United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 62 53.91%
Sack 53 46.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 20-04-2024, 11:56 AM
Dr Stranger

We’re not getting Zidane. Absolute polar opposite of this INEOS model

Unread 20-04-2024, 02:05 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
We’re not getting Zidane. Absolute polar opposite of this INEOS model
I only listen if the usual sources speak

Unread 20-04-2024, 02:40 PM
BigRonManager

If he'd commit to selling Rashford and dropping Bruno when he's playing shit, he's worth another year imo.

Unread 20-04-2024, 05:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
If he'd commit to selling Rashford and dropping Bruno when he's playing shit, he's worth another year imo.
if he'd done that, maybe people would have voted for him. imagine it he'd abandoned the inverted fullbacks and played a midfield, too.

he be like a completely different manager. which is what we need.

Unread 20-04-2024, 07:05 PM
larry

vote or shut up

Unread 20-04-2024, 07:23 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
vote or shut up
no, larry.

Unread 20-04-2024, 10:24 PM
Surfers do Charlie

I don’t see the point in replacing him now before the new ownership and dof structure is properly in place.

No manager would flourish with the issues he’s dealt with over the last two years. He’s had to deal with Ronaldo, pogba, Sancho, greenwood and an injury crisis like we’ve never seen before.

Get the ratcliffe structure sorted and then if he still isn’t up to it, spend time sourcing a proper replacement for the next 5-10 years not Southgate ffs.

He may well not be a long term solution but until a solid club structure is in place we can’t know for sure.

To repeat - Southgate may be the alternative.

Unread 21-04-2024, 12:32 AM
westcoastvan

3 more injuries, or as Romano states it...

"More than 60! It's around 64, 65, so it's an incredible situation for Man Utd. Too many injuries. This is absolutely not normal."

So for me, Ten Hag in/out comes down to who is mostly responsible for the injury crisis, Ten Hag, or the Glazer's running down the club.

I remember a lot of injuries under Van Gaal, but....65 is a lot. (There is evidence pointing to Ten Hag as being culpable in this)

Unread 21-04-2024, 01:03 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie View Post
I don’t see the point in replacing him now before the new ownership and dof structure is properly in place.

No manager would flourish with the issues he’s dealt with over the last two years. He’s had to deal with Ronaldo, pogba, Sancho, greenwood and an injury crisis like we’ve never seen before.

Get the ratcliffe structure sorted and then if he still isn’t up to it, spend time sourcing a proper replacement for the next 5-10 years not Southgate ffs.

He may well not be a long term solution but until a solid club structure is in place we can’t know for sure.

To repeat - Southgate may be the alternative.
+ Martial and Rashford, virtual absentees, on top of the “injuries”

Unread 21-04-2024, 09:41 AM
armchair

“What concerns me is that in 18 months I have never had my favourite team on the pitch once, because players were injured – that concerns me. In fact there was only one time, against City at home last season. That is the only time I had a full squad to pick my full team.”

"...And I know that when we’ve had so many injuries in crucial key positions, you can’t deliver the results you want to bring."

Bodes well.

Unread 21-04-2024, 09:51 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
“What concerns me is that in 18 months I have never had my favourite team on the pitch once, because players were injured – that concerns me. In fact there was only one time, against City at home last season. That is the only time I had a full squad to pick my full team.”

"...And I know that when we’ve had so many injuries in crucial key positions, you can’t deliver the results you want to bring."

Bodes well.
Struggling to comprehend how many injuries we’ve had. It does smell a little bit of players not wanting to play and expose themselves in a poorly functioning system. Obvs not players like Martinez but some of the others smell like bullshit. Mount and Amrabat injured? How exactly?

Very suss.

Unread 21-04-2024, 10:31 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Struggling to comprehend how many injuries we’ve had. It does smell a little bit of players not wanting to play and expose themselves in a poorly functioning system. Obvs not players like Martinez but some of the others smell like bullshit. Mount and Amrabat injured? How exactly?

Very suss.

So are we blaming the players now then or what?

That's not a snide remark BTW, I just don't know exactly where fault lies. Having watched the shitshow that is United over the last 10 years, I'd err on it being an issue with poor recruitment/players rather than management. The players should do what the manager tells them, if they choose not to it's on them.

I'm currently about 65% in on my ever sliding scale, purely because there's only about 5 players in the first team squad I don't think are @#%&!s

Unread 21-04-2024, 10:36 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post

Very suss.
My first thought when I saw these new injuries. In the case of Big Willy, could be him or the management want to avoid him being thrown under the bus so early in his career.

The thing is, if the injuries are all genuine then there needs to be a Spanish Enquiry asap to find out how the £#%&! so many players are falling apart.

Unread 21-04-2024, 01:10 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
My first thought when I saw these new injuries. In the case of Big Willy, could be him or the management want to avoid him being thrown under the bus so early in his career.

The thing is, if the injuries are all genuine then there needs to be a Spanish Enquiry asap to find out how the £#%&! so many players are falling apart.
Nah. Think as Mike suggested, a half of them are being very choosy when they fancy it or not. Apart from perma+sicknote Martial, Verane, Casemiro, Mount, Amrabat etc + Rashford, who might as well be injured. Verane let it be known last season that he wants to prolong his career, $$$$$$$$$$$ hence opting out of internationals and clearly self club games. Pogba did it and it has caught on.

Unread 21-04-2024, 01:58 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
So are we blaming the players now then or what?

That's not a snide remark BTW, I just don't know exactly where fault lies. Having watched the shitshow that is United over the last 10 years, I'd err on it being an issue with poor recruitment/players rather than management. The players should do what the manager tells them, if they choose not to it's on them.

I'm currently about 65% in on my ever sliding scale, purely because there's only about 5 players in the first team squad I don't think are @#%&!s
I’m blaming it on the players yes. I blame the manager for serving up such a an incoherent tactically misunderstood shit show but also the players for failing to adapt to it and then shitting out with the slightest excuse. There’s just way too many injuries and like Shenners said, if they are all genuine injuries then the coaching and medical staff want shooting.

Unread 21-04-2024, 06:50 PM
red in cumbria

That ridiculous and humiliating collapse was down to his (bad) decisions. No coming back from that I fear.

Unread 21-04-2024, 06:54 PM
Chris Quayd

No longer think we should sack him, I'm more amenable to perhaps firing him out of a canon into the Irwell

Unread 21-04-2024, 06:57 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
No longer think we should sack him, I'm more amenable to perhaps firing him out of a canon into the Irwell
sackings too good for him

Unread 21-04-2024, 06:58 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Not sure he'd fit?

Unread 21-04-2024, 07:30 PM
AK14