United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-07-2022, 08:37 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
This is a terrible argument but might be better if the alternative wasn't Manchester.

He’ll probably pop over Monday, look at the entire country wilting under a bit of heat and get on the first plane back

Unread 16-07-2022, 08:45 AM
Dasilvatwins

Isn’t it the salary cap that’s messing Barcelona up with registering players.

I’d offer them 40 million for de jong take it or leave it. If he stays they won’t be able to register players

Unread 16-07-2022, 08:48 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

He’ll probably pop over Monday, look at the entire country wilting under a bit of heat and get on the first plane back
Get him on a boat trip on the ship canal on Monday

Unread 16-07-2022, 10:19 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Isn’t it the salary cap that’s messing Barcelona up with registering players.

I’d offer them 40 million for de jong take it or leave it. If he stays they won’t be able to register players
They already accepted our bid you gimp.

Unread 16-07-2022, 10:36 AM
dunk

Officially going on tour.

So much for our Friday deadline

Unread 16-07-2022, 10:39 AM
Vedder

Hope we walk away and leave Barca in the shit

Unread 16-07-2022, 10:40 AM
My Name is Heath

I like FDJ.

He is standing up for himself big time here.

Means he won’t be a snivelling wimp when he gets here.

#teamdeJong

Unread 16-07-2022, 10:40 AM
Pop

Pfft. £#%&! him. Hope he snags his shirt on the plane door and is dragged across the atlantic till touching down.

Unread 16-07-2022, 11:08 AM
puressence

Must be his brother going USA as saffers has told us he’s coming and joined

Unread 16-07-2022, 11:17 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Must be his brother going USA as saffers has told us he’s coming and joined
Frankie de wrong

Unread 16-07-2022, 11:34 AM
Sapien

Poor man's Iqbal imo

Unread 16-07-2022, 11:40 AM
MUFC One Love

Surely United walk away now? Unless he has told them he will come and is happy to go on the tour to play the game for his money. Barca must have to sell him ffs they're spending money.

Unread 16-07-2022, 11:57 AM
sweetleftfoot

I'd have more respect now for Murtough and Arnold if they told Barcelona to go £#%&! themselves and walk away.

They'd be right in the shit then.

Unread 16-07-2022, 11:59 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Surely United walk away now? Unless he has told them he will come and is happy to go on the tour to play the game for his money. Barca must have to sell him ffs they're spending money.
It’s not the spending that’s the issue but registering these players with La Liga due to their hard wage cap
They can’t even register the likes of Kessie and Christensen until they get De Jong’s wages off the books never mind the players they’re signing for big transfer fees

It’s the weirdest transfer saga I’ve ever seen

If this isn’t sorted by the time we leave Australia then we have to move on

Unread 16-07-2022, 12:02 PM
Joe Biden

Barca will be able to register these players soon apparently even without selling de Jong. They've mugged United off using them to try and lower de Jong’s wages.

He's called their bluff and barca are happy to keep him.

Unread 16-07-2022, 12:09 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

After the beating McFred laid down on Morton, Elliott & the Melbourne boys not sure we need him TBH

Unread 16-07-2022, 12:29 PM
Blomq15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It’s not the spending that’s the issue but registering these players with La Liga due to their hard wage cap
They can’t even register the likes of Kessie and Christensen until they get De Jong’s wages off the books never mind the players they’re signing for big transfer fees

It’s the weirdest transfer saga I’ve ever seen

If this isn’t sorted by the time we leave Australia then we have to move on
Surely Friday was the cut off point? Anyone we go in for now knows they weren’t first choice and their club knows we’re desperate. I think Murtough and Arnold may have #@&%!ed this.

Unread 16-07-2022, 12:33 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Barca will be able to register these players soon apparently even without selling de Jong. They've mugged United off using them to try and lower de Jong’s wages.

He's called their bluff and barca are happy to keep him.
Not a chance IMO.

The facts I think we can be pretty sure about:

United want to sign de Jong.

Ten hag and de Jong have a previous relationship and have been in contact privately.

There’s a contractual issue between de Jong and Barca if he were to leave this summer.

To this we can add some speculative assumptions -

Barca need de Jong to leave or take a huge pay cut, and de Jong is refusing both options.

Barca can’t afford de Jong staying and will thus have to pay him to leave, but want to pay him as little as possible.

De Jong is amongst the very best at what he does, and is also a stylistic fit for Man City, liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern Munich. So surely at least one would be interested in signing him, but none have moved for him publicly all summer so far.

One of those clubs may be prepared to pay what Barca owe the player.

If united have set a deadline of tonight, and we walk away. One of the other clubs step in and get it done due to a willingness to bung the player what Barca owe. Which would suit Barca perfectly.

De Jong will leave this summer, and ultimately where he goes depends on ten hag and de Jong. Does ten hag hold on and risk missing other midfield deals and does de Jong remain committed to joining ten hag. Looks like both of those need to happen to face Barca down and stop other clubs getting the opportunity to steam in. The biggest risk I think is ten hag moving on rather than risking not getting a midfielder. But if both hold firm, it should really happen and maybe that will be ten hag’s view depending on private talks with de Jong.

Another last minute possibility is Barca agree a deal with de Jong where they pay him x this season, and then give him x payoff to leave next summer.

Unread 16-07-2022, 12:43 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Not a chance IMO.

Ten hag and de Jong have a previous relationship and have been in contact privately.

There’s a contractual issue between de Jong and Barca if he were to leave this summer.

Barca need de Jong to leave or take a huge pay cut, and de Jong is refusing both options.

Barca can’t afford de Jong staying and will thus have to pay him to leave, but want to pay him as little as possible.

De Jong is amongst the very best at what he does, and is also a stylistic fit for Man City, liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern Munich. So surely at least one would be interested in signing him, but none have moved for him publicly all summer so far.

If united have set a deadline of tonight, and we walk away. One of the other clubs step in and get it done due to a willingness to bung the player what Barca owe. Which would suit Barca perfectly.

De Jong will leave this summer, and ultimately where he goes depends on ten hag and de Jong. Does ten hag hold on and risk missing other midfield deals and does de Jong remain committed to joining ten hag. Looks like both of those need to happen to face Barca down and stop other clubs getting the opportunity to steam in. The biggest risk I think is ten hag moving on rather than risking not getting a midfielder. But if both hold firm, it should really happen and maybe that will be ten hag’s view depending on private talks with de Jong.

Another last minute possibility is Barca agree a deal with de Jong where they pay him x this season, and then give him x payoff to leave next summer.
This fella.

Its a beautiful day, pal. Go for a walk, ffs.

Unread 16-07-2022, 02:09 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Not a chance IMO.

The lines in bold are true, but you have no idea if they’ve spoke privately
Closed Thread