently on £200,000 a week through another two years. If that sum of money is not enough to retain one's principles after 15 years of first-team Premier League salary, what is?

£700k a week to sell principles. How much to sell a family member? Taken ad infinitum, absolutely everything has a price. Revolting way to live a life. Alternatively he never believed what he said, which is manipulative & ugly in its own way.

No shine on this one whichever way its looked at. Except for Liverpool, who are being bailed out on one if not two broken midfielders who were on course to keep costing them a fortune.

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:34 AM
Ethers

It’s okay, he’s only doing it so his great great great great grandson doesn’t need to get a proper job, totally understandable.

£#%&! him.

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:35 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
It’s okay, he’s only doing it so his great great great great grandson doesn’t need to get a proper job, totally understandable.

£#%&! him.
When you put it like that...

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:36 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

£#%&! him.

absolutely unreal.

Fair comment regarding the LGBTQ++++ stuff, can't wait for him to justify that aspect of it...

The truth is of course, he won't justify it and won't be pulled up on it.

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:38 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

£#%&! him.

His net worth is currently estimated to be around 25 million; what kind of future would his kids have on such a pittance?

Unread 15-07-2023, 01:01 PM
Vedder

40m for Fabinho

Bid for our players ffs

Unread 16-07-2023, 06:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
40m for Fabinho

Bid for our players ffs
He’s 29, it isn’t that mad.

Unread 19-07-2023, 07:16 PM
AK14

Henderson off for an initial 12m but could rise depending on bonuses being met according to sky.

City cashing in on Mahrez for 30m too.

Unread 19-07-2023, 07:19 PM
Chris Quayd

Wonder if he’s packing his rainbow laces

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:17 PM
windy waffles

Mahrez going is pretty big...

They're not messing around...

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:18 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Certain poignancy in middling Saudi club (not one of the PIF financed ones) purchasing the Scouse brand for 50 mil all in between Gerrard & Henderson, replete w using club song on marketing videos.

City selling Mahrez a strange one. Continue to decimate their squad. No Gundogan, Mahrez .. no KDB to start the season .. Kyle Walker huge odds on to move to Bayern (presumably with mate from Spurs).

Sign a striker and title challenge definitely on.

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:30 PM
dunk

City are going to splurge..

Gvardiol will arrive. Raphinha mooted. They’ll probably sign some Worldy midfielder from somewhere.

Leao..?
Closed Thread