United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-03-2007, 09:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default United after Huntelaar?

According to The Times we are :-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle1588629.ece

Huntelaar, Hargreaves and Nani would be decent summer methinks.

Unread 30-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Torquemada

I would have preferred Hargreaves, Torres and Nani, but hey, this ain't bad. I doubt it will work out like that though. Only if we win the treble will Glazer loosen the purse strings to that extent.

Unread 30-03-2007, 09:20 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

I hope so mate.Just can't see us getting all three.

Unread 30-03-2007, 09:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
I would have preferred Hargreaves, Torres and Nani, but hey, this ain't bad. I doubt it will work out like that though. Only if we win the treble will Glazer loosen the purse strings to that extent.
So would I but it just isn't possible as far as I can see. Huntelaar is still raw but he'sa very good finisher.

Unread 30-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Torquemada

Quote:
So would I but it just isn't possible as far as I can see. Huntelaar is still raw but he'sa very good finisher.
He keeps getting compared to Ruud, but I just don't see him in that light. He has a shot for starters...

Unread 30-03-2007, 09:51 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
He keeps getting compared to Ruud, but I just don't see him in that light. He has a shot for starters...

Bit concerned about his pace and movement. From what I've seen of him, he hasn't displayed much of either. Wouldn't want a Ruud-Lite.

Unread 30-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Bit concerned about his pace and movement. From what I've seen of him, he hasn't displayed much of either. Wouldn't want a Ruud-Lite.
That's why I'd prefer Torres, but it may be that Huntelaar's currently just a bit lazy and we can coach some urgency (and speed) into him.

Unread 30-03-2007, 09:56 AM
curtis ian

Quote:

would be more than decent but i can not see all three coming. hes one of the most natural goal scorers for his age in europe but the lad lacks speed. right age to come though.

Unread 30-03-2007, 09:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He certainly isn't lightening but he is still fairly raw, there is a huge upside with him but also no small risk.

Unread 30-03-2007, 09:58 AM
curtis ian

Quote:
i disagree with the movement part to be honest with you, hes very naturaly gifted when it comes to creating space for himself and runs off the ball. thats what sets him apart from many his age.

Unread 30-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Crumps

I hope not. If we get him look forward to football that breaks up because the centre forward is slower than everyone else on the pitch and Rooney is getting marked out of the game on the half way line.

Unread 30-03-2007, 10:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
I hope not. If we get him look forward to football that breaks up because the centre forward is slower than everyone else on the pitch and Rooney is getting marked out of the game on the half way line.
He isn't that slow.

Unread 30-03-2007, 10:02 AM
curtis ian

Quote:
He isn't that slow.
hes too slow for our league

Unread 30-03-2007, 10:06 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis ian
i disagree with the movement part to be honest with you, hes very naturaly gifted when it comes to creating space for himself and runs off the ball. thats what sets him apart from many his age.
Like I say, haven't seen that much of him, and I doubt I've seen him turn out what he would call a decent performance.

Tbh Babel stood out as a better player - again from what little I've seen.

Unread 30-03-2007, 10:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis ian
hes too slow for our league
It's being made out he's as slow as Fletcher for £#%&!s sake. He's as quick as Ruud was when he first joined and he scored a few.

Unread 30-03-2007, 10:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Saw him have a shocker the other week, dragged off. Winger rather than forward too.

Unread 30-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Torquemada

It's always difficult with players from the Dutch league isn't it? When we got Ruud I thought he looked a real thoroughbred (i.e. like a horse). Seriously though, it looked nailed on that he would succed in the Premiership, and for a few seasons he did.

With Huntelaar it's a bit different. True, he's been scoring potloads for a couple of seasons now, but so was Kuyt before he came to the Skaus, and he is utter garbage against anyone except the lowliest of opponents. If he's getting picked for the Dutch national side ahead of Huntelaar then this could be a bad sign. Conversley, the Dutch management does have a habit of making odd decisions and isolating good players, so it could be that van Basten just thinks Huntelaar isn't quite ready to be the fisrt-choice striker at the moment.

Unread 30-03-2007, 10:09 AM
curtis ian

Quote:
Like I say, haven't seen that much of him, and I doubt I've seen him turn out what he would call a decent performance.

try and watch more of him man, youll be impressed, very very instinctive for a player of his age. he was top draw against feyenoord the other week.

glad to hear that, babels top on his day, pity hes constantly played out of position though, havent seen much of the lad this season but was wasted on the wing last yr

Unread 30-03-2007, 10:10 AM
curtis ian

Quote:
Saw him have a shocker the other week, dragged off. Winger rather than forward too.
hes not the kid he is no, but he has the moments. disagree with that man, defo more natural for him up front.

Unread 30-03-2007, 10:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

If Fergie is actually after him he'll end up being very good I suspect. Fergie has a pretty decent record with signing strikers.
Closed Thread