United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2008, 04:12 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I still think it would've been better to get a normal sponsor and give that money to charidee, but fair play to 'em.
agreed. Fair play to Villa - but as you say - surely get 5m or whatever and give it to the Hospice.

Unread 03-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
also very cheap ST prices at Villa, he doesn't have a 600m debt to pay off though.
or a full ground and a brilliant first team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I still think it would've been better to get a normal sponsor and give that money to charidee, but fair play to 'em.
5m should prove small change compared to the good that comes from spreading the word this way

Unread 03-06-2008, 04:24 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
agreed. Fair play to Villa - but as you say - surely get 5m or whatever and give it to the Hospice.
will a pentage of shirt sales not be donated? either way, great move by villa. i have the upmost respect for barca also.

wont the club beable to put the sponsor against the VAT/tax?

for example if the shirt sponsorship was worth 10million to any other company, sharp for example, wouldn't the club beable to get a percentage back?

perhaps united could have 'the phoenix fund' on theirs?

Unread 03-06-2008, 04:28 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Shirt sponsors for next season are a midlands based charity and the sponsorship is free. Credit where it is due.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...la/7433169.stm

Agreed Sir Ed.

Unread 03-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
will a pentage of shirt sales not be donated? either way, great move by villa. i have the upmost respect for barca also.

wont the club beable to put the sponsor against the VAT/tax?

for example if the shirt sponsorship was worth 10million to any other company, sharp for example, wouldn't the club beable to get a percentage back?

perhaps united could have 'the phoenix fund' on theirs?

Closed Thread