United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:12 PM
wee man
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I still think it would've been better to get a normal sponsor and give that money to charidee, but fair play to 'em.
agreed. Fair play to Villa - but as you say - surely get 5m or whatever and give it to the Hospice.
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Tumescent Throb
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
also very cheap ST prices at Villa, he doesn't have a 600m debt to pay off though.
or a full ground and a brilliant first team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I still think it would've been better to get a normal sponsor and give that money to charidee, but fair play to 'em.
5m should prove small change compared to the good that comes from spreading the word this way
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:24 PM
wonky no
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
agreed. Fair play to Villa - but as you say - surely get 5m or whatever and give it to the Hospice.
will a pentage of shirt sales not be donated? either way, great move by villa. i have the upmost respect for barca also.

wont the club beable to put the sponsor against the VAT/tax?

for example if the shirt sponsorship was worth 10million to any other company, sharp for example, wouldn't the club beable to get a percentage back?


perhaps united could have 'the phoenix fund' on theirs?
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:28 PM
captain scarlet
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Shirt sponsors for next season are a midlands based charity and the sponsorship is free. Credit where it is due.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...la/7433169.stm

Agreed Sir Ed.
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Tumescent Throb
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
will a pentage of shirt sales not be donated? either way, great move by villa. i have the upmost respect for barca also.

wont the club beable to put the sponsor against the VAT/tax?

for example if the shirt sponsorship was worth 10million to any other company, sharp for example, wouldn't the club beable to get a percentage back?


perhaps united could have 'the phoenix fund' on theirs?

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Aston Villa - Respect
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Derby County 0 Aston Villa 6: Petrov rocket propels Villa closer to Europe fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 12-04-2008 11:50 PM
Aston Villa 4 Bolton Wanderers 0: Rampant Villa leave Megson's Trotters with mountain to climb fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 08-04-2008 01:00 AM
Manchester Utd 4 Aston Villa 0: Dynamic duo destroy Villa as red-hot United close in on title fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 30-03-2008 04:27 AM
Manchester Utd 4 Aston Villa 0: Dynamic duo destroy Villa as red-hot United close in on title fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 30-03-2008 01:10 AM
Liverpool 2 Aston Villa 2: Villa plunder a point as rebellion ferments in the Anfield stands fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 22-01-2008 12:50 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.