United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 19-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Poop

Alpha benchmarks. Running on a pretty meaty rig but its clear AMD card owners should be alright. Locked to 60 fps, dunno about the finished version.

Unread 19-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Drexl

Well that's good news. My gfx card is so low it isn't even on the list. A syrupy 3fps for me

I bought doom 2 recently. Forgot about the awful controls. You move by "pushing" your mouse like you are playing air hockey. Binned.

EDIT: was looking at the cost of new cards. Just ordrered two of these in SLI:

http://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/prod...FYEy0woddiEOpQ

Unread 19-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Poop

Binned Doom 2. How fucking dare you!

Fuck knows what control setup you have opted for but pushing the mouse to move????

Set it to wasd with mouse look.

Better yet download the Doomsday or Z-Doom engine to run the game through it with all the modern FPS settings available to you.

Binning Doom 2 ffs

:seething:

Unread 19-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Binned Doom 2. How f**king dare you!

f**k knows what control setup you have opted for but pushing the mouse to move????

Set it to wasd with mouse look.

Better yet download the Doomsday or Z-Doom engine to run the game through it with all the modern FPS settings available to you.

Binning Doom 2 ffs

:seething:
I love it, don't get me wrong, I assumed it was a case of "you cannot go back."

God knows what I was doing wrong... I had a mod to configure it and even that was like pulling teeth. You have inspired me to try again. Cheers for the tips

EDIT: looks amazing, but similar problem, too tired to look now. Both strafe and turn are bound to the same keys. I couldn't find an answer to it with the previous mod, hopefully this will have a solution.

Last edited by Drexl; 19-02-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Unread 19-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Poop

Get rid of whatever mods you have and if you are using either of the engines I mentioned, assign left strafe to Q, right strafe to E and leave it at that. You don't need to use the keyboard to turn left or right, mouse will take care of that.

Unread 19-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Get rid of whatever mods you have and if you are using either of the engines I mentioned, assign left strafe to Q, right strafe to E and leave it at that. You don't need to use the keyboard to turn left or right, mouse will take care of that.
I think part of the problem is i've used the arrow keys instead of wasd for so long there is no going back. I've installed doomsday. If i can unbind "turn" then everything will be rosy.

Many thanks for this btw.

Unread 19-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
I think part of the problem is i've used the arrow keys instead of wasd for so long there is no going back. I've installed doomsday. If i can unbind "turn" then everything will be rosy.

Many thanks for this btw.
I'm only working from memory but I think backspace on the keyboard unbinds player actions.

Unread 19-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Well that's good news. My gfx card is so low it isn't even on the list. A syrupy 3fps for me

I bought doom 2 recently. Forgot about the awful controls. You move by "pushing" your mouse like you are playing air hockey. Binned.

EDIT: was looking at the cost of new cards. Just ordrered two of these in SLI:

http://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/prod...FYEy0woddiEOpQ
I know you haven't bought two compute cards for gaming when you could buy 4 Titan X with plenty of change...plus Pascal is out soon.

Unread 19-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Drexl

Thumbs up

EDIT: I don't read instructions (as evidenced by the time I installed a new washer in my house and didn't remove the bolts that secured the drum in transit and literally had to cling onto it like a bucking bronco as it went into spin and bounced around my kitchen smashing f**k out of everything ) so it took me a while to configure the mouse.

But this works a bloody dream.

You, sir, shall have good rep some time in the near future when I am able to re-rep.

Today, is doom's day.

Last edited by Drexl; 20-02-2016 at 09:17 AM.

Unread 01-03-2016, 01:56 PM
CarrotMan

DOOM 4 is Love