United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-11-2014, 05:49 AM
believe

Exclamation Nemanja Vidic

Rumours circulating here that he could be on his way back in January. Not happy at Inter and United obviously desperate.

Unread 17-11-2014, 06:26 AM
The taste of...

Have we got plusher treatment tables?

Unread 17-11-2014, 07:20 AM
barrington avenue

hope we bring Vidic,Nani,Zaha and Chico

Unread 17-11-2014, 08:13 AM
TheKitchenSink

Vidic has been a bit of a disaster at Inter so I'm sure they'd be happy to give him back. As short as we are when it comes to defenders, Vidic isn't the answer anymore. He was past it when he left us and even more so now. If he can't hack it in Serie A how is he going to cope coming back to the PL?

Unread 17-11-2014, 08:23 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington avenue

hope we bring Vidic,Nani,Zaha and Chico
I'd take that back 4 against Arsenal

Unread 17-11-2014, 08:33 AM
elephantstone

He couldn't wait to get away and he was supposed to be our club captain. £#%&! him

Unread 17-11-2014, 08:39 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
I'd take that back 4 against Arsenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
He couldn't wait to get away and he was supposed to be our club captain. £#%&! him
bloody hates want away serbs does Stoney, hates them.

Unread 17-11-2014, 08:54 AM
Jethro

The former club captain who jumped ship when things started to go wrong? Nah, you're alright.

Unread 17-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
Vidic has been a bit of a disaster at Inter so I'm sure they'd be happy to give him back. As short as we are when it comes to defenders, Vidic isn't the answer anymore. He was past it when he left us and even more so now. If he can't hack it in Serie A how is he going to cope coming back to the PL?

and he'd be any better for us? Milk turns quicker these days.

Unread 17-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Drexl

Him and Rio were the only two who appeared to see through moyes from day one and told him so to his face.

Wouldn't want either of them back though

Unread 17-11-2014, 10:28 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

bloody hates want away serbs does Stoney, hates them.
its there in black and white. He should have put principles before personalities.

Unread 17-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Drexl

Quote:
its there in black and white. He should have put principles before personalities.
Wasn't just a personality clash in my eyes. Moyes was completely in over his head. My principles would have me leaving a job where a total incompetent had been promoted above his capabilities. To my mind Vidic took a stand whereas rooney et al were happy just to get a fat payday.

Unread 17-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Stickman

Would have him back to help get us through only if he wasn't our only centre back signing.

Unread 17-11-2014, 11:25 AM
ZiggyStardust

No thanks

He'd be a disaster in a LvG team.
He's always been a £#%&!ing shite passer of the ball so I don't how he would suit our current style of split centre backs and always looking to play out from the back
Also Vidic playing in our high defensive line would be a disaster waiting to happen

Unread 17-11-2014, 11:35 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Wasn't just a personality clash in my eyes. Moyes was completely in over his head. My principles would have me leaving a job where a total incompetent had been promoted above his capabilities. To my mind Vidic took a stand whereas rooney et al were happy just to get a fat payday.
He was club captain with that came responsibility. He should have saw it out but instead opted for an easier option of playing serie A. Its hard to cast similarities between our jobs and Manchester United's club captain but I see where you are coming from.

Unread 17-11-2014, 11:40 AM
believe

Quote:
He was club captain with that came responsibility. He should have saw it out but instead opted for an easier option of playing serie A. Its hard to cast similarities between our jobs and Manchester United's club captain but I see where you are coming from.
I'm constantly comparing my job to Robbo's

Unread 17-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Even though I once had a summer job rolling sausage meat around pickled eggs at Walls it is hard to deny your point.

You make a good argument. I think I'm only defending Vidic because when you compare him to the likes of Anderson and Young, and even becks and rooney to a point, he at least has some sort of moral framework. Even if that moral framework was a perception made up by me.

There aren't many footballers I would defend, come to think of it. And that makes me sad. Give me back the days of Bruce, Eric and Keane please.

Unread 17-11-2014, 12:02 PM
believe

Quote:
Even though I once had a summer job rolling sausage meat around pickled eggs at Walls it is hard to deny your point.
might be in touch about this, I've beem wanting to try my own scotch eggs for a while.

Unread 17-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
might be in touch about this, I've beem wanting to try my own scotch eggs for a while.
Even though the sausage meat was 100% chopped up fat (including pig hairs) and the pickled eggs were housed down after rolling around on an oily floor, I still ate the scotch eggs fresh off the conveyor to cure my hangover

Unread 17-11-2014, 12:11 PM
believe

Quote:
Even though the sausage meat was 100% chopped up fat (including pig hairs) and the pickled eggs were housed down after rolling around on an oily floor, I still ate the scotch eggs fresh off the conveyor to cure my hangover
jesus, I £#%&!ing love them as well
Closed Thread